How would you build this? A Voice that....

TheRavenIs

Siren gave me the idea for a new C. The C has a voice that can stop traffic, fights, alot of good things, but also bad things.

What I am looking for is ways to model multiple effects, all of them area effect; no range; personal immunity; and only effect those than can hear the C.

So can the combined minds of Herodom help me with this, I full well expect to get a few idea's.

I thank all that respond and will rep as I am able, even if the idea sounds silly, you never know when a silly build might be the best build.

TRI

Re: How would you build this? A Voice that....

Mind Control? Be default, it only affects targets that can hear the command spoken. All you need to do is make it AoE (and possibly Personal Immunity unless the character using it has enough Mental Defense to ignore it).

Of course, you haven't mentioned how this character actually goes about stopping things. You've just said the character uses his voice to accomplish it, but not what the voice, or what about the voice, does this.

Mind Control with tons of dice?

Maybe with a Naked Advantage: Megascale Ae, Selective Enough to cover the world with a limitation that target must be able to hear him in some fashion so he could issue commands over the phone, televison etc?

Actually might need to make it Telepathic with Incantations if can command people that don't understand his language.

Can he effect non living things with his voice as well?

Edit: Oh and Personal Immunity as Dust Raven mentioned.

I do not owe Nexus rep.

Ok, the C's voice is so compelling that people have a hard time not listening, plus it's a slow effect to get them to do anything. The voice has this odd reverb effect basically.

I forgot to add that it is culumitive, and incantations.

Mind Control has already been mentioned so:

Extra Presence

BOECV Entangle

Drain on EGO or INT

A Change Environment that overwhelms the targets perception rolls could also make it difficult for them to do anything but listen.

Depending on how long lasting the effect is, a Mental Transfrom might also work, to give the target a temporay Psychological Disadavantage or two.

Perhaps a large PRE Attack;

Obey! +60 PRE (60 Active Points); PRE Attacks Only (-1), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2) [24 Real Points]

I'd go wth this one.

or

BOECV Entangle

this one.

Both seem to do the trick.

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

I owe Nexus rep.

Ok, the C's voice is so compelling that people have a hard time not listening, plus it's a slow effect to get them to do anything. The voice has this odd reverb effect basically.

I forgot to add that it is culumitive, and incantations.

If you're using Mind Control, incantations are inherent. I'd suggest something like:

Mind Control 6d6 Cumulative (x4 max), AoE Radius (x8 area), No Range, Personal Immunity. This is gonna cost a lot, but any power that can potentially stop a crowd from doing anything (or get an entire crowd to do anything) should cost a lot.

The lots of PRE could also work, depending on the type of influence you want. PRE could easily stop everybody from doing whatever they were doing, but probably couldn't get everybody on the highway to slam on their breaks at the same time (some might just forget to steer), and it definately won't get them all to jump up and down on one leg or pretend they're dogs.

If you're using Mind Control, incantations are inherent. I'd suggest something like:

I suggested Telepathic if his character could effect people regardless of if they could understand him. Incantation might be approriate with that build if he still had to speak clearly but they'd magically" understand his commands.

Thanks Bloodstone, I will use the change envirnoment as well as what Dust Raven & Nexus gave me

Thanks Dust Raven and Nexus. I was considering that would be the way to go, just wanted to ask to see what others would come up with.

Looks like the power is restrainable. If you can't hear the command, target an entangle across the mouth, apply a choking attack, the attack can't go off.

Plus the other bits--the atatck can't be used where you can't talk--underwater, etc.

Now, here is a tricky part: what if the voice is amplified? Does it have the same effect on via recording or rebroadcast?

Generally? I'd probably go with AoE powers, whether they have it inherently (e.g. Change Environment) or take the Area of Effect Advantage. As stated, I'd go with No Range and probably Personal Immunity. Reduced By Range could also be a good Limitation.

As far as what the AoE actually looks like, I'd probably stick generally to cones (sometimes) and radii (usually). For size, I'd look at the Hearing Perception Modifiers chart. A normal shout gives a +2 bonus to hearing. That means if someone shouts, people can hear it clearly with no net penalties out to a 8-hex radius. So I'd probably make this the minimum distance to which such powers can reach.

Generally? I'd probably go with AoE powers' date=' whether they have it inherently (e.g. Change Environment) or take the [i']Area of Effect[/i] Advantage. As stated, I'd go with No Range and probably Personal Immunity. Reduced By Range could also be a good Limitation.

As far as what the AoE actually looks like, I'd probably stick generally to cones (sometimes) and radii (usually). For size, I'd look at the Hearing Perception Modifiers chart. A normal shout gives a +2 bonus to hearing. That means if someone shouts, people can hear it clearly with no net penalties out to a 8-hex radius. So I'd probably make this the minimum distance to which such powers can reach.

I was thinking that I'll add images: hearing group to amp the voice to get a larger area.

Looks like the power is restrainable. If you can't hear the command, target an entangle across the mouth, apply a choking attack, the attack can't go off.

Plus the other bits--the atatck can't be used where you can't talk--underwater, etc.

Now, here is a tricky part: what if the voice is amplified? Does it have the same effect on via recording or rebroadcast?

I was thinking that it wouldn't be usable that way as well bil. Plus no it couldn't be recorded and act on a person or group. Now amplifed? Yes, if the C does it via images hearing.

I was thinking that I'll add images: hearing group to amp the voice to get a larger area.

Well, you wouldn't really need to for the powers. For those you just buy bigger areas, "because the character has a loud voice." Note I mentioned a minimum distance.

Those Images would probably be a good complimentary power for the character's concept, though ("Why can I blast out people's eardrums at 20m, but only be heard clearly over the crowd out to 16m?").