Need help with my PC

Greywolf2001ca

Guest bblackmoor

Re: Need help with my PC

9 Power Defense 20pts' date=' OIHID, staff required to activate only[/quote']

And here we see, in a nutshell, why I'm not going to waste my time responding to Greywolf's request for "help". This one line, by itself, is in direct contravention of at least three distinct pieces of advice she has received on this character.

Personally, I suspect she's a troll. Aside from what appear to be deliberate attempts to do the opposite of what people here have told her she should do, why else would she litter her posts with gratuitous FONT tags, other than to intentionally annoy anyone who responds to her?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bblackmoor

And I believe it's the sixth time this has been posted in this thread' date=' but your character CANNOT be book legal if it's not GM legal. That's a rule. In the book.[/quote']

At the risk of defending the troll, I treat those as separate issues. It is possible to be "book legal" without consulting the GM, simply by avoiding any construction which explicitly requires GM approval. Being book legal, being approved by the GM, and being a good character are three distinct (if related) things.

Well, you do need to know the point level, general campaign limits, and whatnot. You do have the get the GM's input on those, or you can't even start writing up the character. But that's not what I'm talking about.

page 543 of 5ER contains a sidebar, titled, "Eight Principles for Interpreting and Applying the Hero System Rules." Guideline three:

Just because something isn't explicitly forbidden doesn't mean it's allowed: No game designer could think of every possible permutations' date=' combination, interpretation, or use of the [i']Hero System[/i] rules, so situations may arise in your game that the creators of these rules didn't foresee. While it's usually safe to assume that something which isn't forbidden is allowed, the final decision is always up to the GM. If he doesn't want to interpret or use the rules the way you want to, his decision governs.

Guest bblackmoor

page 543 of 5ER contains a sidebar' date=' titled, "Eight Principles for Interpreting and Applying the Hero System Rules." Guideline three:[/quote']

Yes, and that is what falls under "being approved by the GM".

Don't let the troll push you into defending a silly position: you know that being "book legal" and being "GM approved" are different things. We've all created legal characters that weren't appropriate for a given game, and I'm sure most of us have created "illegal" character that were approved. It's quite possible to be one without being the other.

Hahaha, and to say someone said that I was a powergamer. Thank Hugh for making it clear what my character is supposed to be to those who have a hard time reading and camplains that my character is either useless, weak, not good in combats, etc. :D How many times must I sa it, she is a spy not a freaking hack'n'slasher like most heroes you guys have made probably.

OK, you use Powergamer in a D&D context.

in the HERO community there are several different categories of Powergamer/Munchkin.

What you risk being accused of is called Min-Maxing.

That is to say, trying to spend the Minimum number of points for the Maximum effect. This is acheived by heaping lots of limitations on your characters powers that don't really limit the character (which is against the rules), and by making her almost worthless outside of her Hero ID. I see you decided to lower STR, DEX and Body to 8. PRAY you never get attacked out of your hero ID... which should happen around once every 4th or 5th game, at the minimum, in order to justify the points you saved

Dodging is a skill, not something that adds to your defense like armour, it's the silliest thing I ever saw in a rpg, you either dodge the attack or you don't, it's not the attacking player's attack roll that determines this, it only influences the difficulty of the dodge because the dodge occurs in general afte the attack is launched duh, in the hero system, you dodge BEFORE the attack is launcched *in the system not what you declare if you look at the system's interpretation*.

NO, dodging decreases the chance that an attacker will hit you. Does nothing in terms of adding to your defences. You don't seem to get that. And in this system, you don't HAVE to dodge before you are attacked, but you CAN. Or you can wait till you have been attacked then Abort to Dodge.

If you were standing out on the street and a gangster pulled out an uzi and pointed it at you, would you wait till hes fired to try and "dodge" the bullets?

If you try and jump behind the nearest big solid and hopefully bulletproof object, then you are Diving for Cover.

If you don't have anything big and solid to hide behiond, so you try and duck and weave and make yourself hard to hit, you are Dodging.

