any changes to Martial Arts maneuver construction in UMA (from 4E to 5E)?

fwcain

Whereas UMA is (currently) out of print and thus unavailable, for those of us who have the "original" (4th Edition) version of UMA (and Ninja Hero), are there any changes to the methods and resultant costs of building "custom" martial arts maneuvers in the 5E version of UMA?

And, if so, could these changes be made available from HERO Games/DOJ, in some (online?) format, at least until such time as UMA is once again available for purchase? (Please note that I am not asking for some third party to violate copyright law! I am specifically asking if Hero Games would be willing to provide this otherwise-unavailable material to prior customers. I'm not asking for illegal scans, "warez," or other violations of Hero Games'/DOJ's IP!)

Thanks in advance!

Franklin

Re: any changes to Martial Arts maneuver construction in UMA (from 4E to 5E)?

They're largely the same, though with a few tweaks to wording here and there. It's been four years since I wrote it so I don't remember how it all stacks up against the older version precisely.

I'm sorry, but we can't make any of the Martial Maneuver building rules available for free. Even if we had absolutely no hardcopies left (we do, in fact, still have a few), we still sell the book as a PDF, and those rules are one of the book's selling points. We appreciate that you're a prior customer, but if we start giving away our work free to everyone who bought a previous edition of a book, we would have gone out of business a long time ago.

They're largely the same' date=' though with a few tweaks to wording here and there.[/quote']

Cool; that's all I needed to know. I just wanted to know if my custom maneuvers were still "legit."

I'm sorry' date=' but we can't make any of the Martial Maneuver building rules available for free. [/quote']Don't be; that's how you make your living, after all! ;)

Besides, since there weren't any major changes to the maneuvers, the second part of my original post was moot.

Thanks!

Franklin

I just wanted to know if my custom maneuvers were still "legit."

Oh, well, for that you have to send us a $5 per maneuver "legit fee." It's right there in the rules. ;)

I'm sure it is, really I am....

Ultimate Martial Artist is available in PDF? That's good news. I'd gotten the impression it wasn't available at all, until someone stumbled across that secret cache of them in a warehouse.

Of course, I got mine back when it first came out. ;)

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary has been reading up on ninjutsu. Hey, where did it go?

Ultimate Martial Artist is available in PDF?

Sure is -- in fact, I think it might've been the very first book we made available in PDF format. Once we decided to start selling PDFs, technically no book will ever be "unavailable," it just might not be available in hardcopy form after we're sold out.

And' date=' if so, could these changes be made available from HERO Games/DOJ, in some (online?) format[/quote']

Like, say, the .pdf version of the book, available now in the online store.

But only while supplies last! Buy quick, before Hero runs out of ones and zeroes!!! :D

The only problem is while you have plenty of 1s and 0s my credit card does not and I have to wait til I recover from Norwescon before visiting the online store again.
Or perhaps the problem is that your credit card has too many ones and zeroes already... ;)

I know that's the problem with my credit card...

Oh' date=' well, for that you have to send us a $5 per maneuver "legit fee." It's right there in the rules. ;)[/quote']

Hmm ... $5/maneuver ...

:think: . o O {If I've made over 300 characters ... all with martial arts ... average them out ... [(1200 x 5)/my savings] - bills ... Hmm ...}

So, when did you want that kidney, Mr. Long? ;)