Immunity to vampirism?

Badger

Jost an idea that popped into my head and decided to figure out. I was thinking this might be a convenient immunity for a vampire hunter to have. (probably via mutation or magic)

Mainly I was thinking of the possiblity when slicing and dicing through vampires with all the splatter, that somehow the hunter might accidently ingest it (by getting vampire blood on face and lips and ingesting accidently or getting open wound in contact with vampire blood)

I was wondering how much such an immunity should be worth? Out of curiousity.

Re: Immunity to vampirism?

Jost an idea that popped into my head and decided to figure out. I was thinking this might be a convenient immunity for a vampire hunter to have. (probably via mutation or magic)

Mainly I was thinking of the possiblity when slicing and dicing through vampires with all the splatter, that somehow the hunter might accidently ingest it (by getting vampire blood on face and lips and ingesting accidently or getting open wound in contact with vampire blood)

I think that would depend on how much you feel it is worth in your campaign.

Could be as simple as Immunity to Disease (Vampirism) (5 points, not positive on the point worth for a single deadly disease. I don't have my book near me at them moment)

Or it could require a fairly high Power Defense with the limitation (Only vs. transformation into Vampire -1 or -1 1/2 depending on how often it comes up inyour campaign)

How do you cover the transformation? Transform? SFX?

TB

I think that if vampires were recurring or the focus of the campaign, it probably would be worth 10 points. If it is a standard superhero campaign where vampires tend to be few and far between, it would probably be worth about 3 points. But then, that's my WAG at it, and the official line mileage may vary. :)

Matt "The-Guestimator" Frisbee

Or it could require a fairly high Power Defense with the limitation (Only vs. transformation into Vampire -1 or -1 1/2 depending on how often it comes up inyour campaign)

I'd go with this option. I have vamps in my game and the "infection" is bought as a transform. I had one npc with an immunity through a serum she took. it was Power Def, only vs transform into vampire (-1), must drink serum daily(-1).

Obviously, however you opt to do it is up to you, and will ultimately be determined by what works best for you.

That being said,

I would have to suggest that you first stat-out a vampire as such a thing that might be in your campaign.

What is vampirism in your campaign?

What does it entail?

How is it spread?

In short, is it done through Drains, Mind Controls, T-forms, or some combination of all of the above? Or maybe from ten other powers?

Depending on what makes a vampire in your world, you might be looking at an Aid or simple Power Defense or even a new listing of Life Support to make a character 'immune' to vampirism.

In order to know what should be the defense, you must first decide exactly what it is you are defending against.

In P. N. Elrod's two vampire series it is explicit that most people _are_ immune to vampirism. The vampire can drink your blood repeatedly, you can drink his repeatedly, and yet at death most people will NOT rise as vampires. There's no way to tell until then whether you're one of the lucky (or unlucky) few. Vampire reproduction is no more certain than human reproduction.

This doesn't mean, of course, that you can't be hypnotized by the vampire's gaze or sucked dry or tossed around like a child's toy....