If you wait till he has aimed at you and pulled the trigger, you will be perforated unless hes a lousy shot.. because those bullets are moving faster than the speed of sound, and you can't.

Thats how it works in the game, and in the real world.

If you want to be able to Dodge his shots after he's pulled the trigger, buy Missile Deflection with the Special Effect that you have super reflexes and can dodge bullets.

Thanks for the clarifications on the increases fo the defence, could make some sense, and fortunate that you have some rules that reduce your DCV when faced against multiple opponents at the same time.

My power defense is only active when she changes into he heroic form, to change into her heroic form, she absolutely needs her staff, so at some point, the staff would reduce the power but not as much as the powers on the staff itself which of course requires that I wield the staff all the time to use them. So that is how its suppose to work for that power. Pretty much like a spell component that never disappears, you need it to use the spell but you don't need it to maintain it.

I was really trying to give Greywolf the benefit of the doubt. We were all new and hotheaded at one time' date=' but now I am seriously smelling Troll...and possibly sock puppet.[/quote']

Seems likely, note the leading tone of the "ACV"/DCV bit.

Or could just be very young, I guess.

For your information' date=' I'm DM/Player for over 16 years, when I make a game session I spend and average of 2 hours per day for two weeks or so and I spend over 100 hours to make a campaign, I'm experienced and can't tolerate those crappy games where you roll dices to decide everything showing how inexperienced a DM one is.[/quote']

that's nice. I've know GMs who've "GMed" for nearly 20 years and still suck eggs. We'll move on...

I left DnD behind after the 4th year because it made no sense' date=' so stop saying stupid things, all I ask is you stop bugging me with the DM crap, I'll talk to him in when I'm done making the character according to rules which I know little of since I don't have the core book only read the sidekick and the Designer "manual". So could you please stop annoying me and make me do some harsh posts like I did earlier?[/quote']

We're not going to stop asking "stupid" things because

1) We don't consider them stupid.

2) The GM is the ultimate Rule as far as we're concerned.

I do that when people don't read my posts' date=' and I have written it clear and simple, I'll explain it to those who are still in kindergarden or something: [b']"I don't want my DM's opinion NOW, that will be LATER, all I want is to see if my character is okay according to the rules in the BOOK. And common sense also ;) "[/b] now is that clear enough for you? Not talking about those who have actually read that and actually understood what I meant and stop bugging me about it of course, thank you to these guys :) .

Last time: Book "legal" does not equal game permissable.

a freaking hack'n'slasher like most heroes you guys have made probably.

don't presume to know how we would make a character. this is an insulting statement - you'll find we have little tolerance for it.

your suggestions for attack rolls and defense rolls are simple ones which is almost identical to DnD 3.5 basically' date=' you add your to hit bonus to your roll and compare to AC lol. I would completely remove that abstract thing, and put active defense rolls, it's silly to say that I am jumping into a man hole to avoid being blasted, I have 8 of speed and 40 of dex and the one blasting me has only 4 of speed and 20 of dex and manages to hit me nonetheless because of some abstract number, like you said, what happened to the spiderman, flash, and such dodging all the time people who are much slower than they are? The DCV and ACV is a really bad thing that makes this game system a lesser thing that it could be with defense skills and attack skills instead of an abstract value that comes from barely somewhere and that somewhere is abstract too hehe. I would like to see someone declare he is attacking dude A, then dude A rolls his defense and then the attacker rolls to see if he hit the guy, if the roll is good enough to hit the guy even if he has successfuly rolled his dodge skill, which would be much more difficult than the stupid +3 DCV which make little difference when you have super hero combat skills in Hero.

Speed is how often you go, DEX is how "fast" you are. DEX40 has a DCV of 13, DEX20 has an OCV of 7. Plugging in the magic formula (11+7-13) you need to roll a 5 or less to hit. I don't have the percentage table but that's a very very very low chance of hitting. I'd say the game is simulating that concept rather well. +3 can make all the difference in the world.

ACV - It's OCV, thanks.

