Multiple charges

Ladikn

Re: Multiple charges

I want to use multiple charges for a char' date=' but I cant get 5ER(I just have my fred)...is there anywhere i can find just that chart/rule?[/quote']

You mean just the charges chart? Its in the limitations section after powers (p182). The book has a phenominal index....

I think he means he has 4th ed. rules, but wants to use the 5th ed. ruleset.

Maybe you should ask your GM, or whoever you are playing with. I have a bit of an issue with giving out rule book stuff like this, even if it's just a small chart. OTOH, it should be really close to 4th, you could just use that, then adjust a little if needed.

P.S. Sidekick is only $7 and it's an instant download.

fred=5th, which i have, i dont have 5th revised, i like to call it 5.5(dnd ref obvious)

I mean if you have a multipower which has charges, and some of the powers in it use multiple charges from the pool. Its not in fred, but its in fantasy and start hero without the rules for it.

fred=5th, which i have, i dont have 5th revised, i like to call it 5.5(dnd ref obvious)

I mean if you have a multipower which has charges, and some of the powers in it use multiple charges from the pool. Its not in fred, but its in fantasy and start hero without the rules for it.

You'll find the specifics about applying Charges to Multipowers on FREd pp. 207-208. If that doesn't answer your questions, please post a followup. :)

sry, but it doesnt.

my prob is, the magic system I designed for my game in fantasy hero uses a multipower with charges, but some of the powers use 2 or more charges. I found the limitation for takes 2 charges(-1/4), but I dont know any other for higher level powers. can anyone help me out?

sry, but it doesnt.

my prob is, the magic system I designed for my game in fantasy hero uses a multipower with charges, but some of the powers use 2 or more charges. I found the limitation for takes 2 charges(-1/4), but I dont know any other for higher level powers. can anyone help me out?

I can't recall off hand and a little digging didn't turn anything up so I have no idea of the rule, cost or what book it is in. However, there is somewhere a rule/discussion/example of how to have one slot in a multipower use up more than a single charge of the multipower's reserve.

I just don't know where. If all else fails ask Steve on the Rules Questions. He's da AnswerMan!

I can't recall off hand and a little digging didn't turn anything up so I have no idea of the rule, cost or what book it is in. However, there is somewhere a rule/discussion/example of how to have one slot in a multipower use up more than a single charge of the multipower's reserve.

I just don't know where. If all else fails ask Steve on the Rules Questions. He's da AnswerMan!

Steve did answer the question, as he has said nhe will, with a reference to the page in 5er which includes the rule in question. The problem is that Ladikn hasn't upgraded to "Hero 5.5", and "Hero 5.0" does not have specific rules in this regard.

The answer, therefore, is buy the upgrade that has the feature you want, or write your own patch (ie set the limitation as a Limited Power, and that's the rule for your game). I believe the rule is in at least one other source (Fantasy Hero? Star Hero?) since little, if anything, was created for 5er.

I have a bit of an issue with giving out rule book stuff like this' date=' even if it's just a small chart. [/quote']

I agree with Gojira. It's not fair to Steve & Co if we start handing out their intellectual property. Especially on their website, using their bandwidth to do so.

sry, but it doesnt.

Ah, I get it now. Sorry, Ladikn, I didn't understand your question. :o

The chart with the values of those Limitations is still in the original online rules FAQ here on the website, from before much of the FAQ was incorporated into 5ER.

Just go here, http://www.herogames.com/SupportFAQs/rules/POWER%20FRAMEWORKS.htm , and scroll down to the Multipowers section. The chart is a few entries further down.

BTW the old rules FAQ contains a great deal of the material that's since gone into 5ER, although it's far less organized. Still, I don't have 5ER either, and I generally do okay with my good ol' FREd and the FAQ. :)

Those FAQ are available both online and in free PDF. In case you haven't found it yet, here's where you can find links to both the current (Revised) FAQ and the old FAQ: http://www.herogames.com/SupportFAQs/supportfaqsherogames.htm

Also, since most of what's in 5ER was originally in FREd, it may help you when Steve Long gives a 5ER page reference to know what the analogous page in the original 5E rulebook was. One of our boardmates, zornwil, generously posted the correspondences between 5E and 5ER page numbering, here: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26915

Fifth Rules EDition...its the first installment of the Big Black Book! :)

Actually... it doesn't stand for that. It doesn't stand for anything. When asked what we should call the new big book of rules Steve's reply (Paraphrased):

"You can call it Fred for all I care, just buy it."

some smarmy punk had to make that mean something (because we're gamers, and damaged like that) and made up the Acronym FREd ... and stuck.

Steve did answer the question' date=' as he has said nhe will, with a reference to the page in 5er which includes the rule in question. The problem is that Ladikn hasn't upgraded to "Hero 5.5", and "Hero 5.0" does not have specific rules in this regard[/quote']

Oooh. Way to treat those loyal customers who supported Hero by buying the new 5th edition as soon as it came out. Silly people should have refused to buy any 5th edition until the real version came out. I mean, the competition does it, so Hero should too. (Yeah, yeah, not as bad. Just sorta annoying having to flip through a page conversion chart when reading up on questions and answers here. More so to know that such a chart wasn't provided at all by Hero itself.)

Oooh. Way to treat those loyal customers who supported Hero by buying the new 5th edition as soon as it came out. Silly people should have refused to buy any 5th edition until the real version came out. I mean' date=' the competition does it, so Hero should too. (Yeah, yeah, not as bad. Just sorta annoying having to flip through a page conversion chart when reading up on questions and answers here. More so to know that such a chart wasn't provided at all by Hero itself.)[/quote']

This simply becomes a point at which the line is drawn.

I have 5e. I also have 5er. Why should I have to pay for the upgrade if others get it for free?

Should there also be a listing of all chganges from 4e to 5e to 5er for those who have not upgraded from 4e? Should the new rules presented in other books also be provided free of charge to those who bought the base rules?

What about a complete listing of all rules added since 1e so that those loyal customers who bought that very first book, the guys who supported Hero RIGHT FROM THE VERY START, aren't required to shell out more $$ for changes made to the game afterwards?

I suppose this could be accomplished by publishing one edition of any given game, then turning it over to a consortium of volunteer fans to create free upgrades and distribute them through the Web (or any means they see fit), but DoJ is a for profit organization. You don't stay in business by giving away your product, rather than selling it.