[Campaign] The Dreamwalkers

Lord Mhoram

I'm a month or so away from starting my FH game, and as I pull things together, and the campaign gels, I will post things here, along with a campaign log after it starts :)

The basic background idea for the world was something that was half Swords and Sorcery and half High Fantasy (yeah, I know sort of muddled), and in the end I decided to use a champions/dark champion approach - parts of the setting have one feel, parts another.

The world is pulling out of the dark ages, and there are great swaths of desert and empty space between city states, and some larger areas of civilization. There are still organizations and communication between long distant place.

My magic system feel and background is stolen strait from rolemaster - originally there was one magic "Eldritch" that was just the study of magic. After a huge even that pretty much knocked the world back to the stone age, magic was developed into 3 distinct disciplines - Magic of the Mind, Soul and Body (or Mentalism, Divine, and Arcane). There are other types of magical abilities, but that is the only "spell based" magic. The other types of magic include special abilities that are trained to (such as Ch'i or Holy Knight divine powers), cheap little 1 & 2 pt minor magic (called Knacks) and gifts of the Gods (special magical 'package deals' that follow a theme).

The name for the game comes from an ability that all the PCs will share - they can see things in dreams, and have gained some other specialized talents because of that. They are also figures of prophecy, though no one really knows that yet (The prophecy stuff borrowed heavily in style and tone from David Eddings' Belgariad).

Re: [Campaign] The Dreamwalkers

Now as I am something of a top down world builder - here is the very broad overview of the history of the world. Note that in my world there are not "evil gods". Evil supernatural beings are Demons and Devils. The Unmaker mentioned is actually a force for chaos/entropy. While Evil works for thier own ends, they still do not want the Unmaker to succeed. Yes the name is stolen from Orson Scott Card.

First Age: Age of awakening and the Gods (500 or so years)

Major Events: Gods created world, gods woke up the races, Gods walked among the peoples.

Beginning the polarization of races. Gods have conflict. Gods are beings who create not destroy (although they do break things in their disagreements) they have differing goals .

Event that ended age - first non god using magic

Second Age: Age of great powers (2000 + years)

The peoples settle into their roles, and begin using magic, and creating grand abilities. The discovery of Magic / earthblood/ etc. Magic is only “magic” not separated. Races drift to their “attitude” and direction, and gain their approach to life, and any “gifts” they may have. Gods become somewhat pushy and also begin to formalize in their attitudes and approaches. Many saints created to intercede.

Event that ended age - Last saint of the early ages elevated.

Third Age: Age of Exploration (2000 + years)

The races move to explore their world. Each race move out of their “home” areas, and have some conflict. Saints do not have conflict, even those working for “opposing deities”. Lots of interracial conflict and lots of politicking. Great cities and empires created fall new one form.

Event that ended age - the first attack of one God against another.

Fourth Age: Godswar - Gods leave active presence (500 years+)

Gods form alliances and get tough with each other. Planet reshaped and nearly destroyed. Gods realize that this creation of theirs is too fragile, and leave completely, but their prespresence is not gone completely- Saints are still there, and channeling still works.

Even that ended age - the day of godsbattle. (note last archmage dies at this point)

Fifth Age: Age of rebuilding (1000 years)

The restudy of magic creates the three realms. Races claw out from the results of the war, and begin rebuilding. Most races create “homelands” that are their own, and fight to protect them. Life is insular. Technology is knocked back to stone / pre bronze age, and climbs from that point.

Event that ended age- First Saint of later ages elevated.

Sixth Age: Age of intermingling & cosmopolitinization (2000 Years)

The races drift and remeet, this time without gods along. Technology hits steel and near industrial era. The races each have a homeland, but much exploration and intermingling. Major cities see ghettos of every race, and everyone living in them. There slowly grows a great and good empire that spans the continent, and helps make life better for everyone, ruled by a council of 9.

Event that ends age - The unmakers’ five gates being opened.

1) destruction - the capital city destroyed.

2) Plague - The run of plagues that sweep the continent

3) Famine - The great hunger of the cities.

4) Monster gates - great creatures walk the world. (edit - reamed Horros)

5) Climate problems - Earthquakes, tidal waves, etc. (edit - renames Storms)

Seventh Age: Age of the unmaker (current age)

Rebuilding - Grand social units gone, but individual cities and small societies survived the Unmaker's gates. Society has moved to self preservation and city states, with great swaths of wilderland. learning is as high as it was during the empire, but only in select area, in the cities.

Note - Links to other threads involved in my game:

Magic Systems

For the mechanical structure I have a wide open anything goes in a lot of ways. Lots of different bits in the game are stuff I liked in fiction or other games, and decided to use it in mine, like the term Unmaker or my magic system. There are a couple of things I like about D&D - the incredible proliferation of sentient beings, and, in the d20 version, a solid sense of nifty abilities, but ones that are semi formalized.

So I have written something on the order of 100 talents, and I do more every week (and some of those were published in DH 41 - plug plug). I have specific magical abilities for a number of professional package deals, which, in game, the only way to learn is to learn from someone in that profession and take the package deal - which is as close as I will come to classes. This is Fantasy HERO, and I'm only stealing bits that I like. :)

I also use every race in FH, and have built 10 or so of my own, plus adapted 5 or 10 from other fantasy sources (notably D&D). Now when I do my conversions and adaptions, I do not try for a perfect replication. I go for a feel and style kind of adaption. I don't necessarily use the exact same special abilites or such, but I put in theme-actic kinds of thing. For example I adapted the Goliath from Races of Stone for D&D 3.5. There are a race with marking over thier bodies - in D&D you can get feats to represent special magical reflections of having special marks. I used the concept but had different special abilities tied to the markings.

Comments and questions welcome.

The overview of the magic system.

Magic is multipower based. Each multipower has -1 in limitations:

No Push -1/4

Variable lim -1/4 (is usually Gestures and Incantations, but can be extra time, extra end, or focus)

Requires a magic roll -1/2

The multipower reserve normally only be 3 times the Int of the character. Some talents that adjust this - a talent for 2 pts raises the potential by 10. There is a "natural archmage" talent that allows an unlimited maximum cost 10. There are a couple others that allow you to add half again the reserve for a specific area (realm) of magic, and another that lets you half again it for 1 spell (and the first has a -1 lim on the reserve, and the second a -2 it is relatively inexpensive to be very good at one type, and have a huge signature spell).

