Height:  1.80 m 
Weight:  75.00 kg 
Description: 

COMBAT INFORMATION  
OCV: 5 DCV: 5 

Combat Skill Levels: +2 with Grabs, Hold and Choke  

POWERS  
Cost  Power END 
58 My Gift: Elemental Control, 202-point powers, (101 Active Points); all slots No Range (-1/2), Restrainable (Only by means other than Grabs and Entangles (certain drugs, etc...); -1/4)  
31 1) Mind Control 9d6, Telepathic (+1/4), Indirect (Same origin, always fired away from attacker; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; +1), Area Of Effect (28" Radius; +1 1/4), Selective (+1/4) (202 Active Points); Limited Power Only to compell target to "switch off" powers (-1), Stops Working If Mentalist Is Stunned (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Restrainable (Only by means other than Grabs and Entangles (certain drugs, etc...); -1/4) 0 
24 2) Major Transform 6d6 (Memories into other Memories, Undetermined), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense applies; +1) (202 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Minute, -1 1/2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; -1), No Range (-1/2), Restrainable (Only by means other than Grabs and Entangles (certain drugs, etc...); -1/4) 9 
58 3) Force Wall (20 Mental Defense; 10" long and 10" tall) (Alterable Size, Opaque Mental Group), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Indirect (Same origin, always fired away from attacker; +1/4), Invisible Power Effects, SFX Only (Fully Invisible; +1/2) (202 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Restrainable (Only by means other than Grabs and Entangles (certain drugs, etc...); -1/4) 18 

10 Mental Awareness, Targeting 0 
1 Mental Defense (5 points total) 0 
3 Grabs, Holds and Chokes: +7 STR (7 Active Points); Limited Power only to improve Grabs, Holds and Chokes (-1), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) 1 
11 Choke Hold: Energy Blast 3d6, No Normal Defense (Self-contained breathing or rigid throat protection; +1/2) (22 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Limited Power must put target in a choke hold (-1/2) 2 
196 Total Powers Cost 

SKILLS  
Cost  Name 
2 AK: Texas 11- 
0 AK: Haiti (Everyman Skill) 11- 
1 Breakfall 8- 
3 Climbing 12- 
3 Concealment 12- 
0 Conversation 8- 
0 Deduction 8- 
6 +2 with Grabs, Hold and Choke 
3 Interrogation 12- 
2 KS: Voudou 11- 
2 KS: The Superhuman World 11- 
0 Language: French (idiomatic) (4 Active Points) 
3 Language: English (completely fluent) 
2 Language: Creole/Patois (fluent conversation) 
0 Paramedics 8- 
0 Persuasion 8- 
5 Power: "My Gift" 14- 
0 PS: Paper Factory Worker (Everyman Skill) 11- 
3 Shadowing 12- 
9 +3 with Concealment, Stealth and Shadowing 
9 +3 with "My Gift" EC 
3 Stealth 12- 
3 Streetwise 12- 
1 Tactics 8- 
3 Teamwork 12- 
3 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Two-Wheeled Motorized Ground Vehicles 
4 WF: Common Melee Weapons, Small Arms 
70 Total Skills Cost 
PERKS  
Cost  Name 
3 Anonymity 
2 Deep Cover 
1 False Identity 
3 Fringe Benefit: Improved Equipment Availability Street-Level equipment 
12 Contact: The Primatech "Paper Company" (Contact has useful Skills or resources), Organization Contact (x3) (12 Active Points) 12- 
21 Total Perks Cost 
DISADVANTAGES  
Cost  Disadvantage 
5 Dependent NPC: Claire Bennett 8- (Slightly Less Powerful than the PC) 
5 Distinctive Features: Shaved Head (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 
5 Distinctive Features: Haitian accent (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 
5 Distinctive Features: Tattoo on Neck (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 
5 Distinctive Features: "Special" (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses) 
15 Hunted: Mr. Bennett/Horned Rim Glasses Man/Primatech Paper 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching) 
15 Psychological Limitation: Sense of Duty to "Primatech"/Mr. Bennett (Common, Strong) 
10 Psychological Limitation: Rarely talks (Common, Moderate) 
5 Psychological Limitation: His Powers are a Gift (Uncommon, Moderate) 
5 Reputation: believed to be Mute, 11- (Known Only To A Small Group) 
15 Social Limitation: Subject to Orders from Primatech Paper (Frequently, Major) 
10 Social Limitation: Secret- has Powers (Occasionally, Major) 
100 Total Disadvantages Cost 

Re: Heroes for HERO?

