Help me name my team; Part Three: Australia

proditor

Okay, ya'll should know the drill by now. ;) This is a Aussie/Kiwi joint team, so feel free to mix it up a bit.

Names needed for the figs and the team. Synopsis to follow, post in two parts as it's a bigger team.

1) Lightning generating blaster. (Already painted. you can barely see him here: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/modgod/workplace.htm he is in the second picture, bottom left corner.)

2) Techno-Batmanesque brawler. Sort of like Azrael I guess, but less psychotic.

3) Low level brick and brawler.

4) Mid-level Brick, superdense body

5) Growth and Super strength.

Re: Help me name my team; Part Three: Australia

1) Thunderstorm or Heat Lightning

2) Avenger or Retribution

3) Scrapper

4) Heavyweight

5) Kosciuszko May (named after the tallest mountain in Australia)

6) Talon or Grey Falcon (a native bird of prey to Australia's inland I think)

7) Wizard and Tinman

8) Rangemaster or Karmastrike

This should be fun. :o)

1) Lightning generating blaster.

Thunderstrike - couldn't think of anything better. :)

2) Techno-Batmanesque brawler.

Bushranger or Ranger - Australia has a rich history in highwaymen and bushrangers. They tended to be seen as anti-heroes, robbing from the banks and helping out the communities. This guy could have started out as Bushranger, but shortened it to Ranger.

3) Low level brick and brawler.

Nugget - The name reminds me of a 'Little Aussie Battler' as well as linking the character to gold nuggets (resilient)

otherwise, how about:

Underdog - Australians consider themselves underdogs in the world. The little guy always wins in the end... sometimes, anyway.

or

Tramp - the New Zealand equivalent of the Swagman - someone who wanders around the country without a real home, living rough and enjoying freedom.

or

Anzac - Australian and New Zealand soldiers are called ANZACS, most famous for fighting in Gallipoli during WWI.

4) Mid-level Brick, superdense body

Stockade - coming from the Eureka Stockade which was a time when the miners stood up against the nasty police in a town called Ballarat which was one of the busiest places on the planet during the 1850s gold rushes. The Eureka Stockade is Australia's version of the US Civil War... okay, so that may be an exaggeration, but it is considered the seed that grew into Federation and democracy in Australia.

5) Growth and Super strength.

Ruapehu - New Zealand mountain. She'd be a Maori heroine, and by the looks of her costume she could be some kind of celebrity or media person as well.

6) Flyer with nasty claws/talons

Peregrine - Looks like a predatory birdman and the peregrine is very aggressive, going after birds bigger than itself.

7) Superbrain and his tiny defense robot

Dr. Cross - reference to the Southern Cross constellation linked strongly to Australia. Okay, a weak one. I couldn't think of one for him though.

Bunyip - mythological creature - kind of a large, mysterious monster. It'd be fun to give the name to the little robot.

8) Boomerang weapon master.

Boomerang would be an obvious choice.

although another choice might be:

Jackaroo - the name for Australian cowboys.

Wow, these are some great responses! :D After the Canadian thread, I figured you guys wouldn't disappoint.

Okay, next assignments, should you choose to accept them, name the team and help me with color (or is that colour?) schemes. ;)

EDIT: And the rep shall flow like honey...which reminds me, I have a LOT of people to thank on the Canadian thread...

...name the team...

How about Terra Australis or something derived from this?

Terra Australis (also: Terra Australis Incognita, Latin for "the unknown land of the South") was an imaginary continent, appearing on European maps from the 15th to the 18th century.

The country of Australia was first termed Terra Australis by Flinders when he wrote a book of this title containing the maps he had made on his several voyages.

(or is that colour?) schemes. ;)

Yes it is :cool:

Don't have a color scheme idea

but for team names

If you don't use it for an individual, perhaps something involving the Southern Cross "Southern Cross" "Southern Cross Defenders" etc.

or

"Guardians of Oceania"

for a cheesier name

"The Down Under Wonders"

How about Terra Australis or something derived from this?

Terra Australis (also: Terra Australis Incognita, Latin for "the unknown land of the South") was an imaginary continent, appearing on European maps from the 15th to the 18th century.

The country of Australia was first termed Terra Australis by Flinders when he wrote a book of this title containing the maps he had made on his several voyages.

Yes it is :cool:

Actually, I like this idea even better. Cool indeed.

Okay, tenative update. Star system to indicate how attached I am to a name. 1-5 stars; more stars means it's less likely to change. ;)

Team: Terra Australis (Can any Kiwis tell me if this would be cool in NZ?)

1) Thunderstrike *

2) Ranger ** (A more generic name may fit better, still pondering)

3) Blue **** (Though Nugget has 3 stars itself)

4) Stockade ***

5) Ruapehu ****

6) No decision, I like all 3 suggestions so far. :(

7 a) The Wizard **

7 B) Bunyip *****

8) Jackaroo ****