As mentioned before I am borrowing the feel of the rolemaster system.

There are 4 kinds of magic; the three realms (Mind, physical and soul) and then the really old stuff (Eldritch). At character creation a player buys a perk that sets the character's magical ability. Normally this would not change during the life of the character, but as a GM I'm willing to work with players that want a major change in characters.

The spells themselves are classified as "Public" "Private" and "Secret". Each step up is more difficult to learn (by SFX). The perk chosen allows differing access to spells. If someone is a magical dabbler - then they can but spells that are public to the realm they choose. They can also choose to buy private spells, but if they do, then those spells take up double their real active points in the mulitpower and are x2 end cost and magic roll penalty to cast.

There are over a dozen types of spellcaster levels, each with differing access to levels of spells or which relam (or realms) of spells they can choose from.

This helps reinforce the three realm nature of magic, most mages stick with one realm.

The end cost is basically an end battery (that cannot be higher than your multipower reserve).

To avoid the "all attack powers are at the same level" I do something draconian here. I build all the spells. I have over 150 built, and am constantly working on more. The players can come to me with ideas, and I'll work with them, but I'll be setting the realm, the end cost and the magic roll penalty (then end cost and MR penalty set the spells "level" if you will).

Because being a mage is fairly costly the major break from the standard rules that I do is this- when you purchase (or increase) your magic multipower, you get as many points in spells as the reserve costs you. So if you have a 60 active point multipower reserve, it costs 30, then you get 30 points of spells for free - and as the spells are slots in the MP, they tend to run 1 to 3 points, so that gives a fair amount of versatility in the spells.

I also use a slight twist on Uncontrolled. The default way of stopping an uncontrolled spell is to let it last one minute. Each step up on the time chart is a +1/4 advantage called Extended Duration. This allows things like water breathing or armor spells that are cast, have a duration and no longer need to have the multipower in that slot.

The Int/5 for numbers of active spells is in effect (and uncontrolled powers are considered active spells). Bob Greenwade's Extra Spell Slot talent was stolen and is used.

Other general notes - almost no spells require focus in the form of material components or have side effects. I don't like that kind of feel for my magic, and have disliked those thing in other game magic systems, so I ignore them.

There is also a house rule that if you have an adjusted 18 or less to cast a spell, you don't have to roll.

I allow penalty skill levels with the Magic skill to offset penalties for specific or small groups of spells (those are spells you have specialized in) as well as one for all active point penalties (but those are 1.5 so it only saves you half a point per level, but that can help).

Thanks for posting, and repped.

A few thoughts:

Not sure I'd give -1/4 for "no push", but as you're the GM that's 100% your call. I might instead allow a more generic -1/4 "Spell" limit to get a smooth -1 total. The "Magic Type" limit would reflect the fact that all magic in the Multipower had to conform to the rules of a specific magic type, something that would occasionally cause inconvenience. Of course, there are objections to be made to that approach as well. Still, the "I build all the spells" approach and all the other bits and pieces in your system certainly seem worth at least -1/4.

The big mix of races will definitely give a high fantasy rather than sword & sandals feel, but that's not a problem for most fantasy gamers. The world itself sounds very old school, but again that's a feature rather than a bug.

Timeline looks solid, lots of potential plot hooks.

I agree with Oddhat on the Lims. It'll be interesting to see how the magic turns out in real play.

The Gates of Unmaking is a really interesting idea. The last two gates could use a little more massaging to get them in line with the biblical feel of the first three ~ maybe something like 5. The Gate of Storms (Natures Fury, Wrath etc...)

Thanks for posting, and repped.

A few thoughts:

Not sure I'd give -1/4 for "no push", but as you're the GM that's 100% your call. I might instead allow a more generic -1/4 "Spell" limit to get a smooth -1 total. The "Magic Type" limit would reflect the fact that all magic in the Multipower had to conform to the rules of a specific magic type, something that would occasionally cause inconvenience. Of course, there are objections to be made to that approach as well. Still, the "I build all the spells" approach and all the other bits and pieces in your system certainly seem worth at least -1/4.

The big mix of races will definitely give a high fantasy rather than sword & sandals feel, but that's not a problem for most fantasy gamers. The world itself sounds very old school, but again that's a feature rather than a bug.

Timeline looks solid, lots of potential plot hooks.

Yeah, the No Push is a little much, and I like your suggestions.

Yeah, the races thing is very much the high fantasy - but I have vast tracks of desert and wasteland with small city states scattered around in many areas of the game world - which to me evokes as much of S&S as I want (I tend not to like most S&S, but I love the whole feelt that I see in it of "not much civilisation and barren space").

I agree with Oddhat on the Lims. It'll be interesting to see how the magic turns out in real play.

The Gates of Unmaking is a really interesting idea. The last two gates could use a little more massaging to get them in line with the biblical feel of the first three ~ maybe something like 5. The Gate of Storms (Natures Fury, Wrath etc...)

Ohhh I like. :)

The timeline is as much notes as finished product - so I appreciate that.

Gate of Horrors and Gate of Storms. I love it - consider that adopted.

And I can't wait for the magic system in work either - I've been tinkering with how to get it to feel just the way I want for years. I've done a couple of solo playtests that worked out okay, but that was solo....

I've got an archmage in the group (someone who does all magic), a mentalist, and two characters that aren't quite done yet that may or may not have magic, so it will get a solid play.

Some rough details on the Unmaker...

I'm really going after a combination of three things here -

1) - The Ultimate enemy - the idea that there is something that is trying to just undo all of creation and at times causes the forces of good and things like demons and devils to join sides to fight it appeals to me. :)

2) - A corupting influence. I might be borrowing elements of the whole Chaos corruption from the Kandris Seal (and if you don't own it, go out and buy it now - it is wonderful).

3) In line with the above, creatues that are of the Unmaker are a little off - so a little Cthulian horror going on here as well. Probably not full blown "sanity blasting" but with "feel wierd/uncomfortable" types of things aorund them, and maybe some penalties to skill rolls, combat rolls, CE, some negative levels, or some unluck while being around them.

From a D&D sense pretty much any Abberation class of creature would be influenced by the unmaker.

