US Military .45 Pistols

Edsel

Re: US Military .45 Pistols

Yep, I downloaded the PDFs with the reloading data. Our home game bases damage on caliber, so .50 does 3d6. Then we have a mechanic we use for penetration and that thing is fairly nasty.

Example. .45 ACP is 3d6-1d6 RKA, +1 STUN, with a x2 AR. That means that any resistand defense is doubled against it. The .45 ACP is not a good penetrator.

The .50 Alaksan works out to be 3d6 RKA, +2 STUN, x1 AR. It'll hurt people bad.

A .50 cal MG round is 3d6 RKA, +3 STUN with 8 points of piercing (it ignores the first 8 points of armor).

Sounds like you're using a system similar to Fox1's firearms stats.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the AR just fine' date=' IIRC the .45 acp conversions are straight blowback like the 9mm Colt smg. THat is a sweet handling gun, though not as easy to carry slung in my opinion. Great pointing characteristics, my first burst from the hip was 4" low at about 40 feet. dead on for windage.[/quote']

I don't really worry about carrying anything slung. I worry about getting it out of the closet and using it while peeing myself. :D Perhaps I'll reconsider this, as I may purchase an AR of some type in the future if some of these reliability upgrades are put into production.

I'll have to take a look at the sidewinder. I'm basing my opinion mostly on the USC-45 that H&K put out, I really wanted that gun.

I admit that the carbine based on the 1911 that I fired felt clunky. The biggest problem I recall was what sounded like a huge spring in the stock' date=' it just made it an odd experience.[/quote']

Yeah, I had that same experience. In the case of the one I fired, part of the stock, where it was epoxied, had broken, and it was a metal hitting metal sound from the small crack. I didn't even notice it until I examined it after trying to figure out where the pinging was coming from.

I don't really worry about carrying anything slung. I worry about getting it out of the closet and using it while peeing myself. :D Perhaps I'll reconsider this, as I may purchase an AR of some type in the future if some of these reliability upgrades are put into production.

I'll have to take a look at the sidewinder. I'm basing my opinion mostly on the USC-45 that H&K put out, I really wanted that gun.

Yeah, I had that same experience. In the case of the one I fired, part of the stock, where it was epoxied, had broken, and it was a metal hitting metal sound from the small crack. I didn't even notice it until I examined it after trying to figure out where the pinging was coming from.

The sidewinder was an SMG that was designed to be used one handed, a couple were being carried on the Attempted hostage Rescue that lead to the desert One Fiasco. The Delta Force guys wanted something they could fire one handed while doing a fast rappel down ropes from helicopters, apparently.

It was sort of an "arm pistol" like the original BUshmaster, though in 9mm or .45 rather than 5.56. Also much sleeker.

The sidewinder was an SMG that was designed to be used one handed, a couple were being carried on the Attempted hostage Rescue that lead to the desert One Fiasco. The Delta Force guys wanted something they could fire one handed while doing a fast rappel down ropes from helicopters, apparently.

It was sort of an "arm pistol" like the original BUshmaster, though in 9mm or .45 rather than 5.56. Also much sleeker.

I looked and made several searches and couldn't find it. Just a lot of other stuff. Oh well. :confused::doi:

Same here.

That is an ugly looking gun.

As usual, Cox allows different people different access rates.....I guess that I paid my bill on time this month, it only took about two seconds for it to show up on my screen.:D

And yes, That is an ugly gun.

:doi:

Yeah, I'm using IE as well, but I have a firewall and privacy software as well as activex, applets, and java on permission only... so maybe that's it. It might be cookie intensive or something. I'm on a cable-modem so it isn't speed. =)

Yeah' date=' it is ugly, but I'll bet it is sweet for point shooting. The original gun had no sights iirc, and was simply a bullet hose for close combat.[/quote']

It can be found, complete with old HERO stats and a picture, in The Armory, that great resource from back in the 80's :D

And IIRC, Glen Frey used one in the Smugglers Blues episode to provide cover fire for Crockett & Tubbs while spouting the line "Violence! Man, I HATE violence!"

Arrrrgh, it burns speakith not that name... :D

Man that guy actually made me start disliking gun threads, what an attitude.

Yep, I know the guy. Actually he was a pretty good GM but the attitude was something else. Basically if you had a differing opinion, you had to be wrong and that was all there was to it. He moved away from Oklahoma City about ten years ago and I think I have almost gotten back to normal. ;)

The firearm system I use borrows heavily from the stuff he cooked up but there are differences (blasphemy) which he would consider a corruption of his perfect system. I kept what I liked and changed what I didn't.

Yep' date=' I know the guy....which he would consider a corruption of his [i']perfect[/i] system.

You know that you will forever burn for those blasphemous words!:hush:

You do remember that the other half has relations still here?:eek:

You must say at LEAST 10 Hail M's:D

1) Why on Earth would anyone use Java for a single still picture?

2) That gun is so ugly that using it would improve the troops combat effectiveness, because they wouldn't want to leave any witnesses that saw them carrying it!

EAA still makes 10mm pistols, they feel wonderful in my hand.

There is a company that makes a "carbine" that uses a 1911 as its basis.

THere are also companies that build .45 acp AR 15s, iirc.

The last time I fired 10mm pistols was back in 90-91 or so... right before the FBI went with the .40. Compared the Glock in 9mm, 10mm and .45 as well as firing the Elite.

I loved the 10mm, and was bummed when it quickly fell out of mainstream use after the .40 was adopted. The 10mm was such a smooth fire compared to the .45... at least in my experience. While I like my Kimber... I'd prefer a 10mm if I could get one.

For a .40 I'd stick with Sig P229. Just can't go wrong with a Sig.

I loved the 10mm' date=' and was bummed when it quickly fell out of mainstream use after the .40 was adopted. The 10mm was such a smooth fire compared to the .45... at least in my experience. While I like my Kimber... I'd prefer a 10mm if I could get one.[/quote']

Actually, I think Kimber makes one in 10mm, but I could be mistaken. You could get the best of both worlds. :D I do agree that the .45 isn't the smoothest, but the action of the 1911 isn't exactly condusive to smooth operation. Which is why I always laugh when someone talks about how smooth their 1911 is, considering it just batters the round into the chamber like that.

As for sigs... I like them, but they're a bit bulky, and I'm not a huge fan of the double action mechanism. I love how reliable and accurate they are, though. Whether single-action or double-action or even whatever you call the Glock/XD actions, I just like to have the same trigger pull each time. I can deal with the double-action switch, just prefer not to. Which is why revolvers are also on my list of handguns I really like.

Too bad no one I know has a 10mm so I could at least try it. *sigh* Ammo is expensive, though. :doi:

The last time I fired 10mm pistols was back in 90-91 or so... right before the FBI went with the .40. Compared the Glock in 9mm, 10mm and .45 as well as firing the Elite.

I loved the 10mm, and was bummed when it quickly fell out of mainstream use after the .40 was adopted. The 10mm was such a smooth fire compared to the .45... at least in my experience. While I like my Kimber... I'd prefer a 10mm if I could get one.

For a .40 I'd stick with Sig P229. Just can't go wrong with a Sig.

Check Kimber's website. IIRC they made a run of 10mms a year or so ago...

Might still be some around.

If there is a Gun show near you, see if you can handle the Witness though.

I don't have huge hands. THe GLock 10mm was too big in the grip for me, but the Witness just plain felt GOOD!:D:eg:

15+1 rounds of 10mm in a 34 once empty weight pistol? :D:eg: