Champions Battleground stories

Boll Weevil

I picked up Champions Battlegrounds at my local FLGS and I have to say bravo. The entire supplement is fantastic. The well ran dry years ago of gamers I played with and I probably won't get to run this amazing string of adventures, least not face-to-face. I'm curious to hear other's stories who have run Battlegrounds. What you ran, what you changed, how it ended...everything. I realize it will be impossible to tell the whole story without dropping some major spoilage so feel free to PM me.

Re: Champions Battleground stories

I use the soap opera 'To Save The World'. I make any of my players that catch at least one episode to roll 3d6. If they miss the roll, they become fans of the show. In my mind it is akin to seeing a bunch of hard core gang bangers walk into the door and then start talking about what is going on in 'The Days of our Lives'.

My players have fun with that. So when I do spring the adventure on them, some of them actually do have a reason to be there.

I ran the Fatal Attractions adventure. My PC's hated the roller coaster deathride. Ricochet, the one character with Demolitions skill failed his roll and he had to rip out the bomb. The wind rider energy projector and Arkelios my mentalist TK'ed the bomb out into the sky where it exploded harmlessly.

Has anyone used the locales for other scenarios or built on the scenarios from the book in interesting ways? It'd be nice to hear how GMs have gotten extra value out of this book.

One of my players began a Teen Champions campaign in september. The Mall has pretty much been the HQ of the pcs as well as the sight of most of the fights.