Necrons

nightbringer256

first of all if your in my game, and you know who you are, dont read this

im planning on brining in the necrons into my game and was wonder if any of you out there had ideas on how to write them up

note: i want them to be killable, cause it just an't fair to the players if their immortal killer bots.

in particular im looking for the warriors, the lords and the nightbringer himself

if you have any ideas please post them or send me an email: mahonc2@comcast.net

thanks

nightbringer

Guest Schwarzwald

Re: Necrons

I'm not sure adding the C'tan is a great idea for a game, maybe you should just stick with the basic necrons and assume they turned themselves into killing machines out of hatred for all other life, wiped everything out 65 million years ago and then went into stasis to await new life to evolve so they could kill it.

Use the WBB rule and the teleport rule, plus the phase out at 25% of original level, if they want to perma kill necrons they have to track them down to their tomb complexes ad destroy them.

Guest Schwarzwald

thats a great idea Schwarzwald

and to start ill make their regen not ressurection, and see how the players handle that, if all goes well then ill make it ressurection, if not....

well new characters for everyone

YAY!!!

thanks

Make sure the players get a chance to realize that 'dead' necrons seem to get up instead of demat a lot more frequently when thew big, fancy necron with the glowing green crystal ball in it's hand is near.....

Actually, the Necrons are in many ways scarier than the Borg.

Essentially, they are the remnants of an ancient race who was tricked/seduced into putting their spirits into mechanical bodies, thinking that they would become immortal, when really they were just irrevocably bound to the will of their dark masters, whom they had already worshipped as gods.

They hate all life, and seek to destroy it in all of its forms. They are heavily armed, hard to hurt, have a habit of getting up after being shot down, AND occassionally wear the skins of their enemies.

Anything else to mention, 40k fans?

Edit: Unlike the Borg, they can NEVER be negotiated with. Ever.

Besides, to do so would be heresy.

Guest Schwarzwald

Slaanesh is the youngest of the four chaos gods. Chais itself may match the age of the universe, as in the warp is as old as the universe, but the c'tan predate the chaos gods.

Ok, here's my suggestion, ressurection on an activation roll and if they fail to make it they die. Makes it easy to bring them back. and to me that was the scariest thing about necrons.

You may want to add some sort of 6- +2d6 on the gauss weapons to signify that rolling a 6 to wound automatically inflicts one wound (very scary) and maybe some more armor from that good armor save. Could be Damage reduction though, I'm just noting with a 1.5d6 RKA and 3rED they won't kill each other very fast, but does this mean space marines only have 3rPD?

Two other things, change the flight on the destroyers to "only over surfaces" to prevent ariel necron drop squad! and

necron warrior - 6"

necron warrior leaping - 11"

Necron prefered method of travel? -> boing! boing boing!

"steady men, here come those leaping skeletons of doom!"