The Cutting Edge SuperBase...what's in it?

Enforcer84

Re: The Cutting Edge SuperBase...what's in it?

me too, but I'd like to be able to explain what things do when the time comes.

oh and....THE BALLROOM!

I would have gone for a more Tudor/Elizabethan style ceiling, i.e. vaulted, painted, gilded, with wooden timber beams (in reality titanium/admantium alloy made to look like aged English Oak of course;-))

I like the size thouhg, just I find the ceiling to be undignified in a true SuperBase.

TB

In addition to all the great stuff people have already posted, I'd mention, for a typical high-end JLA/Avengers superteam:

"War Room" with sensor monitors, and direct communication links with U.N., NATO, and major governments

Sensor system and Teleportation system with whole Earth range

Occult lab & research room for the team's supermage(s)

Dimensional/Interstellar "Stargate" or "Negative Zone" standing teleportation gates to known trouble spots, often as occult/super-science relics of previous adventures. This may or may not include a time machine, too.

R&R rooms: this may vary from the mundane (home movie & music system, videogames, movie and CD collection) to the exotic (VR immersive environment, a la Star Trek: this may also easily be used for training -cutting edge danger room- as well as for recreative puposes).

In addition to mundane science labs, the super-science and/or occult research rooms focused on understanding, developing and controlling methuman powers origins: excellent for justifying buying a new power, and for those "Ben Grimm" where the gadgeeters and mages of the team work to revert disfiguring or crippling side-effects of powers.

Meeting room with the mandatory "New Knights of the Round Table" look: super-sized ornate table with throne-like seats bearing the symbols/sigils of the team members.

Lavish apartments for all the members, plus guest rooms.

Robot and/or golem automatons to cover basic maintainance and butler the team.

For space and extra-dimensional bases, the scenic view room to relax and meditate.

Full Life Support systems, providing for continous supply of air, food, and power.

The cranky I.A. monitorig it all.

for a communications room. I am looking for individual terminals.

HRRH, Usable by others, up to 8, OAF Terminals, bulky, fragile?

Holographic Projector: Images sight, sound groups, OIF Immobile, Fragile?

You could go with some of the stuff PARC was dreaming up before AT&T broke it. They had smart badges keyed to individuals, so any room could become that person's workspace. This will offer entertaining possibilites for villains who can get into the system.

Spinning tops of doom would also be helpful, as would a butler's quarters -- someone has to polish those tops.

You could go with some of the stuff PARC was dreaming up before AT&T broke it. They had smart badges keyed to individuals, so any room could become that person's workspace. This will offer entertaining possibilites for villains who can get into the system.

Spinning tops of doom would also be helpful, as would a butler's quarters -- someone has to polish those tops.

PARC was Xerox, Bell Labs was AT&T, FYI.

TB

Guest Soulcatcher

You can always go with a base within an extradimensional pocket universe the size of the grounds of the base with an extra-dimensional gate in your mansion or building, then your main defences focus on the gateway plus additional defences on your actual base. I developed this concept in one of my campaigns.

The gateway could also be portable so that you could bring access to your base with you.

The variety of unusual physiologies present in the meta-community necessitates progressive thinking in the field of sanitary facility design.

super_toilet.jpg

Super-dense or heavy metahumans may require specially re-enforced toilets.

SuperToilet0.jpg

Metahumans with highly variable or unusual biochemistries may require the ability to adjust their sanitary facility's temperature, vibrational rate, or magnetic shielding.

SuperToilet2.jpg

Simple illustrated instructions will permit metahumans to access such features, even if they are unable to comprehend any Earth-Language.

Supertoilet3.jpeg

Adjustable toilet height, width, length, and angle can be quite useful for metahumans with unusual body shapes and sizes.

SuperToiletA.jpg

Yes, there is something for every Hero in the Bathroom of Tomorrow.