Teen Champions Starting Level?

CrosshairCollie

Re: Teen Champions Starting Level?

Yep, you can... though they suggest some things, like "no power frameworks" that limit it somewhat. A bunch of suggestions in there that bring the power level down... but I don't think that they're necessarily required. I can easily see teen heroes who are just as strong as their adult counterparts... just a lot more focused in how they do it/less flexibility.

I start teen champions at 75pts + 75 disads for 150pt characters. NO VPP, limited multipowers/elemental powers (with GM permission). Limit powers to 50 active points and limit ED/PD/SPD/OCV.

I like the characters weak vs a 350pt villian and then they are forced to work together, but on the other hand, in my game most of the time they are up against normal humans with guns.

I recently started a Teen Champions game and according to the books it is 100 + 100 and they reccomend a lot of limitations on powers with active points around 50.

However, after playing a couple of sessions I boosted my teens up to 150 + 125, less limations requirements, and active points of around 60.

I discovered, for me, I like the higher level because at the low level they can't come near to handling any of the CKC villains and even a couple of agents pose great threats. At the higher level I have far more options of what villains I throw at them and it feels more like a comic book teen group.

I admit that this is just for me and I might be the odd man out, but I thought I would tell you what someone else did.