[Character] Sophia of Abyzinia

Super Squirrel

A slightly more legible version of the character can be found here:

http://aldaric.org/va/sophia.html

[b]Sophia of Abyzinia - [/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
8    STR     0   8      11-       HTH Damage 1 1/2d6  END [2]
11    DEX     9   11      11-       OCV 4 DCV 4
10    CON     4   10      11-
10    BODY    4   10      11-
10    INT     2   10      11-       PER Roll 11-
23    EGO     36   23      14-       ECV: 8
13    PRE     5   13      12-       PRE Attack: 2 1/2d6
10    COM     1   10      11-
2    PD      0   2             2 PD (0 rPD)
2    ED      0   2             2 ED (0 rED)
2    SPD     0   2                 Phases:  6, 12
4    REC     0   4
20    END     0   20
19    STUN    0   19
6    RUN      0   6"                END [1]
2    SWIM     0   2"                END [1]
2    LEAP     0   1 1/2"                1 1/2" forward, 0 1/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 61[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
17     [b][i]Necromancy Summon[/i][/b]: Summon 200-point creatures, Any Supernatural Being Limited Group (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Extra Time (5 Minutes, Character May Take No Other Actions, -1), Gestures (Requires Gestures throughout; -1/2), Incantations (Requires Incantations throughout; -1/2), Requires A Necromancy Roll (-1/2) - END=6
13     Endurance Reserve  (100 END, 20 REC) Reserve:  (30 Active Points); REC:  (20 Active Points); Limited Recovery (-2), Slow Recovery 1 Hour (-2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; -1) - END=0
17     Multipower, 60-point reserve,  (60 Active Points); all slots Extra Time (5 Minutes, -1), Gestures (Requires Gestures throughout; -1/2), Incantations (Requires Incantations throughout; -1/2), Requires A Necromancy Roll (-1/2) - END=
3m     1)  [b][i]Animate Body[/i][/b]: Summon x4 Creatures, Skeletons or Zombies (+1/4) (57 Active Points); Must Have Bones or Body Available (-1), Extra Time (5 Minutes, -1), Gestures (Requires Gestures throughout; -1/2), Incantations (Requires Incantations throughout; -1/2), Requires A Necromancy Roll (-1/2) - END=6
3m     2)  [b][i]A Touch of Fear[/i][/b]: Drain PRE 4d6, Ranged (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Extra Time (5 Minutes, -1), Gestures (Requires Gestures throughout; -1/2), Incantations (Requires Incantations throughout; -1/2), Requires A Necromancy Roll (-1/2) - END=6
1u     3)  [b][i]Possess the Living[/i][/b]: Mind Control 9d6, Telepathic (+1/4) (56 Active Points); Extra Time (5 Minutes, -1), Set Effect (controls physical actions only) (-1/2), Gestures (Requires Gestures throughout; -1/2), Incantations (Requires Incantations throughout; -1/2), Requires A Necromancy Roll (-1/2) - END=6
2u     4)  [b][i]Voices of the Dead[/i][/b]: Hearing Group Images 1" radius, +/-8 to PER Roll, Increased Size (16" Radius) (+1) (58 Active Points); Extra Time (5 Minutes, -1), Gestures (Requires Gestures throughout; -1/2), Incantations (Requires Incantations throughout; -1/2), Requires A Necromancy Roll (-1/2) - END=6

[b]POWERS Cost: 56[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
12      +3 PSL vs. Time Modifier to Necromancy
3      Bribery 12-
2      KS: Necromancy 11-
3      Necromancy 14-
3      Oratory 12-
3      Seduction 12-
3      Trading 12-
1      WF:  Bows

[b]SKILLS Cost: 30[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
2      Supernatural Pact [Notes: +2 with Summoning Named "Knower of Secrets"]

[b]PERKS Cost: 2[/b]

[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
0     Normal Characteristic Maxima
10     Distinctive Features:  Scars on Face Concealable, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses
15     Hunted:  Abyzinian To Be Determined As Powerful, NCI, 8- (Occasionally), Harshly Punish
20     Hunted:  Sommal Lisiria More Powerful, NCI, Limited Geographical Area, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, 14- (Very Frequently), Watching
15     Psychological Limitation:  Recklass Common, Strong
5     Reputation:  Sorcerer, Sometimes (8-)
10     Social Limitation:  Outlander Frequently (11-), Minor

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 75[/b]

Base Pts: 75
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 149

Sophia is the first of three players for my Valdorian Age campaign. Because the player is new to the system and the campaign setting, we haven't worked out all of the details to her background yet. However, Eowyn is around here somewhere and might add in some details.

