Has anyone statted up the Prince yet?

Funksaw

It has no practical purpose, but I'd like to see how the tiny prince and his starting-small-but-growing Katamari would be built under the HERO system...

And let's face it. A giant ball of garbage with it's own gravitational pull in Manhattan? You -know- the Justice League would be right -on- that. As in - stuck on it, like flies to flypaper.

And, hey, got a character with the Grow power that finds they really aren't of much use in missions that take place indoors, (unless "indoors" happens to include an airport hanger?)

Re: Has anyone statted up the Prince yet?

It's from a Japanese video game called Katamari Damacy. You can find out about it here, if you are interested. Basically the Prince is a character who rolls up big balls of loose objects in an attempt to make them large enough to build new stars, IIRC.

I only know about it because there was a running gag with it in

Shortpacked.

Keith "Helpy-Guy-san" Curtis

I would say the Katamari is an extraordinarily powerful Entangle with Sticky, AOE One Hex, Mobile and Personal Immunity. Simple as that. Sticky handles the growing aspect for you, AOE One Hex gives you a nice, fat starting Katamari, Mobile lets the Prince roll it around, and Personal Immunity, well, should be obvious.

I was shocked to see worldly individuals such as Killer Shrike and Keith Curtis unfamiliar with Katamari Damacy! Then I remembered it's sort of a cult video game thing and lots of HEROphiles are old men :)

I was shocked to see worldly individuals such as Killer Shrike and Keith Curtis unfamiliar with Katamari Damacy! Then I remembered it's sort of a cult video game thing and lots of HEROphiles are old men :)

Eh? What's that? Get off my lawn ya little creep! Can't you see I'm trying to play Centipede over here?

Keith "Now where are my quarters?" Curtis

Here I came to say that I'd put him at a 14- Song Writing... bizarrely +15 COM in the weird androgynous way he has... and a 20 point disadvantage, now bought off, of "Unpronoucable symbol as name." 10 Points Wealth, etc.

Then I realized I was one of those old men who don't play cult video games but still listen to things called "albums" (remember to have me tell you about 8-Tracks some day, sonny!) and remember when there was no other "Prince." :P

Wow... what a crappy 2000th post...:(

Actually, I was sorely tempted to ask the same thing. "The prince" and "the tiny prince" aren't exactly unique identifiers.

-Nate

When I see "tiny prince" I immediately think of "The Little Prince", by Antoine de Saint Exupéry, but that's just me.

Keith "Just wanted an excuse to type Antoine de Saint Exupéry" Curtis

That's what I thought he meant too at first. I just don't "get" anime, maybe it's age, maybe it's background, but I just don't find it all that interesting.

But "The Little Prince" would be an interesting character too.

When I see "tiny prince" I immediately think of "The Little Prince", by Antoine de Saint Exupéry, but that's just me.

Keith "Just wanted an excuse to type Antoine de Saint Exupéry" Curtis

Is there an excuse for typing that?

Lucius Alexander

Needs no excuse to type Palindromedary

That's what I thought he meant too at first. I just don't "get" anime, maybe it's age, maybe it's background, but I just don't find it all that interesting.

But "The Little Prince" would be an interesting character too.

A point - it's a video game, not Anime. And like many Japanese video games they appear to be complete non-sequitors.

RDU Neail: *I* thought your post was funny... take that as you will. :)

• 5 months later...

the "TK" holding power of the ball has to be more than entangle.

You can't buy enough dice of entangle to hold Godzilla and Raydeen forever.

My idea for the holding power is Ex-Dim move UAA,

and then a solid Image of what you zapped is left on the ball.

Advantages would be always on, personal immunity, mobile, sticky, area effect: any circular area.

Limitations would be:

"Capture" Size restricted by square root of total sizes already grabbed.

Knockback from new collisions can free old captures.

Area starts at one hex, grows as per square root of sizes of the captured objects.

symbol.gifPrince symbol.gif

Elemental Control: Purple Rain

Time Travel: to or from 1999

Vehicle: Corvette

Familiar Sidekick: Crying Dove

Headgear: Raspberry Beret

Follower: The Most Beautiful Girl in the World

Psych Disad: Delirious