Train, Train

Steve Long

Re: Train, Train

Anyone have any good maps or diagrams of Pulp-era train cars? I've got a couple of crude sources' date=' but I figured maybe Herodom Assembled could point me in the direction of something better.[/quote']

Sorry, I don't but another fun bit might be the "flying Clippers"

I had a "time Life book" on them and it had some great cut away drawings, but my brothers Lab puppy ate it.

I do have some info on trains from the era, I can bundle together the relevant files and send them to you if you would like. I also have done some work on a Pullman car thus far, but I wasn't entirely happy with it.

"Car01" is one of the images I have done, the other file is from a website somewhere, but the details are rather poor and it looks... ugly.

This summer I rode a passenger coach from '23 or '24. It was a single, long cabin with bench seats on either side of the central aisle. The interesting part was the design of the seat backs, which were hinged to flip from one side of the seat to the other, changing the way the benches faced. This was so that no matter which direction the coach travels, the benches could be flipped to face forward.

Sorry, I don't but another fun bit might be the "flying Clippers"

I had a "time Life book" on them and it had some great cut away drawings, but my brothers Lab puppy ate it.

Labs will eat *anything*....

For flying boat plans, a good place to look is the Seawings site:

http://www.seawings.co.uk/

Cheers

Alistair

there is only so many ways you can configure a rail car
Interestingly enough not so when you look at the variations out there. The difference between the parlor car and the sleeper car for instance is quite large. Placement of different kinds of seats and seat arrangements, any extra rooms (ladies powder room, men's dressing rooms) etc. makes a huge difference. If you are doing something very basic, yeah it's a box with seats in it, but if you are trying to make it right there are a lot of little details to work in. I have found the trains to be very frustrating because they are so narrow.

Labs will eat *anything*....

For flying boat plans, a good place to look is the Seawings site:

http://www.seawings.co.uk/

Cheers

Alistair

That's an awesome site! Any chance that someone knows where I can find some floor plans for some of these planes? :)

• 2 weeks later...