Heroes for HERO?

Susano

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Heroes for HERO?

Just whipped this together quickly, figured Claire would be the easiest.

Claire Bennet

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

10 STR 0 11- Lift 100.0kg; 2d6 HTH damage [1]

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

15 CON 10 12-

12 BODY 4 11-

13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-

12 EGO 4 11- ECV: 4

12 PRE 2 11- PRE Attack: 2d6

16 COM 3 12-

2 PD 0 Total: 2 PD (0 rPD)

3 ED 0 Total: 3 ED (0 rED)

3 SPD 0 Phases: 4, 8, 12

20 REC 30

30 END 0

25 STUN 0 Total Characteristics Cost: 86

Movement: Running: 8"/[Noncombat]"

Leaping: 2"/[Noncombat]"

Swimming: 2"/[Noncombat]"

Cost Powers END

102 Healing 10 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection, Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (281 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2) 0

4 Good Runner: Running +2" (8" total) 1

Perks

5 Money: Well Off

Skills

3 Acrobatics 13-

3 Teamwork 13-

Everyman Skills

0 1) AK: Texas 8-

0 2) Acting 8-

0 3) Climbing 8-

0 4) Concealment 8-

0 5) Conversation 8-

0 6) Deduction 8-

0 7) Native Language: English (idiomatic; Literate) (4 Active Points)

0 8) PS: High School Student (Everyman Skill) 11-

0 9) Paramedics 8-

0 10) Persuasion 8-

0 11) Shadowing 8-

0 12) Stealth 8-

0 13) TF: Small Motorized Ground Vehicles

Total Powers & Skills Cost: 117

Total Cost: 203

100+ Disadvantages

15 Hunted: Father 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

15 Hunted: Syler 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: other Heroes 8- (As Pow, Save the Cheerleader)

35 Save the Cheerleader, Save the World Bonus

10 Social Limitation: Cheerleader (Frequently, Minor)

15 Social Limitation: Legal Minor (Frequently, Major)

Total Disadvantage Points: 203

To me Claire would probably have less Regen and some Damage Resistance and some Damage Reduction, to model the fact that she just kind of gets up and keeps going. While she hasn't (and can't) bounce bullets, she's shown that her injuries don't really keep her down. I would talk about some incidents and put them under the spoiler button, but I have no clue how*G*

To me Claire would probably have less Regen and some Damage Resistance and some Damage Reduction' date=' to model the fact that she just kind of gets up and keeps going. While she hasn't (and can't) bounce bullets, she's shown that her injuries don't really keep her down. I would talk about some incidents and put them under the spoiler button, but I have no clue how*G*[/quote']

Spoilers are done like this: (spoiler) Text that you want covered by the spoiler (/spoiler), with [ and ] instead of ( and ). Or just click the quote button and see how I do it here. :)

Shouldn't there be a limitation on the regen for when there's a foreign object in Claire's brain?

For those of you talking about waiting for the DVD - did you know that all the episodes are watchable here? They seem to get the latest one up within a few days of when it first airs. The commercials are a minor annoyance, but it's great for those of us that don't own TVs, or have schedules that conflict.

Edit: Dangit. Looks they took down the first seven episodes since the last time I was there. The last five are still up, plus the last episode with cast commentary voiceover.

How is being a cheerleader a social disadvantage? I just don't see it on the same level as some other "real" 10 point social disadvantages....

Good catch, I missed that. I agree. If anything it's a good reputation, plus a minor "rival" type Hunted from the "other" cheerleader, when, uhm, when it applied. And you can't get Hunted points for people who are hunting you to help save you, that's just silly.

You could increase the frequency of appearance of her dad's Watched, though.

D.L., Nathan, and Matt should have pretty straightforward power builds, too; anyone want to take a shot?

Thanks Transhuman

Shouldn't there be a limitation on the regen for when there's a foreign object in Claire's brain?

Responding under the spoiler

Probably. She can't ressurect when something would interfere with her actually being alive: Foreign object in brain, no air to breathe, etc.

Pls watch the spoilers. :D

Why?

I don't mean to be a pain, but why would anyone go to a thread that discusses a show if they didn't want to talk about or hear about the show? Heroes is the only show to my knowledge that does this. If you don't want to know about the show in advance, wait until you have seen the episodes before going to a thread that talks about them. If I don't want to know anything about a movie before I have seen it, I don't go to a thread that talks about it. I wait.

It's like walking into a room where everyone is talking about what happened on a show last night, insinuating yourself into the conversation and then insisting that everyone whisper or talk about something else. If you don't want to know, don't look.