I like that the characters are linked by their dream visions. It has an element of retro-causality to it' date=' in seeming opposition of the Unmaker's entropic goals. [/quote']

Yeah. The characters are going to have prophecies about them that they will find out - specifically the structure to oppose chaos. :) Although I like your phrasing.

Also, the distinction between 'evil' and 'chaos' is great.

Yeah. I wanted to do something a little different. :)

I wanted a strong good / evil thing going - if people do what they are supposed to do morally they are good people and join the gods.

If they do things they aren't supposed to, they go the other direction and become the plaything of the Infernal. I'm going with a very strong moral outlook here - Good vs Evil is very much a "human/sentient" centered thing - it is all about the choices of the person in question (with Gods and Saints being the incarnations of those concepts, and the Infernal being the incarnations of the other side).

The whole Unmaker/Chaos thing is completly from the outside - it is insanity, destruction for the sake of destruction, outside the Good./Evil continuim. Think the Mythos, or, in D&D, the "outlands." A demon would change and hurt a sentinet to corrupt him, and take it's soul - the Unmaker does it for fun, or because it has some non-understandible reason why.

Some notes on religion/gods.

The gods of the world are basically the pantheons of Egypt, Greco/Roman, Norse and Celtic (yes, my D&D roots are showing here). There were many other pantheons, but when they left after the Godswar their influnce disappeared - this will tie in to a later campagin element, when the PCs visit other worlds, and find different gods there, but ones that are familiar to them from dim history. The over timeline is how this world views things, but it is actually bigger.

All gods appear to any sentient race as a member of that race - that way I get to skip the whole concept of racial pantheons (which I don't like) and it draws together faiths (all followers of one god no matter the race) and also allows for conflict (The Elven aspect is the one true aspect of this god). So I can have murky religous politics even with the strong hand of divinity in the world.

And yes some churches don't especially care for each other. The Athena/Ares conflict is intact (though not at a lethal level) - Athena Being the Goddess of Skill in arms/Tactics/ and Defensive combat, and Ares being the god of battle and combat in general. i.e. - special ops teams, martial artists, Duelists, and tacticians follow Athena - Grunts, Leader generals (as opposed to tactcian generals) follow Ares. So the rivalry is not unlike those between modern military branches in the US.

some other notes on future big events -

There be sorta spoilers here, so my players that read this board (3 do, one has never posted, one has posted a few times, and the other is Pariah), if you want to avoid them, skip this post. However the spoilers are going to be general, and I don't mind if you read them, it will likely come up during conversations anyway - I suck at keeping secrets.

Two big elements in exploration that will come up after the campaign has had a solid grounding

1) Hollow Earth/lost world - dinosaurs, special races, primitive cultures the whole works. I've always loved the concept and plan to include it here.

2) Space - I'm pretty much going to rip off Spelljammer almost in it's entirety here (ships and the mechanics of space travel, and cosmology (Crystal Spheres and the Flogiston) - not the races or politics) Again I considered Spelljammer the be the single greatest D&D setting ever made, and of course I will incorporate it. This is where the differing views of the gods and the history of the godswar come in.

The end of the Godswar had differing pantheons split and go to different spheres. Any follower of any god is fine in any sphere*, but there may be social trouble :) The exploration here will be a big part of the overplot. This is the point where the charcters know exactly what they are destined for (literally - as people of destiny) and how important that is.

* One of the tropes that run through other fantasy games - gods are limited in where thier power can be used, and of Clerics that are powerless in areas where thier god is not worshipped just irritate me to know end. My Gods are boundless (mostly) so that kind of thinking just doesn't fly in my worlds.

Miseed this before - yeah - If the taverns near the docks in the really big cities look like the cantina is Mos Eisley that would fit with what I have in mind. :eek:

HERO Points

I'm trying out HERO points for this game - the rules are as follows - borrowed heavily from Scott's Luck pool system

Every character gets three HERO points at the start of each session.

Any character with luck rolls his luck dice at the beginning of each session, and for each "body" rolled on the luck dice he gains another HERO point.

HERO Points

For 1 Hero point, you may:

* increase your OCV or DCV by +4 before a roll is made (only for that roll - attack or defence)

* increase your OCV or DCV by +2 after a roll is made.

* increase a skill or Characteristic roll by +4 before a roll is made.

* increase a skill or Characteristic roll by +2 aftera roll is made

* increase damage by 2 DC, 3 body or +7 stun before the roll is made.

* increase damage by 1 DC, 1 body or +3 stun after the roll is made.

* Instant recovery - you get half your Rec in stun and End instantly.

* Autopush - you can get a 10 active point push without Ego roll and only 5 end cost.

* Damage reduction - you gain ¼ r Damage reduction for 1 point, ½ r DR for 2, or ¾ r DR for three. This applies against only one attack

* Each point can be traded in for the equivelent level of a luck roll (i.e. Three HERO points spent equal 3 sixes on a luck roll).

Any other suggestions or ideas are welocme for other uses of HERO points.

The dreamwalker package:

Skills/Powers ect

15 Dreamwalking: Precognitive, Retrocognitive Clairsentience (Sight And Hearing Groups), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (105 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Only Through Dreams (-1), Not always clear (-1), Fixed Perception Point (-1), Precognition/Retrocognition Only (-1)

4 Lang: Ancient Cherulian

3 points to spend on oddball and obscure KSs

3 Perk: Member of Adventurer's Guild

Disades

5 Distinctive Features: Not Concealbe, detectable by unusual - The Prophacied one.

20 Hunted Mo, NCI, 8- Agents of Unmaker

As a note - the last evil empire in the world was taken down by a group of adventurers. One of them ended up become the new leader of a restored good government (think Star Wars more than anything else).

He knew that individuals could do a lot, so he set up the adventurer's guild. It spanned the contenent before the Unmaker came, and was designed to help and facilitate small groups doing great things.

Since the opening of the gates and the fragmentation of civilisation it is one of the few orginisations that kept power throughout the differeing socieites and citystates - becausee the membership were all adventurers and fairly tough. The Mage Guild is in a similar situation. The only other orginization(s) that kept any power in a large scale like that were the churches.

