Question for the gun-bunnies

Susano

Re: Question for the gun-bunnies

Here is what I came up with:

Mateba Model 2020: The Mateba is the class of handguns known as “automatic revolvers.†These weapons automatically **** the hammer and rotate the cylinder with with each round fired, and are known for having a very light recoil. They are also very accurate, and come with interchangeable barrels of different lengths, allowing the user to customize the pistol for specific uses. The disadvantage is in the complexity of the mechanism and the limited number of rounds available.

Mateba Model 2020: RKA 1 1/2d6 (25 Active Points); Beam (-1/4), 6 Charges (-3/4), OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4), STR Minimum (-1/4) (total cost: 10 points) plus +1 OCV, +1 versus Range Modifier (8 Active Points); OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4) (total cost: 3 points). Total cost: 13 points.

You have to be careful what you do with that hammer. I had to edit a post to avoid that particular 4-letter word. Just cocked is okay but drop the "ed" and it'll get filtered.

Pretty nice write-up for the gun. What did you set your STR Minimum at? My own thinking was to make the STR min on the Mateba two points lower than that of a handgun of similar caliber.

You have to be careful what you do with that hammer. I had to edit a post to avoid that particular 4-letter word. Just cocked is okay but drop the "ed" and it'll get filtered.

Pretty nice write-up for the gun. What did you set your STR Minimum at? My own thinking was to make the STR min on the Mateba two points lower than that of a handgun of similar caliber.

Haven't decided yet, but I like your suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Gun Bunnies, I have some questions too, how would you stat out a Accuracy International custom sniper rifle like the one Jack Bauer uses on Day 4? (Yes I am on total 24 kick, gearing up for Day 5)

Or his Heckler & Koch USP Compact?

I just use the closest thing I can find in the 5th and make a little better assuming that the guns have cooler names because they are indeed cooler guns. However, the USP Compact is a little weird and I'm not sure if I should use 9mm as a base or a 357.

Hey Gun Bunnies, I have some questions too, how would you stat out a Accuracy International custom sniper rifle like the one Jack Bauer uses on Day 4? (Yes I am on total 24 kick, gearing up for Day 5)

I just use the closest thing I can find in the 5th and make a little better assuming that the guns have cooler names because they are indeed cooler guns. However, the USP Compact is a little weird and I'm not sure if I should use 9mm as a base or a 357.

according to the H & K website the USP compact is available in 3 calibers ( 9x19mm, .40 S & W and .45 ACP ).

i don't watch 24 so i don't have a clue which he uses. which gov't agency is he with ?

There is only so much that can be done with a sniper rifle. Give it a +1 or 2 ocv, +2 Range Mod, Plus a telescopic sight.

As long as he sets and braces he should be able to hit at long range.

according to the H & K website the USP compact is available in 3 calibers ( 9x19mm, .40 S & W and .45 ACP ).

i don't watch 24 so i don't have a clue which he uses. which gov't agency is he with ?

The fictional one. Before that he was Delta Force and before that he was LAPD SWAT. He's also done work for the CIA.

Not familar with 24 either but the H&K USP Compact in .45 is in Dark Champions,for the 9mm or .40 versions you could base it on the appropriate Glocks. The AI is used by the British as the L96A1, which is also in DC. It is available in calibers other than .300 winmag, if he uses the 7.62 version you could use the stats for the M40 also in DC.

I don't use the stats in the 5th ed so any stats I gave you from my game would probably not be very useful to you.