I know we have these neat spoiler tags. They are useful in some situations, but it's a pain in the neck to read a thread that is littered with them in every other post.

Susano asked for write-ups. Admittedly, he's on episode three, but he probably is not too worried about spoilers in his own thread if he's asking for write-ups.

Gojira, this was not directed specifically at you. Please don't think I'm picking on you. It's just that I see this all the time in the main Heroes thread and I just can't understand it.

Keith "Am I crazy?" Curtis

Actually, I want to try my hand at write-ups once i get to Episode 11+. What I'm interested in is designs for the powers the characters have. For example, based on the scene where [correction] Nathan flies away from Horn-Rimmed Glasses and Mr. Erase-Your-Mind he has a lot of Flight and a Combat Acceleration Adder (right?)

And you can't get Hunted points for people who are hunting you to help save you' date=' that's just silly[/quote']

When you have a Watched it doesn't have to be because of nefarious reasons. I see no reason why you can't get points for people monitoring you without your knowledge, no matter what their motive is. You don't dispute that her Father's Hunted is valid. He wants to save her,too. He just uses more insideous methods.

Grimble

And you can't get Hunted points for people who are hunting you to help save you' date=' that's just silly[/quote']

When you have a Watched it doesn't have to be because of nefarious reasons. I see no reason why you can't get points for people monitoring you without your knowledge, no matter what their motive is. You don't dispute that her Father's Hunted is valid. He wants to save her,too. He just uses more insideous methods.

Grimble

For example' date=' based on the scene where Peter flies away from Horn-Rimmed Glasses and Mr. Erase-Your-Mind he has a lot of Flight and a Combat Acceleration Adder (right?)[/quote']

Right!

That was a great scene. Actually, thinking of the end of that flight and a few other things...Hiro needs at least 2-3 dice of Luck. He's always in the right place at the right time (Maybe bought in his Time power MP or EC). He saw the bomb go off and the date...was the only one to see Nathan land...happens upon the comic book that shows his future...

Grimble

Grimble

Yeah, but it wasn't listed as a "Watched"; her father's was. A full point Hunted should be for an enemy trying to do you harm. Even her father is doing her harm, while at the same time trying to protect her. All the "Save the cheerleader" folks are just trying to find her, not uncover her secrets, and they get full points?

Right!

That was a great scene. Actually, thinking of the end of that flight and a few other things...Hiro needs at least 2-3 dice of Luck. He's always in the right place at the right time (Maybe bought in his Time power MP or EC). He saw the bomb go off and the date...was the only one to see Nathan land...happens upon the comic book that shows his future...

Grimble

There are an implausible number of coincidences bringing the heroes/mutants* together - (minor spoilers ahoy!) Hiro's friend Ando just happens to be a fan of Nikki/Jessica, out of all the strippers on the internet. Peter just happens to be caregiver for the father of Isaac's girlfriend/dealer, who falls in love with them both. Hiro just happens to go into two different restaurants on the same trip - the diner where he sees Nathan fly, and another that just happens to employ another of the mutants (the eidetic memory waitress). Not to mention all the Linderman connections. Nathan (or was it Peter? Or both? Details are getting fuzzy) gets into a cab driven by Mohinder. Peter just happens to be where he can see invisible guy. Heck, NYC itself seems to have the same place in the metahuman scheme of things that it has in the Marvel Universe (with Las Vegas coming in second place). So, it's not just Hiro, though he does seem to run into more of them accidentally.

I wouldn't be surprised if some force is bringing them together. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it's just Plot Necessity, either.

*The heroes' powers are explicitly the result of a mutation, yet the show firmly avoids using that word. I'm reminded of the not-zombies in the movie 28 Days Later... ;)

Character Name: Claire Bennett
Player Name: Hayden Panettiere.