HERO has something D&D doesnt: Defenses. Let's say you do hit someone, there's still a chance you do no damage to them. In D20 if you do hit, you ALWAYS do damage. So HERO has two levels to the attack, hitting the opponent and overcoming the opponents defenses. In D20 the defenses add to the "Hitting" only, does nothing about damage mitigation. Apples and Oranges.

DCV is your ability to move out of the way, it's not your defenses/armor. Dodging adds to this ability.

Damage done is simulated by Defenses (PD, ED, etc...)

As to the "Diving into a manhole" or "behind a wall" what you're describing is callde a "Dive For Cover" maneuver and is different from the "Dodge" Maneuver. And if you dive appropriately you completely dodge the incoming attack. Read the combat rules, get the terms strait and you'll have an easier time of things. You're new to HERO so we don't expect you to know all that right off the bat. If I had my book on me I'd provide a page number, maybe someone else who does will be nice enough to do so.

And stop talking about my GM' date=' I'll worry about him when it is the time Hugh, I thought you understood that when I say later, means later.[/quote']

And I thought you understood it when we meant "No, the GM is an important aspect of the game for us, as well as background, context and special effects."

//Why can't you make characters that are not generic amd typical? This system is way to closeminded when it comes to create an original super hero. Can someone think of heroes beyond the generic crap that is out there like a fire guy' date=' ice guy, magic guy etc? I think it's just a lack of creativity hehe.//[/quote']

:lol: This is one of the most open systems you'll ever find. Flat out.

: "I repeat: The most important rule out of the book is that your GM gets final say on your character. Your GM sets the campaign limits' date=' your GM decides what specs the characters can be built under."[/quote']

I re-re-re-repeat: The DM will be for later, now I want to know if by the book it makes sense. Sheeshh!

The book is a set of guidelines, we can make "Book Lega" crap all day that would never ever be allowed into a game, Ever:

Welcome to the land of hurt - RKA: 1 pip; 0END, Persistent, Continuous, Uncontrolled, NND (Def=Resistent Smell Flash Defense); Does Body; No Range Modifiers, 10 Recoverable Charges lasting 1 Day each, Autofire: 5

I revised my character and reverted it to what it was before I made the transfer a "permanent" power. removed the conflicting limitations and such.

Also, if I want to make my images solid, how do you do that?

31 *Spectral touch 3d6, half end cost 2end

1)Images vs Touch Sense Group. Or a more unconventional method would a Summon.

2) 3D6 of WHAT? Energy Blast, Killing Attack, Drain? Looks like an EB but I don't know for sure.

part 2: (verbos aren't I?)

"I repeat: The most important rule out of the book is that your GM gets final say on your character. Your GM sets the campaign limits' date=' your GM decides what specs the characters can be built under."[/quote']

I re-re-re-repeat: The DM will be for later, now I want to know if by the book it makes sense. Sheeshh!

The book is a set of guidelines, we can make "Book Lega" crap all day that would never ever be allowed into a game, Ever:

Welcome to the land of hurt - RKA: 1 pip; 0END, Persistent, Continuous, Uncontrolled, NND (Def=Resistent Smell Flash Defense); Does Body; No Range Modifiers, 10 Recoverable Charges lasting 1 Day each, Autofire: 5

I revised my character and reverted it to what it was before I made the transfer a "permanent" power. removed the conflicting limitations and such.

Also, if I want to make my images solid, how do you do that?

31 *Spectral touch 3d6, half end cost 2end

1)Images vs Touch Sense Group. Or a more unconventional method would a Summon.

2) 3D6 of WHAT? Energy Blast, Killing Attack, Drain? Looks like an EB but I don't know for sure.

Yes, and that is what falls under "being approved by the GM".

Don't let the troll push you into defending a silly position: you know that being "book legal" and being "GM approved" are different things. We've all created legal characters that weren't appropriate for a given game, and I'm sure most of us have created "illegal" character that were approved. It's quite possible to be one without being the other.

I suspect I have a different definition than most people on the board.

To me, 'book legal' means 'it follows ALL the rules in the book, including the more flexible or interpretable ones.'

And I resent having my opinion called 'silly.'

