Minor Power Build - Magnetic Media

Lonewalker

I was wondering how folks would build this minor power. I remember seeing this a couple of times in comics and TV where a character (usually with energy powers) was able to read information on magnetic media (floppy discs, CDs, etc) without the need of any external device.

How would ya'll represent this in game terms? I was figuring either a special effect of lots of Microscopic vision or some kind of Cyberkinesis trick.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Lonewalker

Re: Minor Power Build - Magnetic Media

Floppy discs are gone

cds are as magnetic as my butt, probabilly less so

just call it sense information, usable at range, discrimatory. After all tracking scent has no right to exist its merely highly enhanced per mods on smell.

Floppy discs are gone

cds are as magnetic as my butt, probabilly less so

just call it sense information, usable at range, discrimatory. After all tracking scent has no right to exist its merely highly enhanced per mods on smell.

Hard drives are still magnetic. There are still machines in use that use 9-Track tapes. Plenty of magnetic media still around.

IMHO, if the character is a cyberpath, that power would be a "gimme," no power skill trick necessary. Otherwise, what Vorsch said.

I wouldn't do simply a 'detect' because that doesn't seem to specify knowing the information. I might use a post/retro cognition with a limitation about 'only for computers' or somesuch. The mechanics being that the person looks back to when the info was put on and what it was. :hush:

I'd go with a simple Detect Information, Discriminatory.

I remember this power from the old Starman TV show. If I recall correctly, he did it a grand total of one time, in the premiere, and then never again. And what the heck did those ball bearings do?