Smith. AGENT ... Smith.

Wyrm Ouroboros

He can access anyone still hardwired into the system, he can become that person. He'll have cool glasses and a fully loaded .50 cal Desert Eagle. Even if you just killed his 'host body', he'll appear pristine moments later in someone else's body -- his gun fully loaded and in its shoulder holster, his glasses unbroken.

Dodging bullets and a fully-loaded clip I can model. What I can't model is that body-jumping re-loading thing. Thoughts?

Re: Smith. AGENT ... Smith.

Bunch of ways to do it, but the simplest is an AI with targeting senses and an indirect Transformation attack. The AI decides when it needs a new Smith and transforms someone in the appropriate area. You can also do it as a triggered Transformation attack purchased by Smith (transforms someone nearby when he dies; AOE:1 Hex Accurate and Megascale should guarantee a hit, as per the Ultimate Mystic). Resurrection at a sufficiently high level would work, as would triggered duplication or summoning, but both would require you to hand-wave the loss of a nearby NPC as a special effect.

I have something akin to Agents in my campaign, only they police the multiverse. They usually appear by taking over a body and Transforming it to become an agent as a Plot Device (aka Not a Written Power).

Yeah... what I was looking for was not an Agent run by an overseeing computer, but how you'd do this as a character's power-set.

Essentially, it's a form of possession; presuming that can be done, then so can this. I've theorized Desol ... Transform, perhaps? In another thread, the power that Transforms the target into their body, your mind (with a side effect of your body, their mind) is talked about; how about a temporary sort of thing where a Desolid, Invisible 'spirit form' or 'psychic pattern' Transforms a target into 'Agent X' -- with, of course, all of Agent X's abilities and accoutrements -- that 'heals' when the person is either a) killed or B) let go? In either case, the psychic pattern is going to go looking for another puppet to work through.

Cost a hell of a lot, though, pointwise.