It has to be killing attack. He has Reduced Endurance Cost but it costs 2 END. 3d6 Killing is 45 or 4 END Halved to 2 END. 3d6 EB or Ego would be 2 or 3 END respectively and both round down to 1 END.

...I don't have the core book only read the sidekick and the Designer "manual".

I do that when people don't read my posts, and I have written it clear and simple

OK, what I read here is "Read my posts. I can't be bothered to read the rules". The Troll theory is looking better and better.

Hey, read our posts - there are no DM's in Hero. There are only GM's

As many have pointed out, the BOOK requires your abilities and characters be approved by the GM to be LEGAL. I am interpreting "book legal" under your terms of reference to mean "this construct is legitimate unless the GM specifically disallows it" in order to have a basis to assess an answer to your question. Thus, if an ability "requires GM permission" or "should be scrutinized by the GM", I consider it to be "not book legal" below.

Hugh Neilson said: "Hopefully, that's what you're going for.

his role would be "reconnaissance" outside combat and "support player" in combat."

Thank Hugh for making it clear what my character is supposed to be to those who have a hard time reading

Good - that is what you're trying to achieve. Since you didn't bother telling us, we had to read your mind. My own Telepathy is limited to Line of Sight, so I couldn't read your mind over the Web. As you are not familiar with the rules, we don't know if you're getting that result intentionally or accidentally.

your suggestions for attack rolls and defense rolls are simple ones which is almost identical to DnD 3.5. I would completely remove that abstract thing' date=' and put active defense rolls[/quote']

In other words, I roll my chance to hit followed by you rolling your chance to dodge/parry/whatever.

[YODA VOICE]Basic Role Playing! You seek BASIC ROLE PLAYING!!![/YODA VOICE]

[aside: The old Chaosium system. Doubtless there are others like it.]

So, if I have a 50% chance to hit and your Dodge roll is 50%, we roll dice twice. Or I apply basic math and say "50% chance to hit x 50% chance any hit is dodged = 25% chance of landing a successful hit" and I only have to roll once.

it's silly to say that I am jumping into a man hole to avoid being blasted' date='[/quote']

If someone's blasting at me, diving into a man hole sounds like a good idea. Standing there and getting shot at sounds silly. To each his own, I suppose.

I have 8 of speed and 40 of dex and the one blasting me has only 4 of speed and 20 of dex and manages to hit me nonetheless because of some abstract number

Speed has nothing to do with chances to hit. It determines how often you can move. Nothing more, nothing less.

As someone else noted, 40 DEX = 13 DCV. 20 DEX = 7 OCV. The 20 DEX attacker needs a 5 or less to hit the 13 DCV defender. A 5 or less to hit is a 4.63% chance, slightly less than the odds of rolling a natural 20 in that system.

what happened to the spiderman' date=' flash, and such dodging all the time people who are much slower than they are?[/quote']

They have high DCV's making them difficult to hit, as seen above.

The DCV and ACV is a really bad thing that makes this game system a lesser thing that it could be with defense skills and attack skills instead of an abstract value that comes from barely somewhere

It's a game of heroic fiction. It can't be based on concrete (ie solid, real) things because (brace yourself for a shock - I hope you're sitting down)

THE GAME IS NOT REAL

My OCV based on Dexterity, modified for skill and situation, makes it easier for me to hit you. Your DCV, based on Dexterity, modified for skill and situation, makes it harder for me to hit you.

I would like to see someone declare he is attacking dude A' date=' then dude A rolls his defense and then the attacker rolls to see if he hit the guy, if the roll is good enough to hit the guy even if he has successfuly rolled his dodge skill[/quote']

Such as "I rolled 11 + OCV = 19."

"I botched my dodge - I rolled a 4 + 9 = 13. You hit."

which would be much more difficult than the stupid +3 DCV which make little difference when you have super hero combat skills in Hero.

If you have a 14 OCV and I have a 14 DCV, you will hit on 11-, 62.5% of the time. If I dodge, my DCV rises to 17 and you need an 8 or less, hitting 25.93% of the time. To me, that 3 DCV makes a pretty substantial difference.

