Science Fantasy Page Starting. Need Help.

Jkeown

Have a look at this: It's the first bit of my Fantasy Hero/Star Hero genre bashing thing I call Exodus. Exodus has been around for a while, but I'm revising all my stuff, and it's just time to do this one.

It's just a few worlds, and I need thoughts. Would you, if you were a player in this game, want more detail, or are the paragraphs and kickin' graphics enough? Enough detail on physical data? Green font too much?

http://www.geocities.com/jephkay@sbcglobal.net/destinations.htm

Thanks in advance for your input.

Re: Science Fantasy Page Starting. Need Help.

It's just a few worlds' date=' and I need thoughts. Would you, if you were a player in this game, want more detail, or are the paragraphs and kickin' graphics enough? Enough detail on physical data? Green font too much? [/quote']

It’s enough, but also needs more detail. If I was playing, I would want to be able to click on a link of select planets to get more detail. However, I wouldn’t want to wade through a large amount of details for the other planets.

At first I liked the green, but it is harder on the eyes with a long read.

EDIT: I really like the graphics you selected for the planets.

I really like the graphics you selected for the planets.

Thank you. I did those using Photoshop and Flaming Pear's Lunar Cell plugin. I'm not sure if PSP can use it or not. But they're a great little company. Darn trial period ran out today, tho... so no new worlds until I scrape up $20 to register the plug in.

Definitely it would be good to put more detail on where the PCs are starting. Keep in mind they may wish to stay put for a while instead of going planet hopping.

Also since we're talking about science fantasy, you can use ideas thought of by other people. Weapons of course include light sabres and Wookie bowcasters. The melee weapons of the Thanagarians in the Justice League cartoon would also work. Transportation includes robotic horses and sailing ships that fly through the air (or even in space). Floating cities may also be common.

I would agree about the yucky green font, it works, but its hard on the eyes after a while, the old green mono screens come to mind

as far as world data goes, you can never have enough, there are a couple of nice little programs for generating world data.... depending on how much data you want to give each world... Heaven and Earth can even do basic world maps during generation, Galactic just does basic design for classic traveller, but it gives you basic world data to expand upon, and both programs are free

Have a look at this: It's the first bit of my Fantasy Hero/Star Hero genre bashing thing I call Exodus. Exodus has been around for a while, but I'm revising all my stuff, and it's just time to do this one.

It's just a few worlds, and I need thoughts. Would you, if you were a player in this game, want more detail, or are the paragraphs and kickin' graphics enough? Enough detail on physical data? Green font too much?

http://www.geocities.com/jephkay@sbcglobal.net/destinations.htm

Thanks in advance for your input.

A map of the surface or data on major cities is always helpful.

The graphics are sweet. Repped.