I posted this in a new thread over at Hero system discussion, but it is for this campaign so I am posting it here too. :)

I'm in the process of doing up different stuff for my FH campaign, and I have a basic idea for a type of magic system, and am unsure of what kind of limitation value I need on a MP reserve.

This is way the thing works - at the start of the day, the character chooses two or three abilities that he can access that day. These abilities once chosen are either constant (like DCV or Def), or intant abilities that he can access anytime (say an EB). Once those are chosen they cannot be changed until the next day.

The other thing is that each ability has to have a minimum effect all the time (say 10 active points per slot) - so if you have a 50 pt multipower, and you choose three abilities that is 30 pts of your multipower reserve in use all day.

The last thing is that the character has controll of how much above the minimum they can have going at a time - each slot will be a multi and the character can shift around any points he has over the minimums of the powers.

I'm unsure of exactly how much in limitations that is worth - it is definatly less powerful than a raw multipower, but I'm not sure just how much. I tend to -1 for everything, but when I design my stuff for my game, I tend to go overboard on lims to make things a little cheaper for the characters. So I was just looking for other input. And yeah this will be a reserve only limitation.

Setting the slot takes some time, but once it is set, there isn't any time lim - so I don't know if that is even worth a lim - it would only come up if the PCs are attacked in the morning before the character had a chance to set the abilities that day.

And if anyone is curious this is adapting the Magic of Incarnum for D&D.

Characters:

Characters are coming in from the players. Here is the first.

William "Billy" Ringrose

Background/History: William Ringrose (or Billy, as everyone called

him) grew up the only son of a moderately successful merchant sailor.

With no mother around (she died in childbirth), Dad and his crews were

his family. He grew up around ships, and Dad promised to start taking

him along when he was 'old enough'.

So at the age of 17, Billy went on his first voyage. Sadly, there was

a monsoon, and he was washed up on an uncharted island, the only

survivor of the shipwreck. When nobody arrived to rescue him after a

week, he decided he'd better salvage what he could from the shipwreck

and get familiar with his little island, just in case he was going to

be there for a while.

He ended up being there for a little more than three years. He

salvaged some tools and honed his woodworking skills. He taught

himself the constellations and practically memorized the half-dozen or

so books he was able to save. He learned to hunt and fish and

identify edible plants. He dug a well. He even built himself a

little hut, complete with a bed, a table, a small cabinet, and a

couple of chairs. (He was optimistic.) By the time he was found,

he'd established a pretty nice little home, for a castaway.

He was eventually found, as it turned out, by a privateering ship that

had survived a monsoon of their own. He bartered his skills for

passage to the mainland; the sailors had just lost their only really

good navigator, so they readily agreed. He found that they were quite

pleasant and good-hearted, for seafaring bandits, and so he didn't

mind that it took them almost a year to reach the Continent. He took

advantage of his time on board and learned anything and everything

that he could. They had a lot of interesting adventures, and he even

saved a man who'd been washed overboard. It was a good life. Once

they put into port, though, he parted ways with them, ready to seek

adventure and fortune on his own.

Personality/Motivation: Billy Ringrose is a pleasant, cheerful, and

optimistic sort of fellow. He's free-spirited and always up for a new

adventure or challenge. He knows that despite some rather unusual and

even unpleasant things that have happened to him, he's got a great

life and he lives it to the fullest.

Billy enjoys very few things quite as much as conversation. He loves

talking to people, be they friends, foes, or strangers in a tavern

somewhere. He feels that everyone has a story, and even if it's not a

very good story, it deserves to be heard. He also enjoys conversation

as a game, as a battle of wits and words has saved him from serious

bodily harm on more than one occasion.

Billy often comes across as carefree and sometimes as reckless. Every

so often, however, he seems inordinately cautious and contemplative.

Sometimes he'll be the first person to dive into a fight, and at other

times he'll be the one asking everyone else if they're crazy just for

thinking about it. He feels instinctively that he's living a charmed

life, but he also seems to know that there's only so far one can push

one's luck.

Quote: "No, I don't know why that didn't kill me, and to be quite

frank, I don't think it's my business to ask. Consider: if the Gods

had decreed that today was to be the day of my death, and by some

mistake of fortune I happened to miss my appointment, then it's hardly

in my best interest to bother Them with the matter, now is it?

[looking skyward] "Uh, hello, sorry for the interruption. Look, that

last thing should clearly have killed me, but as I stand here very

much alive, I thought it only right make You aware that there may have

been some sort of problem. No, no trouble at all. Happy to help.

[clutching chest] GARRGH!" You see my point?"

Powers/Tactics: Billy's opening move in any combat situation is to

talk. It's sometimes unclear whether his intent is to convince or to

confuse, but he has talked his way out of several fights in the past.

The fact that some of his opponents have come after him with renewed

vigor after realizing that they'd been duped is just one of those

unfortunate things that happens sometimes...

When pressed into a fight, his tactics will depend on the setting and

what's available to him. He enjoys a good bar fight as well as the

next adventurer and has been in enough of them to hold his own. He

doesn't worry about trying to fight 'fair' in such a situation because

he knows nobody else is worrying about it either. He knows how to use

bows and spears and various thrown weapons and can do so if the

situation requires. But in a real fight, he relies on his skills as a

swordsman. He typically fights defensively, knowing that his life,

which he enjoys a great deal, could end with one unfortunate sword

blow or arrow strike. Better not to get hit, if possible.

Billy has a number of skills that he picked up during his unfortunate

exile and during his time with the privateers. He learned a great

deal from his shipmates: "fencing, fighting, anything anyone would

teach me". His varied experiences and accumulated skills make him

well-suited to life as an adventurer, though not necessarily as a

traditional rogue or pirate. But he's a good chap to have around.

As his varied experiences will attest, Billy seems to live a charmed

life. He could have, and probably should have, died in a hundred

different ways by now, but somehow he's always come through safe and

relatively intact. Perhaps it's his quick healing ability or his

unusual premonitions of danger, or maybe it's the way things just seem

to work in his favor when times get tough. But whatever the reason,

it seems that somebody up there likes him. Billy tries not to think

about it too much, afraid that questioning his good fortune or

examining it too closely will somehow ruin it.

Appearance: Billy is tall and lean, well-muscled and well-tanned.