If I'm good at dodging, I may have the Martial Dodge maneuver, or 2 levels with DCV. You now need a 6 or less to hit (9.26% chance). That's a pretty big difference too.

I suspect you are used to "flat" rolls, such as 1d20 or 1-100. The 3d6 used by Hero results in a bell curve, where small modifiers make a big difference.

You say we wouldn't see super heroes that dodges everything like spiderman and such' date=' but on the contrary, we would see them more[/quote']

Going back to your 40 DEX vs 20 DEX example, one attacker hist Spidey only 4.63% of the time. Spidey's DCV is halved, from 13 to 7, against all others in your system, and he is hit by 62.5% of those shots. When the remnants of this character have been hosed off the tarmac, your next character will not rely on getting out of the way for defense.

The only real difference I see between your proposed system and the system as it stands is that you want a "standalone" dodge, such that, no matter how accurate the attacker, the defender has the same chance to dodge. I don't like that aproach as a default. For a specific rule mechanic that operates similar to that approach, look at Dive for Cover.

if the character hits you' date=' he hits you, even if you went behind a wall, duck behind a car, jump into a manhole, etc[/quote']

As others have mentioned, and as cited above, there is a maneuver called "dive for cover". If that puts a wall between you and him, his attack needs to get through the wall to harm you. Plus, his OCV suffers substantial penalties since he can't see you through the wall to target you.

this is just you agility and how fast you are not how good you are at dodging or parrying or blocking blows.

Once more, "dodge" means "getting out of the way", which is what agile characters do. Block/parry is a separate maneuver which you could also choose to use. You could also purchase levels in Dodge to indicate that you are better at dodging. I can purchase levels with OCV to indicate I am beter at trackinmg your erratic movements and connecting despite your dodging.

Taking a leaf from your posts, READ and UNDERSTAND the rules before launching into a critique.

The difference between Hero and, say, Basic Role Playing, is that you have your passive defense (DCV) which is "how hard you are to hit while still able to act normally", and active defense (actively avoiding attacks to the exclusion of other actions = Dodge; block blows/parry = Block). You have choices.

Dodging is a skill' date=' not something that adds to your defense like armour, it's the silliest thing I ever saw in a rpg, you either dodge the attack or you don't[/quote']

And, in Hero, you are either hit or you are not. DCV has nothing to do with defenses. Defenses are applied after you are hit to reduce damage taken. If I have a DCV of 2 and Defenses of 150, you will hit every time and never do damage. Unlike D&D, Hero separates the "did I hit" component from the "did my hit do any damage" component. D&D blends the two into "did I connect and did I penetrate the opponent's armor/tough hide/what have you".

it's not the attacking player's attack roll that determines this' date=' it only influences the difficulty of the dodge because the dodge occurs in general afte the attack is launched[/quote']

Once more, like many systems, Hero sets a standard modifier, rather than a roll, for "basic defense". Replace the standard modifier (ie starting with 11- to hit) with a roll (ie adding 3d6 to your DCV) and you get a roll for both attacker and defender.

duh' date=' in the hero system, you dodge BEFORE the attack is launcched *in the system not what you declare if you look at the system's interpretation*.[/quote']

No, you make the decision to focus on staying out of the way. You do not wait until the bank robber fires his gun to get out of the way of his bullet. You take evasive action in your spacecraft up front, not when the enemy fires a laser beam at you. This isn't hard...more support for the "troll" theory.

So if I had a permanent transfer on me that affect people all the time in a area of effect then the effects would be visible on them but they would not see me nor where it comes from. I hope it clarifies the invisibility power for those who have a hard time with what is invisibility.

This is not how the Hero rules work. Consider reading them. If you want the attack to be invisible, you must pay for an advantage on the attack. Otherwise, it is detectable to three sense groups (normally sight, hearing + 1 one other). If you want the benefit of an undetectable attack while invisible, then the Hero System requires you to pay for this advantage.

Whether other powers are covered by personal invisibility depends on interpretation to some extent, although generally a power that only affects you personally will be covered by invisibility.

