Fantasy Hero

Njiall

I already have designed my campaign world, created the package deals for races and professions. I am using several magic system described in Fantasy Hero Grimoire I and II. Would the Fantasy Hero book afford any interesting thing to my campaign? What kind of rules and things are in this book?

Thanks

Re: Fantasy Hero

All I've used from the Fantasy Hero book (and remember, I'm a Rules Lite player) is the weapons cost chart. For that alone, it's been worth the price.

Basically, it has a writeup of ALL of the weapons you'll run into in a fantasy game, and what they cost in coin. I don't believe any other books have that information, and it is invaluable.

I dunno - I kinda like the ICE supplement "And a 50 foot pole" which lists a huge amount equipment for each period of history. Although I'm using the Harn pricelist for my campaign - as I prefer prices based on "actual cost to produce" rather than the more typical roleplaying pricelists which are prices based on "game balance".

I found FH good for the skills, talents, perks and packages it lists. And I may be using the mass combat rules shortly too.

I've found it to be incredibly useful. Travel time over terrain, medieval population distribution, plenty of other information. Most of it is easy to find from other sources, sure... but isn't it nice to have a source in one place, that you can carry around?

Has plenty of good campaign ideas, too.

Now, if you're really tight on cash, you can survive without it easy enough. But I've never regret buying it, that's for sure.