The updated master list of writeups and hdcs...

Claire Bennett, the regenerating cheerleader: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1262400&postcount=22

Matt Parker, the telepathic cop: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1263716&postcount=53

Nathan Petrelli, the flying Congressman: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1263785&postcount=54

DL Hawkins, the phasing father: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1264314&postcount=55

Isaac Mendez, the precognitive painter: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1266317&postcount=69

The mysterious Haitian: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1270252&postcount=77

I don't think the Haitian has ever displayed the ability to make someone's powers not work although he does appear to have a Mental Powers Suppression field of some sort which would also get rid of the Force Wall.

I also don't see Claire as being a DNPC. He could simply be using her to some personal end. Are accents legal DFs? I guess they would be. I'll have to keep that in mind.

I don't think the Haitian has ever displayed the ability to make someone's powers not work although he does appear to have a Mental Powers Suppression field of some sort which would also get rid of the Force Wall.

Good point. He's countered Eden and Matt's abilities, but not Nathan's. I'm not sure if he countered Sylar's powers before they abducted him. I suspect I may have to revise the write up as we learn more about him.

I think that was definitely Eden's doing regarding Sylar. Her powers seemed to start working before she even spoke in every instance that she used them.

Well, the Haitian was almost certainly countering Sylar's telekinetic abilities when he was in the cell at the paper factory.

The big problem is that we don't know everything about the Haitian or Sylar yet. I'll be doing a revision of the Haitian, for sure, once we learn more.

Since TK is a mental power in this instance, that was another example of the Suppression field for sure. I'm curious if the suppression field is actually the Haitian making the person 'forget' how to access the power or if it is more a genuine suppression. Even more interesting I wonder what would happen if the Haitian encountered the cyber telepath? What would be neat is if he couldn't suppress it because her power only works on machines.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you doing this in Hero Designer?

I'd like to make a Heroes section for the website, and these would be a good start.

What would we call this section, anyway?

Heroes HERO?

And what would supplements look like?

"Coming soon: The Heroes HERO Hiro Sourcebook! Featuring all things Hiro for Heroes HERO!"

- The Real Foxbat

Well, the Haitian was almost certainly countering Sylar's telekinetic abilities when he was in the cell at the paper factory.

The big problem is that we don't know everything about the Haitian or Sylar yet. I'll be doing a revision of the Haitian, for sure, once we learn more.

Hmm. It just occurred to me that there's some circumstantial evidence that the Haitian's whammy is non-directional/all-or-nothing. The only reasons I can think of that the MIB didn't deal with Sylar by just having Eden tell him "Sit there and don't use any powers" are 1) The writers didn't think of it, or 2) They didn't want to risk even the two seconds of Sylar being unsuppressed that it would take for Eden to neuter him, which implies that the H couldn't suppress him without also suppressing Eden.

On the other hand, it was criminally stupid for Eden to not have been fully authorized and encouraged to neuter Sylar that way ("don't use any powers" is nothing like "take this gun and kill yourself"), once the Haitian was gone. And they didn't do that, so it seems likely the writers didn't think of it or hoped we wouldn't so they could railroad the plot.

One thing we learned from the last episode is that the Haitian's powers can cause brain damage with repeated exposure.

How would you simulate that? Side Effects?

- The Real Foxbat

I do not remember seeing the Haitian there with HRG during that scene. He was there when they captured Sylar, though.

The problem is, since this "suppression field" does not seem to be a visible power (i.e. there are no visible indications that it is active, or who is using it), we cannot be sure that it is in fact the Haitian that is doing it.

