No Powers Until Recovery

McCoy

We say that Hero can model anything.

Very obscure hero from the 60's, Pureheart the Powerful. His "kryptonite" was kissing. If kissed by a beautiful girl, his powere were deactivated until he could "catch his breath."

So powers that turn off until you can take a REC. Some variation on stunned without losing STUN pips? Vulnerability? Limitation on the power? Could just handwave it, but I'm interested in seeing how Herodom Assembled would handle it.

Thanking everyone in advance for your help!

Re: No Powers Until Recovery

Did he exhibit any other effects besides losing his powers? Swooning, perhaps?

If it's just power loss, then it's a limitation on the powers (probably -1/4 if it happens a lot, otherwise -0.) If it has effects beyond power loss, those additional effects can perhaps be modeled with a Susceptibility (instant) or else a Phys Lim disad.

OIHID and Accidental Change. He returns (or assumes) hero ID by 'catching his breath'' date=' i.e. taking a Recovery. Not, he must take a Recovery as an action, post segment 12 doesn't count.[/quote']

Sounds good, as the character already has OIHID and accidental change. Just in the case of that accidental change, his outfit doesn't go away.

Definately with a Disad (as opposed to a Limitation).

My first thought was Physical Limitation, but I kind of like the Accidental Change idea. I've recently been using Accidental Change for a lot of odd effects that I hadn't ever considered before, and it's turning out to be a rather useful little Disad.

I would class this as a physical limitations with frequency based on how often he getscaught between kiss and recovery (which leaves you more room to define it in terms other than "takes a recovery" which is an extremely narrow window.) and severity being pretty high assuming he is a power based character, not a skills type.

I am hesitant to powers limitations based on choice, and "being kissed" in this regard is likely at least partly choice, since the savings from even a -1/4 is pretty steep for what is basically a rarely occuring event.

phys lim rare and serious to major would weigh in at 10-15 cp worth of disad.

-1/4 on all his superpowers would weigh in, assuming 200 pts of powers in your 350 pt super, at around 40 cp of extra powers.

the former seems more in line with the "weight" of the problems caused.

ymmv.

if a player did convince me to allow it as a lim on the powers, a whole lot of margana kissing bandit involuntary flybys (are there rules for "smooch-bys") would be in order.