CHARACTERISTICS CHARACTER IMAGE 
Val Char Base Points Total Roll Notes 
8 STR 10 -2 8 11- HTH Damage 1 1/2d6 END [1] 
13 DEX 10 9 13 12- OCV 4 DCV 4 
23 CON 10 26 23 14- 
9 BODY 10 -2 9 11- 
13 INT 10 3 13 12- PER Roll 12- 
14 EGO 10 8 14 12- ECV: 5 
10 PRE 10 0 10 11- PRE Attack: 2d6 
16 COM 10 3 16 12- 

8 PD 2 6 8/10 8/10 PD (0/2 rPD) 
8 ED 5 3 8/10 8/10 ED (0/2 rED) 
3 SPD 2.3 7 3 Phases: 4, 8, 12 
10 REC 7 6 10 
46 END 46 0 46 
25 STUN 25 0 25 
6" Running 6 0 6" 
2" Swimming 2 0 2" 
2" Leaping 2 1 2 1/2" 68 Total Characteristics Points 

Base Points: 75 
Disad Points: 100 
Total Points: 175 

MOVEMENT 
Type Total 
Run (6) 6" [12" NC] 
Swim (2) 2" [4" NC] 
H. Leap (2") 2 1/2" 
V. Leap (1") 1" 

APPEARANCE 
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Green
Height: 1.54 m 
Weight: 55.00 kg 

POWERS 
Cost Power END 
43 Healing 4 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (130 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), Restrainable (Only by means other than Grabs and Entangles; injured body parts must be somewhat aligned in place before healing begins, brain must not have any foreign objects in it, etc...; -1/4) 0 
14 Life Support (Extended Breathing: 1 END per Turn; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Longevity: 200 Years; Safe in High Radiation) 0 
6 Healing Factor Kicks in Quickly: Armor (2 PD/2 ED) 0 
2 Keeps her Cool when the heat is on: +5 PRE (5 Active Points); Limited Power Presence Defense only (-1) 
65 Total Powers Cost 

SKILLS 
Cost Name 
3 Acrobatics 12- 
0 Acting 8- 
0 AK: Odessa, Texas (Everyman Skill) 11- 
3 Breakfall 12- 
3 Climbing 12- 
0 Concealment 8- 
1 Contortionist 8- 
0 Deduction 8- 
0 Language: English (idiomatic) (4 Active Points) 
0 Paramedics 8- 
0 Persuasion 8- 
2 PS: Cheerleading 11- 
1 PS: HandyCam Operator 8- 
0 PS: Student (Everyman Skill) 11- 
3 Shadowing 12- 
3 Stealth 12- 
1 Teamwork 8- 
1 TF: Small Motorized Ground Vehicles 
21 Total Skills Cost 
PERKS 
Cost Name 
4 Contact: Peter Petrelli (Contact has useful Skills or resources, Very Good relationship with Contact) 8- 
4 Contact: The Haitian Dude (Contact has very useful Skills or resources) 11- 
10 Contact: Her Dad, Mr Bennett (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact limited by identity, Very Good relationship with Contact) 13- 
18 Total Perks Cost 
TALENTS 
Cost Name 
3 Lightning Reflexes: +2 DEX to act first with All Actions 
3 Total Talents Cost 
DISADVANTAGES 
Cost Disadvantage 
10 Dependent NPC: Zach, best friend 8- (Normal) 
20 Dependent NPC: Family members 8- (Normal; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs) 
5 Distinctive Features: "Special" (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses) 
5 Distinctive Features: Uniform (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 
15 Hunted: Mr Bennet, her Dad 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching) 
10 Psychological Limitation: Curious about her past/real parents (Uncommon, Strong) 
10 Psychological Limitation: Protective of Innocents (Common, Moderate) 
5 Reputation: "Hangs out with Freaks", 11- (Known Within local Odessa High School Community) 
0 Rivalry: Professional (Jackie Wilcox; Rival is Less Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry) 
10 Social Limitation: Minor, less than 16 (Frequently, Minor) 
10 Social Limitation: Secret, has Powers (Occasionally, Major) 

100 Total Disadvantages Cost

60 Healing 4 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (120 Active Points); Self Only (-1/2) 0 Always on -1/2

"Always On" isn't a valid limitation for Regen. Also, there needs to be a Extra Time limitation (she heals really fast, so it's the minimum per Turn. But... there does seem to be a limitation that she can't heal if she's being kept "dead" (i.e. doesn't start healing until the stick is removed from her head/brain). This isn't part of the Resurrection limitations, since that requires something to actually, permanently kill her (for example, she heals back quickly from a burn, but if totally incinerated? She's gone....).

Yeah' date=' but it wasn't listed as a "Watched"; her father's was. A full point Hunted should be for an enemy trying to do you harm. Even her father is doing her harm, while at the same time trying to protect her. All the "Save the cheerleader" folks are just trying to [i']find[/i] her, not uncover her secrets, and they get full points?

Agreed. It should be at Watched Lvl. I would say that they are trying to uncover her secrets, as far as they are all trying to find out what the heck is going on. You do have a point, though.

Grimble