sitting

Foxx!

Re: sitting

Only time I attacked a sitting target was outside of combat so they had a DCV of 0.

1/2DCV seems good for mechanics, though at least Prone you can roll around, scramble a bit etc... Sitting (and wanting to remain sitting - no diving off the chair) is pretty static and a 0DCV may be warranted unless they're in a wheelchair and trying to move about a bit.

I am reminded of martial arts movies I have seen, where the hero is sitting on the ground or in a chair and is able to fight pretty well by doing acrobatic moves and dodges, returning to a seated position at the end. A -2 DCV seems about right, rather than a 1/2 DCV Prone modifier, but it can be negated by a successful Acrobatics roll.

Heroes!

What Combat Modifiers do you use for a target who is sitting?

Cheers!

I consider sitting equal to prone with the same penalties. The main difference is the concealment modifiers against ranged attacks and that some possitions of sitting allow for standing up as a 0 Phase action (sitting up in a dining chair: 0 Phase to Stand, slouching in a recliner, 1/2 Phase to stand).