He's moderately handsome, in a rugged, happy-go-lucky sort of way. He

carries himself with confidence and grace. He looks somewhat older

than his 21 years. His clothing is generally sturdy and practical,

but he does enjoy wearing nice clothes when the occasion permits.

While sailing the high seas with his rescuers, Billy got a small

tattoo on his right shoulder blade, as all the other crew members had.

If seen by the right (or wrong!) people, this would give him away as

someone who had been a crew member aboard that ship. For this reason,

he almost never goes bare-chested.

William "Billy" Ringrose
Player: Pariah

Val      Char       Cost
15      STR         5
16      DEX        18
18      CON        16
15      BODY      10
14      INT          4
13      EGO         6
15      PRE         5
12      COM        1

6      PD    3
6      ED    2
3      SPD    4
8      REC    2
36      END    0
32      STUN    0

7"      RUN    2
4"      SWIM    2
3"      LEAP    0
Characteristics Cost: 80

Cost       Power     END
     Knacks     
1       1) Compass: Bump Of Direction (3 Active Points); Extra Time (Full
Phase, -1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4)
1       2) Sea Legs: Clinging (normal STR) (10 Active Points); Extra Time
(5 Minutes, -2), OAF Immobile (Only aboard ahips; -2), Only to cling
to things sharacter could normally walk on (-1), Increased Endurance
Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate;
-1/4)      2
1       3) Monkey in the Rigging: +3 with Climbing (6 Active Points);
Only in sails and rigging (-2), Gestures, Requires Gestures throughout
(Requires both hands; -1), Incantations (-1/4)

Gift: Charmed Life     
17       1) Something's Not Right Here...: Danger Sense (self only, in
combat, Function as a Sense) 12-
10       2) Fate Smiles: Luck 2d6      0
6       3) That didn't hurt as bad as I thought...: Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)     
5       4) Don't do that!!: Detect Bad Course of Action A Single Thing
12- (Unusual Group), Sense      0

Talents     
5       1) Quick Healer: Healing 1 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2),
Persistent (+1/2) (20 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 6
Hours (-2 1/2), Self Only (-1/2)      0
4       2) Defensive: +2 with DCV (10 Active Points); Only vs. Ranged
attacks (-1), Only with cover or after moving at least 3" (-1/2)
7       3) Deflect Arrows: Missile Deflection (Arrows, Slings, Etc.) (10
Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2)      0
15       4) Second Wind: Healing STUN 3d6+1 (standard effect: 10 points),
Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger
requires a Turn or more to reset; +1/4) (41 Active Points); 1
Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)      [1 rc]
Powers Cost: 72

Cost       Martial Arts Maneuver
4       Punch / Basic Cut: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 5d6 Strike
5       Offensive Strike / Slash: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 7d6 Strike
3       Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 3d6 +v/5, Target Falls
4       Low Blow: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 2d6 NND
4       Block / Parry: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4       Weapon Bind: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Bind, 25 STR
4       Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 25 STR to Disarm
2       Weapon Element: Blades, Clubs, Default Element
Martial Arts Cost: 30

Cost       Skill
3       Breakfall 12-
3       Climbing 12-
3       Concealment 12-
3       Conversation 12-
3       Gambling 12-
5       Navigation 13-
3       Paramedics 12-
3       Persuasion 12-
3       Shadowing 12-
3       Stealth 12-
3       Survival 12-
3       Tracking 12-
3       Trading 12-
3       Scholar
1       1) KS: Local Myths & Legends (2 Active Points) 11-
1       2) KS: Maritime Law and Customs (2 Active Points) 11-
2       3) KS: Stars and Constellations (3 Active Points) 12-
1       4) KS: Undefined esoteric knowledge (2 Active Points) 11-
1       5) KS: Undefined esoteric knowledge (2 Active Points) 11-
3       Jack of All Trades
1       1) PS: Hunter / Fisher / Gatherer (2 Active Points) 11-
2       2) PS: Sailor (3 Active Points) 12-
1       3) PS: Woodworker (2 Active Points) 11-
5       +1 with HTH Combat
4       WF: Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons
1       Common Language (imitate dialects; literate) (6 Active Points)
Skills Cost: 67

Cost       Perk
1       Favor
Perks Cost: 1

Total Character Cost: 250

Val       Disadvantages
15       Psychological Limitation: Will try to talk his way out of a
fight if possible (Common, Strong)
20       Psychological Limitation: Curious, Seeker of Adventure (Very
Common, Strong)
10       Psychological Limitation: Sucker for a Pretty Face (Uncommon, Strong)
5       Psychological Limitation: Generous (Uncommon, Moderate)
5       Distinctive Features: Talks too much (Easily Concealed; Noticed
and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
5       Distinctive Features: Tattoo on shoulder blade (Easily Concealed;
Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15       Hunted: Bad Guy of the Week 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)
25       Disadvantages yet to be determined 

Another PC

In my game I have gifts (which is where I got the material for my DH article) - one of those bascially mirros the HIghlander movie ("There can be only one!"). This character has that gift. I also adapted the Unearthed arcana class Akashic which are characters that delve into racial memory. Note the G'kari race are an homage to the characer in B5 and have the same basic look.

Background/History:

S’Kari was born as Benj to Jieno and T’Mara in the village of Tremen, in the north-eastern corner of the continent, very near the inlet from the sea. Jieno was a local craftsman for the area, he was thought to be able to make anything to help people out, and especially dealing with metals or wood, and T’Mara was a veritable Jack of all Trades housewife, not just with the typical housework chores but also with various tasks that needed help in the village and surrounding area. As he was growing up he helped his father with numerous things and his dad instilled in Benj a sense of curiosity and of upholding ones promises. When Benj was 9 yrs old Jieno starting teaching him how to work steel and making it sing for you, while Benj was stroking the forge with some raw iron an explosion happened and Benj panicked and embers flew all around, a lot of them landed on him scarring his face and a good share of his body, about 35% down the left side of his body, it didn’t really affect his health but it did leave the scar, and that is when he picked up the nickname S’Kari at first he really didn’t care for it, but as time wore on he started accepting it even to the point of using it and responding to it.

When he reached adulthood, on his 14th birthday Benj made a pledge to his father.

Pledge sworn to Jieno (father of Benj):

1.Show Compassion: Give to the needy, help people out of troubling times.

