WWYCD: Snakes on the Plane!

fwcain

Re: WWYCD: Snakes on the Plane!

Special Agent Trent:

"Oh, what the ****? Can't I go anywhere without catastrophic weirdness?"

Then he'd activate his forcefield and start using his Telekinesis to attack the snakes and/or help people move. He'd grab-and-squeeze rather than using his PK Blast, so as not to damage the plane.

Unless he went Enraged. Can an airliner handle a 16d6 EB?

I didn't see the movie, but as soon as I saw the trailer my thought was "freeze the plane, idiot! It's friggin' cold at altitude!" Cold snakes = no threat.

If you can't do that, warn the passengers & depressurize. No superpowers needed.

Yeah except neither of those ideas works very well for the passengers either. Freezing the plane would also freeze the passengers, none of whom are likely wearing cold weather gear and thus would suffer the effects of the intense cold you just subjected them too.

Also, I'm pretty sure depressurizing the plane would cause it to crash.

For whatever reason, the heroes are travelling aboard a civilian commercial airliner across the Pacific Ocean. About halfway to their next destination, suddenly, hundreds of poisonous snakes slither into the passenger compartment! What do your heroes do?!?

Notes:

First of all, I did not see this idea already posted on this forum. If someone else has already done so and I just missed your message thread, please accept my apologies.

Second, this little thought experiment has as one of its underlying presumptions that the heroes in question do have Secret IDs. Heroes with a Public ID obviously have nothing to risk (well, other than their own lives), and heroes with neither a Secret ID nor a Public ID just have a little risk (to their personal/social lives, that is).

Thanks!

Franklin

I'm a bit confused: is it OK to post what a character with "Social Limitation: Famous" would do? PhaseKitty is well known, and has no Flight, so she could be on a plane (tho' more likely using the team vehicle, it could happen).

If it's cool to answer for her, I think she'd gasp, make the sort of remarks a cutsy girl would, but not completely freak or go all coward. Then, she'd get herself in hand, go Desolid, and start clawing them to death as fast as possible.

25kivd2.gif

Also' date=' I'm pretty sure depressurizing the plane would cause it to crash.[/quote']

An airliner flying to Hawai'i in the mid-80's lost about a sixth of the passenger cabin's hull at 15,000? feet.

The only casualty was a flight attendant who wasn't seated and got blown out of the gaping hole in the side of the craft.

The flight landed safely. So, no, just depressurizing would not cause the airliner to crash.

Marksman: No weapons, No Equipment, No powers, No problem. First thing he would do is find something to use as a weapon, probably in the gally, use plastic knives as throwing weapons perhaps, cooking knives could be used as stabbing weapons, with luck there will be a air marshal who is armed on board, and I never miss...