Armor 'Sets'

Jkeown

So... Its known that I play waaaay too much World of Warcraft, but the game has given me a few ideas.

In the game, we can acquire (through luck and skill) Sets of armor that provide a special bonus if all the pieces are worn at once.

Can a be purchased as several foci under the "Arrangement" rules? As in some kind of mythical "Must Have All Armor Pieces to Function" limitation?

I see it as a separate power bought as a whole other construct from the individual bits. Say, the helm and the chestplate have certain powers, but the two worn together do a third, unique function.

Is there a better way to create this effect? I personally think this is the simplest method.

Re: Armor 'Sets'

Multiple foci is discussed on page 295 of 5ER or page 190 of the original 5th Edition. It lists a few options for how to achieve the effects you are going for.

Watch out for brain farts on the part of Steve Long, et al. IIRC, FREd gives the example of a gauntlet-and-sword combo. The gauntlet is OIF, and the sword is OAF. Then is says that the power(s) granted when both are together must take the *lesser* of the two limitations - that is, the OIF. If you think about this for a minute, you'll see that it makes no sense:

Since the sword is an OAF, it's fairly easy to take away.

If the sword is taken away, the power of the sword/gauntlet combo doesn't work.

Therefore the power should be OAF, the greater of the two limitations.

Granted, if the power still works with only the gauntlet, then yes, it should be an OIF.

I don't know if this error was fixed in 5ER.