2.Show Adventure: Explore, and meet new things, find new experiences over the horizon.

3.Show Curiosity: Seek knowledge, and fill your mind up.

4.Show Humility: You are Great, but remember #1 above and show compassion, and don’t think lesser of other people for what they are and what they are living in.

5.Show Thirst for Good: Good and Evil are at war, and with Good being a much more pleasant side to stand on.

The next day a person came into town, Far-bem-ko a wandering Draconian who came to Jieno to see about buying a sword made for him, Jieno had Benj make it for him. While he was working on the metal the draconian started up a conversation with Benj, he talked about various things in the world at large and the life of an adventurer, it is great he said “You experience new things that just seem to open up your view of the world.” When Benj was done working the metal he called his dad to finish up the work so that he could learn some more of how to do the finishing touches on making a sword. After the blade was finished the Draconian lifted the blade, inspecting and gauging the make and the finesse of the blade. He then threw Jieno a bag of coin, Jieno opened it up and saw 3 gold pieces “This is much-much more than I stated on the price of me working the blade, the Draconian said count some of that as gratitude for making an excellent blade, and the rest for compensation for losing you apprentice, then he raised the blade up and brought it down in a slashing fashion across Benj chest and stomach, with a very deep cut and said “I am testing it’s effectiveness on your helper here” Benj fell down spurting blood, and Jieno pulled a sword and start a fight with the Draconian, it was not a very long fight, with the final blow from the Draconian slashing thru Jieno face, and sending him spiraling into the couple seconds of dying, with Benj already dead on the floor. Hours later Benj seems to “Wake Up” and saw that his body had been slashed and he was recovering from that sword cut, and looked at his father and saw his dead lifeless body, in a fit of rage he ran from the shop and scoured the countryside for Far-bem-ko, he searched for 2 days before stopping and going to sleep, he awoke and came to realize that he had been running around with no food and yet he was not hungry, he took this as a good sign, and went back to home and he did talk with his mom, and bore the news it was then that he decided he would go out adventuring to find this killer and deliverer of “Blessing” to him. From then on he went traveling and learned skills and discovered he had numerous blessings of other sorts. He would travel from town to town sometimes settling down for a little while working in the smithy for room and study (he didn’t worry about eating). It was during these times that he started studying magic and some of the various other mystical avenues, I learned many things numerous spells, some of my abilities, even what my ancestors had for knowledge. As time went by, with me not finding Far-bem-ko, I did grow away from getting revenge on him for supposedly killing me, but I still did want to retrieve the last of my dad’s swords and use it for something good.

Personality/Motivation:

Cautious, Observing, & Acting mainly towards good, but very rarely straying off the path to subjects of personal gain for someone else as part of a promise to that person, he is very cautious as to what he makes a promise to, and so far has never been for evil.

Quote: (Usually Quiet)

Powers/tactics:

When knowing he will be going into battle sometime later that day, he will cast Spellcasters Armor. When entering combat starts out with Speed (or Speed 2 or Speed True) and then casting Aversion field. Then onto Immolate and then Fireball. A lot of it depends on who we are fighting.

Appearance:

Bright Reddish-Green Eyes, Light Green splotches all over G’kari body. 5’5” tall, 154 lbs weight. Burn scar on most of body (1/3 of face running down body all the way to foot, left side of body), scar is slowly fading from regeneration abilities. Wears a light green tunic, and long mauve pants. All of his clothing were a bit dirty, yet in perfect condition.

S'Kari

Val	Char	Cost	Roll	Notes
10	STR	0	11-	Lift 100.0kg; 2d6 [1]
12	DEX	6	11-	OCV:  4/DCV:  4
10	CON	0	11-
10	BODY	0	12-
20	INT	10	15-	PER Roll 15-
15	EGO	10	13-	ECV:  7
13	PRE	3	13-	PRE Attack:  4d6
10	COM	0	11-

2+8	PD	0		Total:  2/10 PD (0/8 rPD)
2+8	ED	0		Total:  2/10 ED (0/8 rED)
2+1	SPD	0		Phases:  6, 12/4, 8, 12
3+5	REC	-2
20	END	0
25	STUN	0	Total Characteristic Cost:  27

Movement:	Running:	6"/12"
Leaping:	2"/4"
Swimming:	2"/7"/32"/112"

