I just got Pulp Hero

starblaze

Re: I just got Pulp Hero

Major kudos for this one, Steve - this may well be the best game supplement I've ever bought! Certainly the best Hero supplement; and the only other that comes to mind to complete might be Delta Green.

If the other genre books hold up as well as this does, I may have to buy them all just for the reference (oh, my poor little bank account):cry:

Don't think of it as impoverishing your bank account -- think of it as vastly enriching your life. :hex:

That is true- there are lots worse ways to spend money (one reason I thank God I never developed a drinking or smoking or drug habit is that at least I have that much more money to spend on games!).:rockon:

I forgot to mention above that while you're waiting for Masterminds And Madmen and our other announced supplements to come out, we've got a bunch of great Pulp Hero adventures and other resources available in our Hero Plus Adventures line of $3-5 short scenarios. Check 'em out, you'll love 'em! :hex:

Pulp Hero just arrived in mailbox yesterday and I'm just floored by it. This supasses Dark Champions 4thed (gee, who wrote that one?) as the best gaming sourcebook I've ever bought. This thing has everything anybody could ever need. The historical section is fantastic, the slang list is great, the breakdown of genres, the use of old pulp covers (those are actual old pulp covers aren't they?). The attention to tiny details in a book that large is extraordinary (I laughed out loud at the description of Jack Benny's salary as "munificent" in the historical section). Pulp Hero is the total package.

Time to go strike fear into the hearts of sharpsters and lawbreakers everywhere! :hex:

(those are actual old pulp covers aren't they?)

Yup, sure are. We almost didn't get 'em, because of various communications hijinks, but it worked out really well in the end. In fact, if we'd known in advance how reasonably priced they'd be, we'd've used a lot more. But given how long it took to get them, it's just as well we didn't plan on that. ;)

Thanx for the kind words! Glad you're enjoying the book.

Major kudos for this one' date=' Steve - this may well be the best game supplement I've ever bought! [/quote']

Gotta agree with that one. I just got my copy last week too and I'm loving it. Last time I got this excited reading a game book, you might have to go all the way back to the original Morrow Project...

And the discussion of racism and sexism in the 20s & 30s alone puts Pulp Hero well above 99% of American History textbooks, most of which skip straight from "Lincoln freed the slaves..." straight to "...and then in the 1960s the civil right movement began." :thumbup:

bigdamnhero

“I was fine when existence had no meaning. Meaninglessness in a universe that has no meaning – that I get. But meaninglessness in a universe with meaning…what does that *mean*?â€

And if you like TMP' date=' hopefully you'll be equally as impressed whenever we get around to doing "Post-Apocalyptic Hero" (whatever the title might be). :hex: It's a genre I enjoy myself and am looking forward to delving into at some point.[/quote']

That's one of my favorite gaming genres too, ever since the original Gamma World. In fact, I was just looking at my old Morrow Project book the other day and getting itchy dice hands!

How far down the list is that one? (Or put another way, how long am I going to be stuck in anticipation mode?) :angst:

bigdamnhero

“If you're a prince, there's hope for every ape in Africa.â€

How far down the list is that one?

It isn't on the present schedule at all. It'll be one of many titles under consideration for the 2007 schedule, and certainly be on our second annual "what should next year's big book be?" survey that I'll post in January.

I expect it'll remain solidly in the second tier of vote-getters, but with last year's two solid front runners now out of the running, it'll be interesting to see how things shape up. But of course there are many other factors playing into our decision besides a survey that a couple of hundred people respond to. PAH has one thing solidly in its favor: it requires very little research to produce as compared to many (sub)genre books.