Yuletide travel powers

Phil

So, christmas presents. Stockings. Chimneys. All over the world.

15" Teleport (to/from rooms containing stockings or Santa-mobile)

Minor Transform (empty stocking to full stocking)

Cosmetic Transform (normal child to happy child)

Aid END (only for purposes of running around exuberantly and avoiding effects of sleep deprivation)

Mind you, even then, anyone attempting this sort of feat is going to need a speed of around 11,500 in order to reach a billion households. Might be looking for a megascale AoE here..... :celebrate

Re: Yuletide travel powers

Santa lives in another dimension where time passes much more slowly, which is how he can live so long but he had tachyon elves (which move at speeds inversely proportional to the local speed of light) to get all the toys ready. In fact, the rate of passage of time is inversely proportional to the size of the population here.

At Christmas, Santa doesn't come here and deliver all the presents, oh no. He has a UAA EDM which he uses on the entire planet.

Unfortunately, in Santa's dimension, we are all incredibly tired and sleepy, but don't get hungry or tired (due, possibly to the dimensional ether, or abundance of pixie dust in the amosphere), so we stack the zzzzzzs while he wanders around delivering all the presents, before sending us all back again. Occasionally an over-excited child will come somewehre near the surface of consciousness as Santa makes his delivery and that's the only reason we know about him at all. Due to the time differential almost no time has passed here at all.

Not quite sure how the UAA EDM is built but I'm pretty sure it involves megascale, transdimensional and a year's worth of extra activation time...

Merry Christmas :)

Santa lives in another dimension where time passes much more slowly' date=' which is how he can live so long but he had tachyon elves (which move at speeds inversely proportional to the local speed of light) to get all the toys ready.[/quote']

OK, that's just a wonderfully weird image.

Santa lives in another dimension where...

You know, I was just thinking a MegaArea AE Transform, but the EDM idea is just too cool. Repped.

Personally, I think that every child has the Power, Summon Santa which has the Limitations Extra Time and Concentration (completely unaware of surroundings). To most people, this looks like sleep. The ability is so exhausing that afterward the child typically passes out and sleeps 'til morning. But there is always one or two who manage to stay awake after activating the power and nip downstairs for a peak.

I think you should give Santa enough inches of Flight (the regular kind, not MegaScaled) to be able to traverse every 6-foot hex on the planet over a 24-hour period, and give him buttloads of PSLs vs. penalties for multiple move-bys, and then have him do a multiple move-by on every home on the planet. :)

I think you should give Santa enough inches of Flight (the regular kind' date=' [b']not[/b] MegaScaled) to be able to traverse every 6-foot hex on the planet over a 24-hour period, and give him buttloads of PSLs vs. penalties for multiple move-bys, and then have him do a multiple move-by on every home on the planet. :)

Give him a SPD of 12 and keeping in mind you only need enough Flight to cover landmasses with Christians, it shouldn't be too expensive.

I have got to find a way to post the transcript of the legendary scene from Azumanga Daioh "The Truth About Santa", in such a way that the whole board can appreciate it.

The riff is followed by the even more absurd "The Truth About Reindeer". "HA HA HA! This girl believes in reindeer! HA HA HA!"

Actually, he doesn't even need to cover all Christian lands, just England, Canada, the US, Japan, parts of China and SE Asia and possibly the Netherlands. All the other Christian areas have their own local gift-bringers, or such is my understanding. Still one seriously high-powered fellow. :)

Actually' date=' he doesn't even need to cover all Christian lands, just England, Canada, the US, Japan, parts of China and SE Asia and possibly the Netherlands. All the other Christian areas have their own local gift-bringers, or such is my understanding. Still one seriously high-powered fellow. :)[/quote']

Think of the discount on Real Points the Limitations would give you, though:

"Only usable on December 24"

"1 Continuing Fuel Charge, Extra Time to Recover (1 Year)"

"Incantations ("Ho! Ho! Ho!")"

...and so on and so forth.