Cost	Powers	END
15	Dreamwalking:  Retrocognitive, Precognitive Clairsentience (Sight And Hearing Groups), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½) (105 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Only thru Dreams (-1), Fixed Perception Point (-1), Precognition/Retrocognition only (-1), Not always clear (-1)
The Endless
	Notes:  These abilities only affects the damage taken on oneself, it will not affect the damage transferred by some Divine spells, even the death caused by transferring too much BODY damage.
18	1)  Immortal Body:  Life Support  (Eating: Character does not eat; Longevity: Immortal; Self-Contained Breathing)
17	2)  Immortal:  Regeneration 1 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection (35 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration Only) 1 BODY / Hour (-1)
8	3)  Immortal:  Regeneration 1 BODY (10 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration Only) 1 BODY / Minute (-¼)
3	Quickening:  Variable Power Pool, 2 base + 1 control cost, Cosmic (+2) (5 Active Points); Limited Power Characteristics Only (-1)
0	1) +1 REC (2 Active Points) Real Cost: 2
0	2) +2 STR (2 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-½) Real Cost: 1	1
0	3) +1 BODY (2 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-½) Real Cost: 1
0	4) +2 PD (2 Active Points) Real Cost: 2
0	5) +2 ED (2 Active Points) Real Cost: 2
Akashic Package Deal
8	1)  Skill Memory:  +2 with all non-combat Skills (16 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-½), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -½)	4
8	2)  Delving into the Racial Memory:  Universal Knowledge (Knowledge Skills) 15- (20 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Minute, -1 ½)
Legendary Mind
8	1)  +8 INT
14	2)  +7 EGO
8	3)  +8 PRE
Natural Archmage
10	1)  Unlimited Spell Power:  Custom Perk
	Notes:  The character has no limit to the points he may put into his multipower reserve.
10	2)  Born Archmage:  
0	3)  LS  (Longevity Immortal)
	Notes:  already bought in the Endless Gift
10	4)  +5 with Power: Spellcraft Skill
7	Mana Pool:    (65 END, 1 REC) Reserve:  (7 Active Points); REC:  Limited Recovery (only while asleep, after 1 hour; -1), Slow Recovery 1 Minute (-½)
6	Arcane Consumption:  10 REC on Mana Pool (END Reserve); Side Effects: Character takes 1 BODy every time REC is used, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (-1)
32	Arcane Magic:  Multipower, 65-point reserve,  (65 Active Points); all slots Requires An Spellcraft Magic Skill Roll  (-½), Variable Limitations (requires -½ worth of Limitations; -¼), No Push (-¼)
	Notes:  Possible Limitations:Inc Time-Full Phase (if possible), Inc END x2, Gestures, Incantations, Concentration ½ DCV
2u	1)  Raw Magical Bolt:  (Total: 61 Active Cost, 23 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6, Autofire (5 shots; +½), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1) (37 Active Points); Cannot Use Targeting (-½), Requires An Spellcraft Magic Skill Roll  (-½), Difficult to Fire (-2 OCV) (-¼), Variable Limitations (requires -½ worth of Limitations; -¼), No Push (-¼) (Real Cost: 13) plus Penalty Skill Levels:  +8 vs. Autofire  with All Attacks (24 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-½), Requires An Spellcraft Magic Skill Roll  (-½), Variable Limitations (requires -½ worth of Limitations; -¼), No Push (-¼) (Real Cost: 10)	2
	Notes:  Raw Magic BoltTime½ PhaseMR- 6Mana6Dur.InstantRange185"Cost2This spell shoots a coruscating bolt of raw magical energy at the target. When it hits (if it hits) it circles around and impacts again and again on the targer (5 times). Each shot takes a different hit location roll. If the caster targets a location, that is the first shot, but each successive hit is still random. The energy is barely contained and does not “fly true” - it imposes a -2 OCV penalty when attacking with it.1d6 KillingAutofire +½ (5 shots)0 End +18 levels of Penalty negation (Auto Fire)Cost Initial End -¼Difficult to fire -¼ (-2 to OCV)Cannot target
1u	2)  Aversion Field Mentalism:  +3 with DCV, Uncontrolled (+½), ExD 1 hour (+¾) (34 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -½), Only with things with Minds, or that have less than 15 mental D or less than 30 Ego. (-½), Requires An Spellcraft Magic Skill Roll  (-½), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -¼), Variable Limitations (requires -½ worth of Limitations; -¼), No Push (-¼)	3
	Notes:  Aversion FieldTime:	 Full Phase	MR:	 -3	Mana:	 3Dur.:	 1 hour		Range:	 Self	Cost:	 1This spell sends out a field of “Don’t hit me”.  It makes it harder for those with self will to be able to target the caster.Aversion Field: +3 with HTH Combat, Uncontrolled (+½), ExD 1 hour (+¾) (34 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -½), Only with things with Minds, or that have less than 15 mental D or less than 30 Ego. (-½), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -¼)
1u	3)  Speed Mentalism:  +2 SPD, Uncontrolled (+½) (30 Active Points); Requires An Spellcraft Magic Skill Roll  (-½), Variable Limitations (requires -½ worth of Limitations; -¼), No Push (-¼)
	Notes:  SpeedTime0 phaseMR- 3Mana3Dur.1 turnRangeSelfCost1The next turn the caster gains +2 speed.2 pts additional speedcosts intial end -0Uncontrolled +½only lasts one turn -1Active 30
1u	4)  Speed II Mentalism:  +2 SPD, Uncontrolled (+½) (30 Active Points); Requires An Spellcraft Magic Skill Roll  (-½), Variable Limitations (requires -½ worth of Limitations; -¼), No Push (-¼)
	Notes:  Speed IITime0 phaseMR- 5Mana5Dur.2 turnRangeSelfCost1The next two turns turn the caster gains +2 speed. The caster cannot learn this spell without learning Speed 1.2 pts additional speedcosts intial end -0Uncontrolled +½Costs x1.5 end, and slightly more difficult to castonly lasts two turns -¾Active 30
1u	5)  Speed True:  +2 SPD, Uncontrolled (+½) (30 Active Points); Requires An Spellcraft Magic Skill Roll  (-½), Variable Limitations (requires -½ worth of Limitations; -¼), No Push (-¼)
	Notes:  Speed TrueTime0 phaseMR- 9Mana9Dur.1 minuteRangeSelfCost1The next five turns turn the caster gains +2 speed. The caster cannot learn this spell without learning the lower two speed spells.2 pts additional speedcosts intial end -0Uncontrolled +½Costs x3 end, difficult to cast doublly -¼only lasts five turns -¼Active 30
1u	6)  Eternal Flame Fire Mage:  Killing Attack - Ranged 1 point, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½), Uncontrolled (+½), Persistent (+½), Continuous (+1), Difficult To Dispel (x65536 Active Points; +4), Extended Duration 1 million years (approx.) (+4 ½) (60 Active Points); Increased END x5 (-2), Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -¾), Concentration (0 DCV; -½), No Range (-½), Must be put on a prepared object (-½), Requires An Spellcraft Magic Skill Roll  (-½), Costs Initial END (-¼), Variable Limitations (requires -½ worth of Limitations; -¼), No Push (-¼)