Sophia's family came to the city of Elweir 18 years ago from Abyzinia when the Witch-Queen came to power. Either through the family's influence, wealth, or some other means, they managed to convince the necromancer Sommal Lisiria to take Sophia into his tutelage. At the time of the game's start, Sophia's mentor has finished teaching her.

Re: [Character] Sophia of Abyzinia

Woohoo, it's my character sheet!!

I've been trying to think into detail about poor Sophia here, but I'm a bit uneasy because I'm so unfamilar with the system.

I do know that she is a bit reckless, does things without thinking things through all the way, and she is a bit naive about things outside of the city.

Definitely a good start . . .

There's a questionnaire for new characters around here somewhere. I won't overwhelm you by throwing that at you, but I will give you a few sample questions:

Family? Friends? Upbringing? etc.

Yeah, it's okay to make people up. In fact, it's encouraged. Josh can help you fit all this into the setting.

Definitely a good start . . .

There's a questionnaire for new characters around here somewhere. I won't overwhelm you by throwing that at you, but I will give you a few sample questions:

Family? Friends? Upbringing? etc.

Yeah, it's okay to make people up. In fact, it's encouraged. Josh can help you fit all this into the setting.

I'll have to think about it...

I do know that she doesn't have any friends, probably not much in the way of family. Probably that's why she'll be willing to hook up with the other party members.

Oh' date=' right - the most important question of them all: Why is your character interested in adventuring?[/quote']

I'll have to come up with an answer when I'm less tired... I'll have to write her a backstory tommorrow at work...

Based on the character sheet, my questions for your character are:

How did you get your scars?

Why/How do you have a pact with this particular Knower of Secrets?

Your parents left Abzyinia 18 years ago, how old is your character now and do you remember anything from Abzyinia?

Less important are:

How did you come to learn the Bow?

How did you get so good at bribery?

Typically character sheets have five sections on them. You aren't required to write these but you are welcome to if you want at some point in time. These sections are:

• Background/History - Ye Old Character Background
  • Personality/Motivation - Self Explainatory
  • Quote - A Quote from the Character
  • Powers/Tactics - What powers do the character possess and how do they use them?
  • Appearance - What does your character look like?

There is another section called "Campaign Use" but that is mostly for NPC characters.

I noticed a mistake with the character sheet. Two actually.

The PSL for Time Modifier to offset summoning is 1 1/2 points per +1 not 2 as I was calculating it originally.

The PSL for improved Animate Corpse was an illegal power design.

I resolved it by changing the PSL for Time Modifier vs all Necromancy and putting the lost points from the Animate Corpse into it. Overall the character improved because of it.

For crying out loud! :mad:

Great character for a necromancer. Allthough a little bare boned. Go for summoning skeletons instead of zombies they are dead hard and easier to hide. Also remember to use your skeletons vs sword wielders while the rest of the group takes care of the enemies who use clubs and other blunt weapons.

For crying out loud! :mad:

Great character for a necromancer. Allthough a little bare boned. Go for summoning skeletons instead of zombies they are dead hard and easier to hide. Also remember to use your skeletons vs sword wielders while the rest of the group takes care of the enemies who use clubs and other blunt weapons.

Thanks.... she's a bit bare boned because I don't know the system at all.

I plan on having her carry around one skeleton in a bag. I took the spell so I could raise either so if they are fighting in a battle, she could possibly raise someone who just got killed.

I'm not sure what I'll do with the extra point... probably not on Com, since I don't feel the need to have a super hot character.