This Year's Comic Book Covers For My Convention Events

rjcurrie

As those of you who have played in my SuperSquad America events know, I like to do comic book covers for each year's event. However, since I have limited art ability, I have to either get Kerry Connell to do a new group shot for me or create something with the existing art he has done for me. So, with KublaCon just two weeks away and the debut of SuperSquad America 2006 and my new Remarkable Wrong-Righters event, it was time to do this year's covers Now, I do not yet have any art from Kerry for the two new characters in SuperSquad America or for five of the characters in the Remarkable Wrong-Righters, so I had to make do with what I had. So, here are this year's covers.

2006_covers.gif

Re: This Year's Comic Book Covers For My Convention Events

Those are pretty nifty. :)

Moreover, what an awesome idea! Rep for you.

I agree that RWR looks a little sparse. Another idea might be to find a decent comic style city-scape and throw it in the background? I basically did that on my V&V page, swapping out the characters with the ONE TRUE HERO of V&V. ;)

For the Remarkable Wrong Righters cover, maybe you could put in a speech balloon or two saying something like

"If we're going to take on this guy, we're going to need help"

and one of the others saying, "No kidding...but who?"

A bit cheesy, but cheesy can be fun

Fun Stuff!

But is it possible to add a background to either (or both) comics? I know that the heroes were existing art... But they seem to be pointlessly floating in empty space. It might be nice to see something behind them to ground them in reality (well, comic book reality as it were)

I liked how you played up the mystery members of SSA with the question mark outlines. Reminds me of some of those classic Avenger comics when they brought someone new into the line up :)

Thanks. The character outlines are just Hero Machine charaters all colored black.