Two-Headed Man?

Trained Chicken

I'd like to build a character who has two heads, but is otherwise anatomically similar to a normal human (eg same size, two arms, two legs, etc). Since this would be his or her main "power", it can be quite expensive if you so choose. I'd also like to achieve maximum utility from it.

I was thinking about some sort of full-feedback Duplication with appropriate limitations.

What say you all?

Guest Lollygagger

Re: Two-Headed Man?

I'd like to build a character who has two heads, but is otherwise anatomically similar to a normal human (eg same size, two arms, two legs, etc). Since this would be his or her main "power", it can be quite expensive if you so choose. I'd also like to achieve maximum utility from it.

I was thinking about some sort of full-feedback Duplication with appropriate limitations.

What say you all?

Is this just a second head, or is it an entirely separate person in there?

Scrapping Duplication would save you the trouble of figuring out other issues, like what if the two heads want the body to do two different things. (You still have to figure it out in roleplay, but not in game mechanics.)

Myself, I'd just have a Phys Lim: Two Personalities and/or Psych Lim: Two Personalities to account for it, and otherwise build him as normal. Maybe some Mental Defense or something to simulate the ability of one mind to resist mental powers affecting the other.

How about a high INT defined as, well, "two heads are better than one?" It would cover both heads making a PER roll at once, being able to have two conversations simultaneously, etc. Of course if you want two combat actions simultaneously, you'll have to go the Duplication route.

You might also consider lesser effects like Lightsleep (better chance of a stimulus waking one of the heads), 360 vision (heads can turn in two different directions), etc.

Digging through my other game books, I found that GURPS has an advantage that might give some ideas. It doesn't talk about INT boosts, but if one head's knocked out the creature loses some INT, so it's about the same thing.

It's in Fantasy Folk for 3rd Edition, p. 83 under 'Giants'. It doesn't do much except let the giant focus on two things at once and make him harder to knock out.