Character: Red Sonya of Rogatino

Susano

Re: Character: Red Sonya of Rogatino

Im not familiar with the literary source character' date=' so I cant speak to the write ups accuracy, but I can say that I personally dont like Advantages applied to Martial Manuevers.[/quote']

It seemed to be the easiest way to create the effect I needed. Either that or give her a naked Advantage usable with any HKA up to 1d6+1.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the same thing' date=' but she's a heroic character and very athletic, so why no give her the extra +1 on her strength roll by hitting a break point?[/quote']

I've been thinking a 13 STR if only because REH characters tend to be strong. Certainly Valeria was... I wonder if Dark Agnes is stronger than normal?

I've been thinking a 13 STR if only because REH characters tend to be strong. Certainly Valeria was... I wonder if Dark Agnes is stronger than normal?

Well, STR 13 is a 297 pound dead lift according to the UB. That would be an exceptional lift for a 148 pound woman, but not reccord breaking; maybe state level contest winning if it's not a great field. Considering that she's a Howard heroine, I'd say it was appropriate.

Well' date=' STR 13 is a 297 pound dead lift according to the UB. That would be an exceptional lift for a 148 pound woman, but not reccord breaking; maybe state level contest winning if it's not a great field. Considering that she's a Howard heroine, I'd say it was appropriate.[/quote']

I just noted, the Red Sonya on my website does have a 13 STR.

Id also add that a 13 or even a 15 strength is appropriate for another reason. not just in the swinging of the sword but in the damage it does.

if she was just swinging the sword around id say it would be a matter of end. but shes swinging it and "cutting into a human ofttimes wearing armor. it is an difficult thing to do. even more so over the course of a long drawn out siege

Id also add that a 13 or even a 15 strength is appropriate for another reason. not just in the swinging of the sword but in the damage it does.

if she was just swinging the sword around id say it would be a matter of end. but shes swinging it and "cutting into a human ofttimes wearing armor. it is an difficult thing to do. even more so over the course of a long drawn out siege

That's why I gave her Deadly Blow. Let's her do more damage with her sword without pumping up her STR.

• 2 years later...

Don't know. Right now my list of possible REH conversions includes Breckinbridge Elkins, El Borak, Kull of Atlantis (in progress), Black Vulmea, Turlough Dubh O'Brien, Cormac Fitzgeoffry, Steve Harrison, Steve Costigan, and Anges de Chastillon.

• 4 weeks later...

So when are you going to do Gottfried von Kalmbach?

I'd like to add my vote for Gottfried von Kalmbach. Although he only appears in a single story, he's one of my favorite Howard characters.

I also can't wait to see what you do with Breck Elkins, Susano. I tried turning him into a Deadlands character once and failed so I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

I'd like to add my vote for Gottfried von Kalmbach. Although he only appears in a single story, he's one of my favorite Howard characters.

I also can't wait to see what you do with Breck Elkins, Susano. I tried turning him into a Deadlands character once and failed so I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

First I need to find some stories with him in them.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know. Right now my list of possible REH conversions includes Breckinbridge Elkins' date=' El Borak, Kull of Atlantis (in progress), Black Vulmea, Turlough Dubh O'Brien, Cormac Fitzgeoffry, Steve Harrison, Steve Costigan, and Anges de Chastillon.[/quote']

I'd liek to see Sailor Steve Costigan (who should be a killer boxer, have some entertaining Psych Lims, and have an incredibly low INT) and Dark Agnes, who could easily out-Sonja Red Sonja.

• 3 years later...

STR 16 - 20: Gottfried seems to have strength proportionate to his large size. 20 could be plausible - he did cut off an armored warrior's arm in one swipe.

DEX 15 - 19: Not heroically agile, but I get the idea that he's more mobile than his frame would suggest. His experience in Mohacs strengthens that impression, as well.

CON 18 - 20

BODY 12 - 15

natural PD 6 - 7

natural ED 5 - 7

Gottfried has fought through and survived at least three major battles: Rhodes, Mohacs, and Vienna.

INT 10

EGO ? : On one hand, his battle history suggests an above-average level of mental strength. On the other, he did get drawn into launching an ill-advised attack on the Turkish camp while drunk. There's at least one Complication, or something else, involved here.

PRE 11 - 17: Although he has an imposing physical aura, he doesn't seem to have honed it to assert himself at the level that Red Sonya does.

SPD 4

OCV 6 - 7

DCV 5 - 7

Possible skills

+1 with HTH combat

+2 with two-handed swords

I can't tell if the CSLs are too low or just right. Gottfried uses the great sword well. Speculating beyond that becomes difficult.

Thanks, that gives me a better frame for estimating Gottfried's abilities. So far, his physical ability levels resemble Bran Mak Morn's.

STR 18 - 20

DEX 15 - 18

CON 19 - 20

BODY 12 - 14

natural PD 6

natural ED 6

INT 10

EGO 12 - 14

PRE 11 - 15

SPD 4

OCV 6 - 7

DCV 6

REC 8

END 38 - 40

STUN 31 - 34

Other things that Gottfried could have are 12 - 13 Riding, as seen from the way he escaped his pursuers, and Poor Income.

• 3 weeks later...