Mystery Men write-ups?

Susano

Re: Mystery Men write-ups?

Aww... I'd love to see those. I think they'd be very open to interpretation, though, since the actual "powers" these guys display are pretty low. Really seems like more of a heroic campaign than superheroic.

Btw, I LOVE Mystery Men. LOVE IT. I just wish more people felt the same way.

Ironically, the only real superpower anyone showed was Invisible Boy's :)

-Nate

Ironically' date=' the only real superpower anyone showed was Invisible Boy's :) [/quote']

Really? What about the Sphinx's cutting those thugs' guns in half with his mind? And what about the Bowler? (Or is a flying, hovering bowling ball not a superpower?)

:D

Just sayin'...

Ironically' date=' the only real superpower anyone showed was Invisible Boy's :)[/quote']

Don't forget the Bowler - who had a self guided bowling ball

Then of course there was the Sphynx who could rip guns apart with his mind, not to mention he was terribly mysterious!

Not to mention the Spleen -- who not only had a "superpower" but had an origin to go with it.

And let's be honest, the Blue Rajah certainly had something going for him to throw forks like that.

His power stems from his boundless anger!

And Mr. Furious picked up a bus that one time! :mad:

Well, he pushed it out of the way.

Of course, the driver had his foot on the gas pedal -- but only to get it started. After that, it was all Mr. Furious.

Nevermind. :o

And let's be honest' date=' the Blue Rajah certainly had something going for him to throw forks like that.[/quote']

And other sorts of silverware.

I must admit, I've had my eye on a Mystery Men writeup since soon after I set foot on these forums, for the simple reason that he makes the perfect excuse to stat out a spoon ;)

What?

The shoveler is, by far, my favorite character in the movie. He's so laid back, but he's one of the most effective fighters in the group. I just love his dead pan reactions to his wife and Furious.

I wouldn't really call the Bowler's abilities that much of a power. With the exception of at the very end when the ball rises up and smashes the psychofraculator, it was all under her control... .very complex and bouncy trajectories, but it didn't need to have powers of its own (except for a mindlink with her, of course ;)

Spleen's could be just a really bad case of irritable bowel syndrome ;)

And the guns cut in half could have just been a brilliant coincidence....

Ok ok, so yeah, there were some low level powers, but nothing truly amazing... like a guy who could shoot stinging foam into your eyes.

-Nate

Love this film! My buddies (all old school Champions players) and I first saw it in the theatres during a San Diego Comic-Con weekend. We were cracking up the back row as we all got the in-jokes. Talked about that night doing a Con game along those lines. My character was going to be called Trivial Pursuit - whose power was to bring up oscure facts all the time (hopefully one would be deemed useful in a crisis situation).

The shoveler is' date=' by far, my favorite character in the movie. He's so laid back, but he's one of the most effective fighters in the group. I just love his dead pan reactions to his wife and Furious. [/quote']

Wife: If just one of those weirdoes throws up in my pool, I'm divorcing you.

Shoveler: That's fair.