It is interesting to note that the Haitian does not speak to or near HRG, but he did speak to Claire -- a Reputation, perhaps?

A gradual effect transform' date=' surely.[/quote']

Meh. Considering the base power can only be used on someone who is pretty much helpless, anyway ("he has to touch your head", from my poor memory, and it's not at all instant)... the brain damage thing will never be used intentionally, or be desirable. He could just kill anyone he was able to use the power on in the first place, if that's all he wanted to do. So I'd go with side effect myself.

Hmm. It just occurred to me that there's some circumstantial evidence that the Haitian's whammy is non-directional/all-or-nothing. The only reasons I can think of that the MIB didn't deal with Sylar by just having Eden tell him "Sit there and don't use any powers" are 1) The writers didn't think of it, or 2) They didn't want to risk even the two seconds of Sylar being unsuppressed that it would take for Eden to neuter him, which implies that the H couldn't suppress him without also suppressing Eden.

On the other hand, it was criminally stupid for Eden to not have been fully authorized and encouraged to neuter Sylar that way ("don't use any powers" is nothing like "take this gun and kill yourself"), once the Haitian was gone. And they didn't do that, so it seems likely the writers didn't think of it or hoped we wouldn't so they could railroad the plot.

Eden's power didn't work on Sylar. It was the Haitian that stopped Sylar.

Dusty

i Don't think the Haitian is the one with the power suppress I'm pretty sure its Mr Bennett.

notice that when ever he wants some one to use a power he always leaves the room.

also that Claire's hand does not heal when in his presence, equally peter petrelli is unable to mimic Claire's power in the jail cell to fix his cough and messed up leg because her dad keeps close by(unless the cough is the mysterious disease Claire had as a baby).

finally the Haitian guy already has a power and everyone in the show has just one power except Sylar and he steals his.

i Don't think the Haitian is the one with the power suppress I'm pretty sure its Mr Bennett.

notice that when ever he wants some one to use a power he always leaves the room.

also that Claire's hand does not heal when in his presence, equally peter petrelli is unable to mimic Claire's power in the jail cell to fix his cough and messed up leg because her dad keeps close by(unless the cough is the mysterious disease Claire had as a baby).

finally the Haitian guy already has a power and everyone in the show has just one power except Sylar and he steals his.

Claire's powers were just getting started in the "6 months ago" episode.

Sylar used his powers on Bennett to escape when the Haitian wasn't around.

The Haitian countered Matt's powers in the bar the first time he saw him. Bennett wasn't around. However, neither was able to stop Nathan from flying in Las Vegas.

The evidence is leaning towards the Haitian having the Mental Suppresion powers.

Eden's power didn't work on Sylar. It was the Haitian that stopped Sylar.

Dusty

Wrong. Just watched that scene again last night. Sylar makes a menacing hand motion (about to use tk) and Eden tells him that he doesn't want to hurt her. Sylar then lowers his hand. Eden also tells him to go to sleep and Sylar begins to relax, although he doesn't fall asleep just yet. Then the Haitian sneaks up behind.

Hi. This is my first post. I've been making up some of the "Heroes" characters in Champions. First off, a disclaimer. I have not played Champions or any roleplaying game in years. Nowadays, making up a character is just a fun thing to do. I didn't worry about Elemental Controls and Skill Enhancers and my character creation was very straightforward, nothing extremely complex. Feel free to ignore my versions of the characters or suggest changes. For whatever reason, the first one I made up was the flying politician. Years (okay decades) ago, I played in a Champions campaign that was basically a "New Universe" style, what would really happen if super powers suddenly appeared in the real world. The GM (still my best friend) was great but the game failed because most of the players wanted nothing more than to put on the costumes and choose the code names, no interest in a realistic approach. But the concept did revolve around each person having one power. I chose flight. Hence my interest in making him up first.

NATHAN PETRELLI

STR 12 (2 pts.), DEX 11 (3 pts.), CON 12 (4 pts.), BODY 11 (2 pts.), INT 12 (2 pts.), EGO 11 (2 pts.), PRE 12 (2 pts.), COMM 14 (2 pts.), PD 3 (1 pt.), ED 3 (1 pt.), SPD 2 (-1 pt.), REC 4 (00 pts.), END 24 (00 pts.), STUN 23 (00 pts.), Characteristics Cost: 20 PTS.

