Question for Killer Shrike or Edsel

Truthsayer

Re: Question for Killer Shrike or Edsel

I was on your site looking at your xmen writeups and I think they're great! I have a question about Cyclops though. What is the side effect in his optic blast? I can't figure it out.

I have the write up the we use in game (Me and Edsel co-GM the group depending on Genre) and I don't see any Side-Effects. Linky? It would help to see the specific write up.

That write-up was done at least seven or eight years ago. It has been through several revisions as well. I am at work so I don't have access to the sheet either and its been years since I used the character. I suspect it has to do with his being unable to control his optic blasts without his visor. If he loses that focus he is either blind (eyes closed) or he automatically makes a full-power RKA (eyes open).

I'm just going to have to dig up the character sheet when I get home and take a look at it. I can't find the character on Killer Shrike's website. I am pretty muching guessing at how it was written up. I didn't even do the original for the character. It is based on an older write-up that Fox1 did a long, long time ago. It is supposed to be the Silver/Bronze age version of Scott.

Thanks. But looking at the sheet I see no side effect limitation either. The all or nothing stuff I mentioned earlier is done as a physical limitation disadvantage.

Yep; thats why Im not sure what he's talking about.

Personally I would handle Cyclops's Visor as a Partially Limited Buy-off of an Always On Limitation, as shown in the "Uncontrollable Eyebeams" Power in the sidebar on page 18 of the CHAMPIONS Genre book.

Re: Question for Killer Shrike

Not sure what you mean' date=' but in fact the Cyclops write up was done by Edsel.[/quote']

... is based on an older write-up that Fox1 did a long' date=' long time ago. [/quote']

So Fox1 should pop in any day now to say his write-up was actually just a revision of somebody else's character, who based it off of .... LOL

I wouldn't be surprised to find this chain of credit reaching back to before Stan Lee was even born.

So Fox1 should pop in any day now to say his write-up was actually just a revision of somebody else's character' date=' who based it off of .... LOL[/quote']

We were all one big happy gaming group back in the 90s.... I have a theory that Oklahoma City may act as some sort of mystical central nexus to draw Hero gamers into its grasp. To date, I have played in 4 or 5 Hero Game Groups within the city (some of them with 6-8 members) and I know of at least another 3 groups that are active. Heck, just think that some of the board luminaries like Agent X, Champsguy, and Hawksmor all game somewhere within a few miles of Edsel, Fox1, and myself.... Actually, Hawksmore and Fox1 moved.

I know for a fact that this version of Cyclops orignated with Fox1. Among other problem he suffered from favoritism. He and his wife would often play the parts of Cyclops and Jean Grey, as a result they were probably a little better than they ought to have been. My modifications to the sheet brought it more in line with the rest of our X-Men write-ups.

We were all one big happy gaming group back in the 90s.... I have a theory that Oklahoma City may act as some sort of mystical central nexus to draw Hero gamers into its grasp. To date' date=' I have played in 4 or 5 Hero Game Groups within the city (some of them with 6-8 members) and I know of at least another 3 groups that are active. Heck, just think that some of the board luminaries like Agent X, Champsguy, and Hawksmor all game somewhere within a few miles of Edsel, Fox1, and myself.... Actually, Hawksmore and Fox1 moved.[/quote']

Can ya maybe ask one or two of those groups ta move up here ta Boise? We only have 3 players, total. We could use another 4 or 5 players (and maybe a GM or two). :D