[Online Game]New 'Marvel: Next Generation' game

Snake Gandhi

Re: [Online Game]New 'Marvel: Next Generation' game

Gee' date=' I dunno. I just added the file when I applied for the game and it accepted it without a problem. I'll probably replace it with a HeroDesigner file when I get home tonight (don't have HD at work). Maybe I used my [i']Sekrit Bunny Powers!!!1!!![/i] to do it, without even knowing! :confused:

Hmm...I didn't think to try it when I applied. It doesn't to want to take it after the fact. Thanks anyways :thumbup:

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

might want to hold off on team joining details pending who gets accepted and how they sort out having come together' date=' yeah.[/quote']

Having seen the intro discussion so far on the T-bolts campaign messages, I have a suggestion. Being free advice, it's doubtless worth what everyone paid for it. ;)

Given that several members have nigh-unlimited resources, I think there's no need for an outside benefactor. Of the two most obvious candiates - von Doom and Nefaria, I think Nefaria would make a better choice as the instigator.

Realizing the threat posed by Mandarin and the Neo-Upstarts, he seeks to develop a counter, for his own as well as the world's protection. Where best to start? Among those the Neo-Upstarts would themselves try to recruit. Thus the initial proposal of alliance with Eva von Doom is formed. Soon, they bring in the daughter of one of the Hellfire Club (Argent).

After an initial success brings the odd alliance to public attention, "Uncle" Abe Jenkins and Stilt-Girl discuss this might be just what she needs. With the aid of a very-temporarily back in harness Mach VII, she convinces the anti-Upstarts to become the new Thunderbolts, to guide the way for other children of villains to reject the paths of their parents and the Neo-Upstarts. Stilt-Girl joins, and Abe puts his suit back in mothballs. Looking for a few more recruits, they shortly find Journeyman, Crusher, Electron and Batroc and the Thunderbolts live again!

(Sorta sets up the T-bolts as the "villain child" X-men, with the Neo-Upstarts as the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants - both competing for the same recruits/different ideologies)

As I'm COH-less and Hero Machine doesn't have much to offer, want to take a stab at Electron? Figure about 5 1/2 feet tall, light brown hair kept reasonably short (I figure as a walking electrical battery the static has to be a *****), yellow bodysuit with green lightning bolts coming up over the shoulders (if such a thing is possible).

As I'm COH-less and Hero Machine doesn't have much to offer' date=' want to take a stab at Electron? Figure about 5 1/2 feet tall, light brown hair kept reasonably short (I figure as a walking electrical battery the static has to be a *****), yellow bodysuit with green lightning bolts coming up over the shoulders (if such a thing is possible).[/quote']

Something like so? Cape and no cape versions.

Possible Argent? Didn't see much in way of a description' date=' aside from pale blond hair and silver power effects....[/quote']

Wow, thanks, Serpentissimus! I actually really like this one (apart from the mutant giraffe legs -- hey, we're ALL Stilt-Girl now!) And yes, Argent does wear gray and white, and she has a preference for tailored and form-fitting clothing.

I don't know how flexible the program you're using IS...but could you give her some more white in her costume, instead of the completely gray jacket and pants? And please add white gauntlets the same color as her boots.

Otherwise, she looks wonderful. Argent herself wears a mask, but I don't want to lose any of the detail on the face -- which is particularly good! -- by having you put one in.

A very pleasant surprise, Serpentissimus.

Shortened the legs as much as I could. Made the mask more noticeable, but still doesn't show up terribly well against the pale skin and light hair. Added gloves, lightened everything as much as could (white on white still shows kinda greyish in some CoH things). Changed the belt a bit to fit the metallic name better.

That looks good, Serpentissimus, especially the lighting/texture effects that break up the gray. I like the white gloves...but would it be possible to make them gauntlets that fit over her jacket sleeves? And perhaps the mask would show up better if you made it gray, like the darker parts of her jacket and pants?

Thanks for taking the time to fiddle with the pic. I really appreciate it.

By the way, what's that little emblem-thingy on her the left breast of her jacket?

Made the mask a little darker. Best I could do for the gauntlets, can't make them go over the sleeves.

Given the Argent/Noire bit, it amused me to put the drama/comedy masks on her. That's what the little emblem is. Little in-joke, not big enough to really affect the pic IMO. :P

Edited to include less "healthy" pose. ;)

Could we go back to the face-on pose, instead of the profile, please? (The profile pic makes her look a bit like Power Girl, if you get my drift....)

But the pose thing is just nit-picking; she really does look wonderful. Thank-you, Serpentissimus.

And as far as the masks of comedy/tragedy -- Argent actually has a rivalry with Noir (I've been misspelling the word; there's no 'e' on the end). So yes, anything to suggest that she (Argent) has a handle on this whole duality business; anything to suggest she's in control. The masks emblem is something she'd do.

Rep for you (actually either on the post before this one, or the one before that).

Could we go back to the face-on pose, instead of the profile, please? (The profile pic makes her look a bit like Power Girl, if you get my drift....)

But the pose thing is just nit-picking; she really does look wonderful. Thank-you, Serpentissimus.

And as far as the masks of comedy/tragedy -- Argent actually has a rivalry with Noir (I've been misspelling the word; there's no 'e' on the end). So yes, anything to suggest that she (Argent) has a handle on this whole duality business; anything to suggest she's in control. The masks emblem is something she'd do.

Rep for you (actually either on the post before this one, or the one before that).

Sorry to butt in but what about this? Hubba-hubba~

Goodness, hubba-hubba is right! Is that a pic of Emma Frost?

Thanks for posting; it's a great pic and I appreciate the thought. No, that's not Argent -- the clothing and setting are too immodest, too immoderate -- but that is EXACTLY what Noir (Argent's evil twin) looks like! And now you know why Argent (a heroine of deep and serious religious convictions) has a problem with her!

Rep for thee, G.A.

Just for laughs, take a look at the page I found about an incarnation of the Thunderbolts.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/tboltsmillvisions.htm

Interesting line-up eh?

Here's the team for comparisons...

Argent (mentalist)

Daughter of Emma Frost

Eva Von Doom (powered armor)

Daughter of Dr. Doom

Invictus (martial brick)

Son of Count Nefaria

Stilt Girl (power armor)

Daughter of Stilt-Man

Batroc ze Fightaire (martial artist)

Daughter of Batroc the Leaper

Crusher (brick)

Son of the Absorbing Man and Titania

Electron (energy projector)

Daughter of Electro

Journeyman (brick)

Son of Bulldozer of the Wrecking Crew

Just for laughs, take a look at the page I found about an incarnation of the Thunderbolts.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/tboltsmillvisions.htm

Interesting line-up eh?

Here's the team for comparisons...

I just found this as I was researching art for Stilt-Girl. It is eerily similar, isn't it? I never heard of this thing before, but I may have to hunt it down just for curiousity.