Precognition: 1984-2003

I'm building a pulp character with precognition today (you can see her picture late in the "Superhero Images" thread in the Champions forum). I'm using an old Justice, inc. character sheet and everything! Whooo!

Anyway, I wanna use FREd rules instead of JI rules, but I looked up JI's Precognition power first. It's simple; you pay 10 points to have the power with an activation roll at 9+(EGO/5) or less, and 3 point for every subsequent +1.

Building sort of the same power with FREd, it looks like this:

Precognition: Clairsentience (20 pts); Precognition (+20); MegaScale (1" = 1000 km) (+1); Requires activation roll (10-) (-1 1/4); Time Modifiers (-1/2); Vague and Unclear(-1/2). Real Cost: 29 pts.

Wow! What a difference twenty years make! (Crappy modern pop music aside, anyhow.)

This isn't a question; it's not a request for revision, either. But if anyone can offer clarifications, suggestions, insight or just funny jokes, I'm open to that.

Hoo-hah! Rotwang! can type!

Depending on the exact effect you are going for, you may want to look at buying this as Danger Sense.

Precognition and Clairsentience usually go hand in hand, but Ive found in the past that many Precogs that just become aware of danger before it happens rather than actually seeing something directly is more of a Danger Sense power.

I'm curious as to why you chose the MegaScale Advantage for this effect; at 1" = 1000 km., you'll have the capacity to catch images from well beyond the diameter of the Earth. That's more of a capacity for super-class clairvoyants than JI characters.

In any case, the problem with MegaScale is that it can't be used over any range less than 1", which in this case is 1000 km. Probably rather limiting for you. I'd suggest using the Adder, +5 points for doubling maximum range. You get the capacity to see at any distance up to your maximum, which depending on how far you want that to be, might actually come out cheaper than the 29 pts. you ended up with the first time. :)