The Zodiac Super Hero Team?

Hermit

Re: The Zodiac Super Hero Team?

It doesn't look like the 4th Edition version of the Zodiac is coming back. Where others may lament, I see oppurtunity!

Mark Burleson A.K.A. Taurus, is one of the super heroes of Millennium City. We could easily have a theme team form up based on the Zodiac that consists of super heroes. I'm tempted to do this for a campaign, but I would like folks input.

Mind you, I'm still not sure if I'll just have this as another NPC hero team out there, or if I'll be able to coax my players into it.

1) What sort of archetype and what sort of powers do you think fit each sign?

Aries: Typically redundant with Taurus, as both animals are 'rush and slam' sorts. I would be tempted to make Aries a cyberkinetic, playing off another version of the term 'RAM'. :)

Taurus: If not a literal minotaur (or someone with a minotaur-styled suit), then a 'charger' of some sort; a move-through/move-by kind of demi-brick.

Gemini: Duplication, duh.

Cancer: I'd be tempted to go literal and make an actual crab or lobster man; hard exoskeleton, big ol' pincers. The other option, disease powers, doesn't work for a hero that well, Infectious Lass notwithstanding.

Leo: A lion-man is probably the easy cop-out. If there's a Lion-style Kung Fu or other martial art, we could go there.

Virgo: I got nothin' here. The Zodiac Conspiracy's mental powers are the best thing I can think of. Alternately, since (IIRC) the constellation is typically depicted holding a sheaf of grain, plant powers might not be out of the picture, but she'd have to explain that to EVERYBODY.

Libra: A power duplicator. Balance the scales by duplicating the other guy's powers!

Scorpio: Again, crossover with Cancer ... maybe someone who uses poisons to incapacitate a foe, and is sneaky, rather than the more up-front Cancer.

Sagittarius: Uh, archery.

Capricorn: The sea goat ... er ... ZC's satyr is about the best I can think of.

Aquarius: Hydrokinesis.

Pisces: Hello, Aquaman Ripoff. :)

2) Some Zodiac signs seem to be a bit gender oriented, would you allow a male Virgo or female Taurus for example? or would the threat of 'cow' jokes ruin that?

The threat of cow jokes (for which the PC would likely pummel the offender into the dirt) is precisely why I would allow that. :)

3) Scientifically, the sun now passes through 14 signs, or so I'm told. Would you stick to the original 12 only... or include Ophiuchus - The Serpent Holder and Cetus-the Whale?

I probably would, but again, you'd have to explain why you have 14 members (two of whom nobody's read about in their horoscope!) to 99 percent of humanity.

4) Should such a team have a unifying origin, or just form together haphazardly or via a Patron?

Getting 14 people together, who just happen to have powers that can fit into the Zodiac mold, would be one ridiculous bit of happenstance. I'd think Patron + Unifying Origin would be the best bet ... especially if you go with a female Taurus.

"Wait, I'm not a bull, a female bull is a cow! You can't make me go out in public as a cow!"

"You signed the release form ..."

5) How do you visualize such a team of heroes operating? Rather public, covert, or what?

With 14 of 'em, covert would be hard. That's two-plus teams of Avengers right there. They'd almost have to be public.

Hermit: Hey a heroic Zodiac team! What a great idea! I had a similar one once...wait....DAMN YOU SILKEN SHROUD*!

*Silken Shroud, the master of Thread Necromancy

sometimes goes as Bubba Smith. :)

Hermit: Hey a heroic Zodiac team! What a great idea! I had a similar one once...wait....DAMN YOU SILKEN SHROUD*!

*Silken Shroud, the master of Thread Necromancy

sometimes goes as Bubba Smith. :)

i beg you pardon,silken shroud but i wish you wouldn't impersonate me

Gemini, 'the Twins', could be 2 characters, Twin Brothers! Can Appear anywhere within sight of the other Brother- Mind-Link, Teleportation -1/2 Only One may 'port per phase(same SPD), other brother's sight LOS only. Standard STR, Flight, FF EC's or 1 Physical, 1 Mental w/Teleport? How would they compete w/ themselves?