Horrorclix! Scary minis by the fistful!

proditor

Crossposted from the NGD:

As many of you know, I collect minis. I also mod the suckers and occasionally even get around to painting them. ;) Well, Wizkids Games is again supplying us with a bunch of fun minis that might tide us over until Horror Hero comes around. Take a peek and see:

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/horrorclix/figures.asp

Oh, and do you need a CTHULHU!?!?!?

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/wk_article.asp?cid=40709

ROCK ON!! :rockon:

Shame Cthulhu will be so hard to get. :(

Re: Horrorclix! Scary minis by the fistful!

Arrgghhh!!! And yet another genre shafted.....:thumbdown

I hate "collectable" games with every fiber of my being..... Instead of being able to just buy a fig, you have to go through a crapshoot to see if you might just get lucky.

Gggrrrrrrrr.......

Arrgghhh!!! And yet another genre shafted.....:thumbdown

I hate "collectable" games with every fiber of my being..... Instead of being able to just buy a fig, you have to go through a crapshoot to see if you might just get lucky.

Gggrrrrrrrr.......

Ummmmm....I go on ebay and buy the individual figures that I want. With something like heroclix that has several "power levels" but only one figure, I buy the weakest/cheapest one. Because I just want the figure, I have no intention of playing the game.

Ummmmm....I go on ebay and buy the individual figures that I want. With something like heroclix that has several "power levels" but only one figure' date=' I buy the weakest/cheapest one. Because I just want the figure, I have no intention of playing the game.[/quote']

Yes and no. After I read your post I decided to check out ebay again and see if I could find anything useful. I need some police figures, so I called a local clixaholic hangout where the "guy behind the counter" said they were common and cheap. Does he have any? No "but he can get them". How much? Well can't say, must look and I'll get back to you. Which they never actually do. I didn't expect it but it answered my basic question. They are common. I jump on ebay. a search produces 49 items. 47 are of "science police", which translates as nothing resembling any police officer in the planet. I group of 6 figs from the UK, they are 1 plain clothes male cop, 1 female with blond hair that could as easily be a bystander, and 4 Sgt Rock style army men. Only one item comes up with an actual "policeman" figure. It for "a complete R E V playset of DC Hypertime GOTHAM PD". But does not indicate just what that consists of. I am sure I will get at least one "policeman" fig, because there is 1 in the attached pic. Of course the 1 figure is the only figure in the pic.

I don't play CCG's anymore, but even now I can go to the local card store and say "I need 10 common whatsits.

How much?"

They will say ".50 cents a piece" (or whatever).

I will ask, "do you have them on hand?"

They will say "no."

"When can you get them?"

"Maybe Wednesday."

I call on Wed and they say they have them. I had him $5 plus tax and he give me the cards. Mission complete.

Not so with Clix. No of the "stores" wants to stock singles. The people who have them want to dicker and bargain to get the price up so they can sell two commons and make enough to buy an ultra rare uber fig. They don't realize I don't care about the base, it's coming off anyway. I jsut want a fig.

Ahhhhh...... That felt good. a good rant is a fine stress reliever :winkgrin:

Brother Jim please disregard..........:D