Acting 11 (3 pts,), Bribery 11 (3 pts.), Bureaucratics 14 (9 pts.), Conversation 11 (3 pts.), High Society 11 (3 pts.), Oratory 14 (9 pts.), Persuasion 13 (7 pts.), PS: Politician 14 (9 pts.), Seduction 11 (3 pts.), TF: Cars (1 pt.), Money: $500,000 per year (5 pts.), Skills and Perks Cost: 55 PTS.

Flight 30” (No Endurance) +1/2) (90 pts.), (roughly 20 mph), Flight 2” (No Endurance. +1/2; Mega scale. +1/4) (7 pts.) (roughly 1200 mph), Powers Cost: 97 PTS.

TOTAL: 172 PTS.

Disadvantages: Hunted by Linderman and by “The Company” (more powerful, NCI, public identity) 8- (It is debatable whether they want to enslave/ kill him or simply erase a few details of his memory and watch him so I compromised and gave him the middle one, Mildly Punish) (as we don’t yet know if there is a connection between Linderman and the Company, I listed them as effectively the same Hunted) (+20 pts,),

Psych Lim: Lecherous (uncommon situation but strong reaction) (+10 pts.),

Reputation as a political candidate 14- (limited group) (+10 pts.), (most people outside the East Coast would probably not know who he is),

Harmful Secret (his powers and his affairs for that matter) (+5 pts.)

TOTAL: +45 PTS.

BASE 125 PTS. + 45 PTS. in Disadvantages + 2 experience pts. = 172 PTS.

PETER PETRELLI

STR 10 (00 pts.), DEX 11 (3 pts.), CON 10 (00 pts.), BODY 10 (00 pts.), INT 12 (2 pts.), EGO 11 (2 pts.), PRE 10 (00 pts.), COMM 14 (2 pts.), PD 2 (00 pts.), ED 2 (00 pts.), SPD 2 (-1 pt.), REC 4 (00 pts.), END 20 (00 pts.), STUN 20 (00 pts.), Characteristics Cost: 8 PTS.

High Society 11- (3 pts.), KS: Medicine 11- (3 pts.), Paramedics 14- (9 pts.), PS: Hospice Nurse 14- (9 pts.), SS: Pharmacology 11- (2 pts.), Money: $300,000 a year (not personal income but has access to it due to wealthy family) (3 pts.), Lightning Reflexes +4 (only to act first and only defensively. -2) (4 pts.), Skills, Perks and Talents Cost: 33 PTS.

Variable Power Pool: 90 active pts. (Cosmic: Instant with no skill roll. +2; Must meet a person at least once and is mimicking their powers. It is all or nothing, he cannot partially mimick them. He cannot mix and match powers, he can only mimick one person at a time. -1/2) (270 pts.), Powers Cost: 270 PTS.

TOTAL: 311 PTS.

Disadvantages: Hunted by “The Company” (more powerful, NCI, public identity, hunter wants to enslave or kill) 11- (+30 pts.),

Psych Lim: Driven by his conscience to do the right thing (very common and strong) (+20 pts.),

Harmful Secret: His powers (+5 pts.)

TOTAL: +55 PTS.

BASE 250 + Disadvantages 55 + Experience pts. 6 = 311 PTS.

The VPP and the entire character are, of course, just one opinion. We don’t know enough. At first it seemed he had Transfer, perhaps with range and with no restriction on the special effects and a limit that the other person did not lose the power as he mimicked it. But since it is now established that he has no range limit on it, it is for all practical purposes a VPP.

Edit to add:

Clairsentience at basic roll. Sight only. Precognition. Precognition only. -1; Only through dreams. -1; Vague and unclear. -1/2. (11 pts.)

This was originally meant to be my first post. But here is Nathan Petrelli. Just my opinion of course and I have not actually played Champions in years. Making up characters like this is just an occasional fun hobby.

