Nazi

nightbringer256

Re: Nazi

My TWO pulp groups are fighting COMRADE RADIUM. Russian communist mad scientist. He has WIERD Science and is threating the world. A nice alternative to the Nazis. Of course, I will have Nazis, they will even eventually wind up in a stituation of the players vs. Nazis vs. Communists. FUN.......

I haven't used nazis YET, but I will ! I also intend to use the Japanese, Italian and Soviet secret services and armies and , just possibly, a Vatican led conspiracy. This last should cause a goodly amount of angst for my Roman Catholic Priest/ Occult Detective character Father O'Malley ! Then there are the various ALLIED secret services (who said that the Americans or British HAVE to be the good guys ?) So far I have used a couple of Chinese Tongs, who will undoubtedly return and, as one of my PCs is a librarian I am sure that the Nazis (the Abwehr ?) are BOUND to be after some tome that she, or the above mentioned Occult Detective want to keep out of their hands. Then again another player is an ex gangster; I am sure that some of his ex "associates" have some sort of grudge against him. Only ONE of my players has given me a full background write up so far "Captain Black Jack Ferguson", my Australian ex naval captain but his four page write up has provided several useful plot hooks for future adventures. Now if the rest of my P C's do the same I will have no shortage of ideas for future sessions !

in my last Pulp game set 1932 the players had a run in with the KGB now by 1940 every KGB agent except one and agents in deep cover had been killed by Stalin!!!!!

So if you got a good job working for the KGB in the 1930 you where an unlucky man (you will get shot.) so therefore all KGB agents had 3 dice unluck.

Gave the organization color. (cannot rember what the name was-NKVD but this is true.)

Lord Ghee

'

My long-running Archangel campaign is in an Indiana Jones/Delta Green mode right now; their basic mission is to stop the nazis from getting too much kewl occult stuff. Their most recent exploit was arriving on the island of Helgoland just in time to prevent the SS from forming an alliance with the Deep Ones. (They also managed to steal a couple spanking new Bf-109's for the Western powers to examine.)

I haven't had them run into Nazis with weird powers yet - though they did have to fight a mountain full of Chinese sorcerors a while back. Of course, they've also spent the last few sessions right in 1936 Berlin (Olympics and all). The thing with Nazis is that they are a national organization (well, after 1933 anyway), so they can have all the goons and guns they want.

What power level/flavor of campaign are you looking for?

• 4 weeks later...

Jess Nevin's excellent pulp heroes page has a section on Geman pulp heroes.

I'm thinking of doing a write up of Sar Dubnotal, a kind of German Mandrake with an Indian persona.

Captain Mors looks very interesting for a Victorian era space campaign.

Sun Koh, a German Doc Savage with connections to Atlantis looks fantastic. Unfortunately I can't read German, so finding more info is tough, but that alone should be enough to do an interesting write up. I'll see if Google can get me through his web page.