Commision art - lookos cool

Lord Mhoram

I've posted enough about Blackcat that people that read these thread know a little about her. Well I had some extra money and commisioned Keith Curtis to do a picture of her for me. And it is great.

Just wanted to share. :D

CatLoRes.jpg

This version will shortly be added to my avatar as well. :)

Edit - *sigh* typo in the thread title, that's what I get for posting right when I wake up.

Re: Commision art - lookos cool

Here is a revised avatar. The problem is getting the animated gif to under 10K while still preserving the color. I had to posterize it somewhat, but I don't think it's that noticeable.

Keith "Service with a smile" Curtis

Cool thanks. Using now.

And I have no clue what posterize means so it's all good. :)

Well' date=' I can't rep keithcurtis yet so I'll rep you for sharing. Great stuff.[/quote']

Don't worry I did. :)

Here is a page that I just threw together, that shows all three of the pieces of art I have for the character. The timeframe of these pieces span over a decade. :)

One of the things I love about getting artwork for the character is the changes in detail that each one puts into the character. The same basic outfit is the same, and some details that I like stay on all of them (the headband, the shoulder flap, the green ribbon on the right arm), but details shift from interpretation to interpretation. And asI have not an artistic bone in my body I love to see what they come up with. :)

This was the first commision I ever had, that I paid money for. The experience was worthwhile, I think I shall do it again. :) Keith for other of my characters, and maybe Storn for Cat - I mean it would just be a thrill to have the guy that did the Ninja Hero and UMA covers do a commision for my martial artist. :)

The other two Cat pics weren't commisions, exactly, but by friends who did it for fun. :)

Kudos again to Keith.

Here is a revised avatar. The problem is getting the animated gif to under 10K while still preserving the color. I had to posterize it somewhat, but I don't think it's that noticeable.

Keith "Service with a smile" Curtis

Don't avatars get 18k? Or is there a different limit on the animated gifs?

I believe it's 10k, or it was, last time I looked.

:checks:

Aargh! It's 20k. Oh well.

Keith "Memory like a steel sieve" Curtis

That actually works for me. I'm now planning to get another commision of Cat from Storn*, and with the extra space that will make it easier to get the fourth version in the avatar. :)

*Not immediatly of course, I have some other game books to buy with my fun money. :)

I gotta get Keith doing work for my stuff.

I can but imagine what Lt. Khanal Tsamliew (DH22) would look like under his pen.

Or Captain Photon (posted in the "retired Champions character" thread).

Or any of the several NPCs I've written up for Space Wizards.

Or darn near anything in my head, really.