NATHAN PETRELLI

STR 12 (2 pts.), DEX 11 (3 pts.), CON 12 (4 pts.), BODY 11 (2 pts.), INT 12 (2 pts.), EGO 11 (2 pts.), PRE 12 (2 pts.), COMM 14 (2 pts.), PD 3 (1 pt.), ED 3 (1 pt.), SPD 2 (-1 pt.), REC 4 (00 pts.), END 24 (00 pts.), STUN 23 (00 pts.), Characteristics Cost: 20 PTS.

Acting 11 (3 pts,), Bribery 11 (3 pts.), Bureaucratics 14 (9 pts.), Conversation 11 (3 pts.), High Society 11 (3 pts.), Oratory 14 (9 pts.), Persuasion 13 (7 pts.), PS: Politician 14 (9 pts.), Seduction 11 (3 pts.), TF: Cars (1 pt.), Money: $500,000 per year (5 pts.), Skills and Perks Cost: 55 PTS.

Flight 30” (No Endurance) +1/2) (90 pts.), (roughly 20 mph), Flight 2” (No Endurance. +1/2; Mega scale. +1/4) (7 pts.) (roughly 1200 mph), Powers Cost: 97 PTS.

TOTAL: 172 PTS.

Disadvantages: Hunted by Linderman and by “The Company” (more powerful, NCI, public identity) 8- (It is debatable whether they want to enslave/ kill him or simply erase a few details of his memory and watch him so I compromised and gave him the middle one, Mildly Punish) (as we don’t yet know if there is a connection between Linderman and the Company, I listed them as effectively the same Hunted) (+20 pts,),

Psych Lim: Lecherous (uncommon situation but strong reaction) (+10 pts.),

Reputation as a political candidate 14- (limited group) (+10 pts.), (most people outside the East Coast would probably not know who he is),

Harmful Secret (his powers and his affairs for that matter) (+5 pts.)

BASE 125 PTS. + 45 PTS. in Disadvantages + 2 experience pts. = 172 PTS.

SYLAR

STR 10 (00 pts.), DEX 14 (12 pts.), CON 10 (00 pts.), BODY 11 (2 pts.), INT 13 (3 pts.), EGO 18 (16 pts.), PRE 10 (00 pts.), COMM 12 (1 pt.), PD 2 (00 pts.), ED 2 (00 pts.), SPD 3 (6 pts.), REC 4 (00 pts.), END 20 (00 pts.), STUN 21 (00 pts.), Characteristics Cost: 40 PTS.

Acting 11 (3 pts.), Analyze 17 (13 pts.), Conversation 11 (3 pts.), KS: Psychology 12- (3 pts.), Persuasion 11- (3 pts.), PS: Clock Repair 17- (13 pts.), Simulate Death (3 pts.), Skills and Talents Cost: 41 PTS.

Variable Power Pool: 90 active pts.

(No skill roll required. +1, Can only simulate other people’s powers that he has met. Must kill them and study their brains before he can simulate their powers. All or nothing. Must have enough active points to simulate all of their powers. -1, Must enter ‘Simulate Death’ trance to change powers. Must be the powers of one person, no mixing and matching the powers of different people. -1) (90 pts.),

Damage Reduction 75% Resistant Physical and Energy (120 pts.), Powers Cost: 210 PTS.

TOTAL: 291 PTS.

Hunted by “The Company” and the police (as powerful, NCI, kill or enslave or imprison) 14- (+25 pts.),

Psych Lim: obsessed with hunting down other super beings and killing them to take their powers (Very common and strong) (+20 pts.)

BASE 240 PTS. + Disadvantages 45 + Experience pts. 6 = 291 PTS.

I realize the Damage Reduction is highly debatable but he has been shot point-blank several times and survived. The argument that he puts up a telekinetic shield doesn’t work because, in the official on-line comic, he is shown digging bullets out of himself. He does not regenerate (therefore wanting Claire’s powers) but I had to give him something to make him survive but still wounded.

The only way I could think of to simulate his base power, “I just know how things work”, was with Analyze taken to its ultimate level.