Stronghold

Dominique

Re: Stronghold

Kind of. Depends what's inside. If it has 25mm scale large maps and tons of villains' date=' I'd be happy.[/quote']

I don't care about the villains at all.

I want to see a wide variety of ways of dealing with each kind of "hard to incarcerate" power, from different default assumptions. For instance, I don't like power suppression technology; I can't use a prison that's based on its existence. If a villain's teleport has SFX where it just doesn't make sense that a hardened force field would stop it ("distance is an illusion" or anything else where the imaginary line between bampf-points is completely irrelevant), how does Stronghold deal with it? What resources do they have to find out what powers the prisoner might be hiding? What if there is no super-tech?

I'm afraid the book is going to only use "CU default assumptions" and show you the Stronghold of the CU. What I want is a book of ideas on how incarceration might work in many different superverses.

It's too late for this to influence the book, but it's what I'll be looking for in reviews when deciding whether to buy it.

I have the two previous versions of Stronghold' date=' so I'd have to say 'Oh yes'[/quote']

Interesting. For the very same reason I'd have to say "maybe." ;)

The breakdown of Stronghold in Classic Enemies has served me well for many years. If the book gives interesting new takes on the overall concept and the specifics, I'll probably pick it up, but at this point I don't feel that I need it to add to my campaign.

I'm open to being sold on it, though. :)

Kind of. Depends what's inside. If it has 25mm scale large maps and tons of villains' date=' I'd be happy.[/quote']

I myself am looking forward to villians. Othoe we should remind ourselves "this is not an enimies book", and the focus should be on the people who run the prison and guard it, and not who is inside the prison.

Still, give us about five to ten good supervillians, with examples on how thay could excape, and how Stronghold has found ways that thay can't excape, and I will be happy.

Oh, and the golden rule: If the GM says that villian x has excaped Strnghold, then villian x has, unless it is someone who is wearing villian x's costume and using villian x's weapions and such. But that is another story.