Because when I know a game system' date=' I know how to build a character, so it would only take me 2 hours to make a decent npc with a short background.[/quote']

And all you need is a balanced group of them, once a week or so, one for each character in the game. I see 10+ hours a week designing villains alone. For GM's who have a real life (ie a job), that's a major time commitment - and he hasn't even started to write a scenario (or, at least, a scenario where combat is not the primary, or even only, occurence - such that your character gets an opportunity to shine, not be a bit player throughout), or read over your character.

Also' date=' if I want to make my images solid, how do you do that?[/quote']

You'll hear the term "reasoning from effect" around here a lot. What do you want them to accomplish by being solid? Simple tactile sensation is accomplished by adding the "Touch" sense group. Blocking movement would be a Force Wall or Entangle. Inflicting damage would be an attack. Bringing an actual, solid being into existence would be a Summon.

I don't think it's worth even half the cost they are charging' date=' but that's only me, who cares... :[/quote']

I write my characters in Excel, so I don't use HD at all. But I own, and have read, the rules. That makes it a lot easier to build a character without software to do so.

The stats are similar:

(normal/HID)

str 8/30

dex 10/30

con 8/30

bod 8/30

int 23

ego 10/15

pre 10/30

com 12

pd 2/10

ed 2/10

spd 2/6

rec 4/10

end 16/40

stn 16/40

36 skill points in skills from background, they come from somewhere

I don't see enough to evaluate most of the cost, but Hero Designer should get it right.

As others have noted, you should probably have a backup character ready, as this one will be short-lived if attacked outside hero ID. And OIHID is only limiting if the character is occasionally caught outside hero ID.

I think the stats should have OIHID with the staff as a Focus on transformation only for half the value of the limitation of the staff' date=' so instead of being -1 it would be -1/2, I think my GM wont argue with that[/quote']

By the book, you get the Focus limitation ONLY if the ability requires the ongoing presence of the Focus to be available. Requiring the focus to assume Hero ID is a classic example of OIHID. It is limited because you are denied your powers if your Focus is unavailable when you wish to change forms.

Your GM should allow the -1/4 OIHID and no further limitation for the focus. BY THE BOOK.

[NOTE: An Inobvious Inaccessible focus is required to be present throughout use of your powers, and is also a -1/4 limitation. I think needing a focus only at "power up" clearly should not generate a greater point savings.]

These are powers that comes from her mutant genes. Death Powers*

Elemental, 62pts pool, "mutant powers"

The acceptability of any EC is dependent on a tight special effect. By the books, I would disallow "mutant powers". I would consider "death powers" as a special effect with a writeup of the specific relationship. Absent such GM approval (as required by the book), NOT BOOK LEGAL

If this is a Multipower, that issue, as well as the "minimum 62 AP for each power" goes away, but the maximum AP will equal the pool. It looks like this is an EC.

*Spectral touch 3d6' date=' half end cost 2end[/quote']

Presumably, you mean 3d6 Transfer. Without knowing what is transferred to what, I have no idea whether I would accept this in the EC. That's not a 62 active point power, it's a 56 active point power. NOT BOOK LEGAL By GM judgement, I would allow a 3d6+1 Transfer for 50 x 1.25 = 62 AP, but I believe this would also be NOT BOOK LEGAL

*Ethereal Shape Desolidification' date=' cost only to activate, used on others [/font']5 end

NOT BOOK LEGAL as this is a 40 point power with +1/2 advantages, and thus only 60 AP. It needs to be 62 based on your EC description.

You also have not defined the relatively common effect to which you remain vulnerable, so it's NOT BOOK LEGAL.

RULES ISSUE: The +1/4 advantage "usable by others" means you can bestow this power on one person at any one time. That person can be yourself, but you could not, for example, turn yourself and a teammate desolid at the same time. It's book legal, I just want to be sure you understahd what this does precisely.

I would consider "Desolid" a legitimate Ghost/Death power. I would not, however, consider the ability to turn others desolid to fit the EC.

