Marvel Character Hero System Writeups

Ben Seeman

Re: Marvel Character Hero System Writeups

Hey, any Marvelphiles out there wanna help me figure out what Count Nefaria's current Ionic Powers are? I'm sure I could simply throw "Superman" down, change the name and slap CN's pic on it, but if there is a significant difference I'd like to know.

Hey' date=' any Marvelphiles out there wanna help me figure out what Count Nefaria's current Ionic Powers are? I'm sure I could simply throw "Superman" down, change the name and slap CN's pic on it, but if there is a significant difference I'd like to know.[/quote'] Don't know the current Count Nefaria but why bother? They'll change him in the next story.

I'd just build him the way his powers were defined in his first Ionic appearance. It's just easier that way to modify later if you feel the need.

In that version, he was superfast, could fly like a whirlwind, was invulnerable, superstrong, and had laser projection powers. And he was, I believe, a hundred times more powerful than Whirlwind, Living Laser, and Power Man (at his peak = to Wonderman) in their respective powers. I'd put him at +35 Strength over whatever you would assign the Ionic Avenger. I doubt the Living Laser had better than Amazing rank attacks in MSHRP, so I'd put his laser beams at about 20 damage classes. I'd give him an 8 or 9 speed. PD and ED up over Grond's and with serious Damage Reduction...

And he demonstrated a lot of brick tricks.

Don't know the current Count Nefaria but why bother? They'll change him in the next story.

I'd just build him the way his powers were defined in his first Ionic appearance. It's just easier that way to modify later if you feel the need.

In that version, he was superfast, could fly like a whirlwind, was invulnerable, superstrong, and had laser projection powers. And he was, I believe, a hundred times more powerful than Whirlwind, Living Laser, and Power Man (at his peak = to Wonderman) in their respective powers. I'd put him at +35 Strength over whatever you would assign the Ionic Avenger. I doubt the Living Laser had better than Amazing rank attacks in MSHRP, so I'd put his laser beams at about 20 damage classes. I'd give him an 8 or 9 speed. PD and ED up over Grond's and with serious Damage Reduction...

And he demonstrated a lot of brick tricks.

Which books does CN usually show up? I haven't seen him in any of the comics I read (FF, Cap, IM, Hulk), is he an Avengers villian mainly?

TB

Which books does CN usually show up? I haven't seen him in any of the comics I read (FF, Cap, IM, Hulk), is he an Avengers villian mainly?

TB

He was. I don't really read the comics anymore. I occasionally hear what horrible things they are doing to their characters though. He also appeared in what? Issues #95 and #96, I think, of the Uncanny X-Men and is tied into Thunderbird's death. I should go look it up but I won't. (Yes, I have those issues and much, much more. :) )

And we're always willing to accept more (I hit a time period for a while when I went back to school where I simply didn't have time to keep it updated' date=' but I'm through with that).[/quote']

As am I. As it is, I only have Longshot on my site that I can think of. I'd love to host more characters from different sources.

It's almost too bad that we couldn't all piece together a site like Star Hero Fandom for Champions ... could post Champions specific news and even have a core area where people could go for conversions and such :) Heck, I'd be willing to lend some of my design skills to that ;)

• 9 months later...