Sinanju

AndrewD2

I was wondering if anyone has come up with Martial Arts for Sinanju. The style from the Destroyer series. It's been the topic of discussion at gaming sessions, but we're not quite sure what to put in it.

Anyone have ideas?

Andrew

PS

Women should be at home. Make babies ... preferebly Man-Child

Re: Sinanju

I've done a few Sinanju inspired characters.

For early Destroyer novels (say up to the fight with Bruce Lee and Fu Manchu), I'd go with the basic Karate package (appropriately renamed) plus a nerve strike and stats in the 25-35 range. Add a small Superskill VPP, including plenty of transformation attacks and mind control effects. Defenses are mainly high DCV and some Combat Luck, plus Resurection and a NCC Multiform. Find Weakness is there at a good score.

For later Destroyer novels, I'd go with massive stats (at least 30 STR, 35 DEX, 25 CON, 25 BOD), at least 6 extra DC with martial arts, the full list of Karate Maneuvers plus the full Speedster Martial Arts plus the full list of Sumo maneuvers. On top of that, add a good sized Superskill VPP. The Multiform gets a reduced No Conscious Control. Defenses include high combat luck, DCV at just under the campaign limit, and solid PD and ED. As much Find Weakness as the GM will allow.

There's a case to be made for just giving Remo 40 STR and a big VPP, but I like the more detailed approach.

Remo is not cheap. He stats out around 200-250 points in the very first book, and his power levels are at least in the 1000+ point range these days, maybe 1500 or so.

WIERD!!!

I didn't even know there was such a thing as Remo Williams books.

I only knew about the movie.

The books are sometimes very good for what they are (modern pulp sci-fantasy action comedy). They're not literature, but they hold up well as pop culture.

The movie took only the most "realistic" bits of the stories and had no budget, which kind of killed the chances for a sequal.

I too have only seen the movie...I once wrote Sinanju up as HA +X D6 (say 4 to 6) with variable advantages; up to +1...that might be too much for many games though....(you need the +1 for the nerve strike).....then buy KS: Sinanju, Martial world, Lang: Korean etc....the old Strikeforce suplimate had a Sinaju inspired character in it too....

So Sinaju HA +6D6 Vari Adv +!...Active 90, cost 60....looks about right for high power supers...lower it to HA +4D6 Vari Adv +1 and its active 60, cost 40

Most games can take a 8D6 nerve strike, if not you might need to drop to 3D6...or go back to 6D6 but add in Lim: STR not add -1/2 and lower your cost to 45 with 6D6 as your damage...that still lets you do 6D6 AP, Auto, but you'll get real tired....:)