CoH groups you would use in your game?

Mr. R

Has anyone been inspired to use any of the CoH groups or individual mobs in your games?

Example:

I like the Sky Raiders. A high tech merc group with some neat toys and ties to the US government. Plus flying jetpacks are cool.

Also Zenith Hoverbots. I would take them from the Council and give them to the SR.

So anyone else have some favourites?

Re: CoH groups you would use in your game?

I haven't yet. But I'm waiting on the CoH RPG that's in production so I can steal the powers and backgrounds from them without having to sit in game and take notes on them all.

I love Dr. Vhazilok and his vomiting/exploding zombies, The Lost, and quite a few others. I know of at least 3 players in my group who would enjoy me running a CoH campaign (Because they've all played the online game) and at least one other who is a Superhero RPG fan.

I've been toying off and on with a concept derived from the Carnies. It allows for some of the mentalist forms but focusses more on thrown weapons, hand-to-hand and teamwork (and of course other skills which are not essential to CoH like lockpicking, etc.).

I have run a variation on the Trolls where a street gang gets hold of an experimental geno-toxin discarded by VIPER and uses it to become superhuman. The gang members become superhuman (I used Ogre's stats for them) but only for five minutes at a time. Each use of the geno-toxin causes 2D6 Penetrating Body Drain with a century-long return rate, giving these gang members about 3 uses before death. The hook was an NPCs son had joined a gang and now was terribly ill, while new super criminals were rampaging through the city hitting rival gangs instead of banks. The PCs had to stop the rampages and find the geno-toxin (to make an anti-toxin for the NPCs son) as well as facing the moral dillema of letting these bangers kill themselves on the stuff.

Yeah' date=' they are pretty much all good. I vaguely toyed with the idea of doing a CoH write up for HERO, but when I read they were putting out an RPG I figured they would not take kindly to me using their IP like that.[/quote']

BTW, both the RPG and the TCG look poorly done (and I am being polite here). Now before accusations of Herophile loyalism come about, let me say that I play HERO as well as D20 games and have played almost every TCG. These just look slapped together to capitalize on the success of the PC game. I always find it sad when companies sacrifice the quality of a product to capitalize on hype.

I'm not worried. I was just gonna buy it to save me the trouble of scribbling down in the middle of battles exactly which attacks which enemies made. If they can at least break that down, and include some background on each (to save me the trouble of encapsulating each one myself) then I'm still in.

Guest Suleyman Rashid

I've adapted the clockwork for my Golden Age campaign.

It was the wind-up keys in their backs that made me do it, I swear...