*Shroud Darkness 5" to sight group' date=' personal immunity[/quote']

Not sure I would consider this a "death/ghost" power.

Multipower, unbreakable, 46pts pool, obvious, magical powers

I'm assuming Obvious Accessible focus here. You need to state that, but you will have done so in HD.

**Staff Damage 6d6, hand to hand, no end

**Night Wings 16", position shift, cost only end to activate, 62pts 4end

NOT BOOK LEGAL: 46 point pool means no more than 46 AP in any power. This power has 62 AP.

NOT BOOK LEGAL: GM's should carefully evaluate "costs END only to activate" for powers other than Body-Affecting powers, so requires GM permission.

**Dark Illusions 1" size' date=' to normal sight, hearing and touch, 4end [/font']+/- 2 PER, mobile, end only to activate

NOT BOOK LEGAL - AP too high for multipower pool, plus the same "end only to activate" issue as for Flight

2 **Invisibility [/i]Invisibility to sight' date=' hearing, smell, and radio groups, [/font']5end, as well as detect, no fringe

Again, too many AP for a 46 point multipower pool. NOT BOOK LEGAL

Blanket Invisibility to Detect is also NOT BOOK LEGAL

Best solution overall is to raise the pool as most of your powers exceed it.

Powers coming from her heroic ID when she uses the staff to transform.

Special sound and visual effect of a dark sphere and energies

"OIHID" - OK. No further Focus limitation applies so NOT BOOK LEGAL A focus must be removable, and the powers it grants go away when it is removed.

99 Statistic change +22 str' date=' +20 dex, +12 con, +7 bod, + 5 ego, + 20 pre, [/font']+2 speed, +4 PD, +6 ED, OIHID, need staff to activate, costs 2 end, reverts to normal self within an hour or dawn whichever comes first.

10 Leaping +12" total 18", OIHID, staff required to activate only 2end

7 Running +6" total 12", OIHID, staff required to activate only 1end

9 Power Defense 20pts, OIHID, staff required to activate only

No issues here other than the cost issue areising from the Focus/OIHID combination (s/b -1/4; you obviously have a much larger limitation applied).

SKIRTING THE RULES: Large Power Defense mitigates a primary drawback of an EC, so many GM's will not allow it.

CURIOSITY: I wonder whether your GM posts or lurks here...if so, he should have an easy time reviewing your character.

Greywolf2001ca,

It seems as if you do not really find some of the basic concepts of the Hero System to your liking.

Based on your posts, here is a game system that you may find more suitable:

http://philippe.tromeur.free.fr/hybrid.htm

It is quite good at handling things in a more detailed way than Hero, and you may find the author's style more engaging as well.

Best wishes,

Hal Owen.

Greywolf2001ca,

It seems as if you do not really find some of the basic concepts of the Hero System to your liking.

It is quite good at handling things in a more detailed way than Hero, and you may find the author's style more engaging as well.

Best wishes,

Hal Owen.

Oh

My

Stars

And

Garters.

where's my flamethrower when I really, really need it.

Yeah... That looks like a GREAT alternative to HERO for the right sort of person.

repped

I'm sorry people, but I just can't let that go by without a warning.

Greywolf2001ca, even though more & more I'm suspecting you're doing nothing but trolling, I can't let you go there unadvised. Stay away from the link that Hal posted. Really. That advice is for your own good.

(Or will this warning end up being of the "don't shove a bean up your nose" variety?)

Greywolf2001ca,

Best wishes,

Hal Owen.

That was funny, and I considered that system, oddly enough, as well, in relation to the situation. By the way, I already repped you too recently, apparently.

Rule # 550: There are 5 parts to this rule. Based on my Rule # 3 & Rule # 6' date=' this: {(0,0) END} is a human, usually a male human, at least in this rpg HYBRID, since women are too complicated to make in my rpg, since creating women in my rpg requires politically incorrect math, but to return to what I was saying before I digressed, is as follows[/quote']

ow .. ow ow ow... brain hurting ... ow ... make it stop! the pain! the absolute terror ... ow ow ow ... excuse me I have to go cleanse my brain with lye.........