	Notes:  Time[1 turn]MR [-6]Mana [30]Duration [Forever]Range [Touch]With this spell the caster creates a small flame (about the size of a torch flame) that is then placed onto a prepared object; this object can be a bowl, torch handle, oven, alter or such. The flame never burns this object and burns eternally there. If the object is destroyed by another means, the fire goes out. The fire does 1 pip of fire killing damage to anyone foolish enough to touch it.Difficult to Dispell (effetively 3.5 Million Active Points)Active Cost 60
2u	7)  Immolate Fire Mage:  Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½), Persistent (+½), Uncontrolled (+½), Damage Shield (+½), Continuous (+1) (60 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -½), Requires An Spellcraft Magic Skill Roll  (-½), Variable Limitations (requires -½ worth of Limitations; -¼), No Push (-¼)
	Notes:  ImmolateTimeFull PhaseMR- 6Mana6Dur.1 minuteRangeSelfCost2The caster becomes covered in a sheath of flame. It deals 1d6 K damage.1d6 RKA0 end +½Persistant +½Uncontrolled +½Continous +1Damage Shield +½Full Phase -½Active Cost 60
2u	8)  Fireball Fire Mage:  Killing Attack - Ranged 1 ½d6, Area Of Effect (3" Radius; +1) (50 Active Points); Requires An Spellcraft Magic Skill Roll  (-½), Variable Limitations (requires -½ worth of Limitations; -¼), No Push (-¼)	5
	Notes:  FireballTime½ PhaseMR-5Mana8Dur.InstantRange100"Cost2The caster extends his hand and a small ball of flame shoots towards the target area and explodes when it reaches there for 1 ½ d6 Killing at a diameter of 5"1 ½ d6 RKAArea Affect Radius 2.5"Beam -¼x1.5 end -¼Limited Range -1.4Active Cost 50
2u	9)  Summon Fire Elemental Fire Mage:  Summon 200-point Fire Elemental (40 Active Points); Requires An Spellcraft Magic Skill Roll  (-½), Variable Limitations (requires -½ worth of Limitations; -¼), No Push (-¼)	4
	Notes:  Summon Fire ElementalTimeFull PhaseMR- 6Mana6Dur.VariableRange1"Cost2This spell summons a friendly man-sized fire elemental. The fire elemental will be loyal (but not slavishly so) to the caster. The elemental can leave back to his home plane at any time, but will usually stay for one task.Summon 200 pt Fire ElementalLoyal +½Full Phase -½
1u	10) Analyze Disease Divine:  Detect Disease 15- (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Analyze (15 Active Points); Requires An Spellcraft Magic Skill Roll  (-½), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -¼), Variable Limitations (requires -½ worth of Limitations; -¼), No Push (-¼)	1
	Notes:  Analyze DiseaseTime:	0 Phase		MR:	-1	Mana:	1Dur.:	Instant		Range:	Self	Cost:	1This spell allows the caster to sense the presence of disease in a target, which poison and how much it affected the target.Analyze Disease: Detect Disease 11- (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Analyze (15 Active Points); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -¼)
1u	11) Disease Nullification Divine:  Suppress Any Disease 1d6, vs.Any Disease (+½), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½), Persistent (+½), Uncontrolled (+½), Continuous (+1) (20 Active Points); Full Phase (-½), Concentration (0 DCV; -½), Requires An Spellcraft Magic Skill Roll  (-½), Costs Initial END (-¼), Variable Limitations (requires -½ worth of Limitations; -¼), No Push (-¼)
	Notes:  Disease NullificationTimeFull PhaseMR- 2Mana2Dur.VariableRangeTouchCost1The caster lays hands on the target, and each phase the disease loses 1d6 active points, until removed. The effects of the disease are not healed, but it no longer causes any problems.Suppress 1d6Vs Any disease +½0 end persistant +1Uncontrolled +1Continous +½0 Dcv -½Cost initial end -¼Full Phase -½Active Cost 20
2u	12) Taking the Wounds:  Healing Simplified Healing 6d6 (60 Active Points); Full Phase (-½), Concentration (0 DCV; -½), Limited Power Transferral of Damage Drain (1 BODY & 2 STUN recover / 10 minutes) (-½), Limited Power No more than once per target per day (-½), Requires An Spellcraft Magic Skill Roll  (-½), Variable Limitations (requires -½ worth of Limitations; -¼)	6
	Notes:  Taking The WoundsTimeFull PhaseMR- 6Mana6Dur.InstantRangeTouchThe healer lays hands on the wounded character, and transfers 6d6 damage to himself. He heals 1 pt of body and  2 pts of stun per 10 minutes. This can only be done once per person per day.6d6 HealingTakes on bod and stun as drain 1 pt / 10 minutes
2u	13) Spellcaster's Armor Arcane:  Armor (7 PD/7 ED), Uncontrolled (+½), Extended Duration - 1 Day (+1 ¼) (58 Active Points); Full Phase (-½), Requires An Spellcraft Magic Skill Roll  (-½), Increased END x1.5 (-¼), Difficult to Cast (-¼), Variable Limitations (requires -½ worth of Limitations; -¼), No Push (-¼)
	Notes:  Spellcaster’s ArmorTimeFull PhaseMR-9Mana9Dur.1 dayRangeSelfCost2The caster surrounds himself with magical armor. It lasts all day. This armor is visible, and provides 7 pts of resistant and energy defense.Armor 7/7Uncontrolled +½Extended Duration +1 ¼ (1 day)X1.5 end -¼Difficult to cast -¼Full Phase -½ Active Cost 58
3u	14) Water Wings Water Mage:  Swimming +5" (2"/7" total) (Balancing Adder, x16 Noncombat), Extended Duration - 1 hour (+¾) (52 Active Points); Requires An Spellcraft Magic Skill Roll  (-½), Variable Limitations (requires -½ worth of Limitations; -¼), No Push (-¼)	5
	Notes:  Water WingsTime0 phaseMR- 5Mana5Dur.1 hourRangeSelfCost3This spell allow the caster to move increadibly swiftly on the water. He needs some other way to breath, if he plans to go deep.5" Swimmingx16 noncombatExtended Duration +¾ (hour)Active 53
1u	15) Detect Magic Essence Public:  Detect Magic 15- (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Range (25 Active Points); Full Phase (-½), Requires An Spellcraft Magic Skill Roll  (-½), Costs Half END (-¼), Variable Limitations (requires -½ worth of Limitations; -¼), No Push (-¼)
	Notes:  Detect MagicTimeFull PhaseMR-2Mana1Dur.1 phaseRangeSelfCost1The caster, for the phase the spell is cast, can detect magic and know all of the details about any active spells in the area. The caster makes a perception roll, and senses everything in a 360 degree area. How far out is dependant on how well the character makes his perception roll.Detect Magic, range,  discrimitory, Analyze, 360 DegreeCost Half End -¼Full Phase -½Active Cost 25
2u	16) Inner Thoughts Seer:  Telepathy 12d6 (60 Active Points); Full Phase (-½), Requires An Spellcraft Magic Skill Roll  (-½), Limited Range (-¼), Variable Limitations (requires -½ worth of Limitations; -¼), No Push (-¼)	6
	Notes:  Inner ThoughtsTimeFull phaseMR- 6Mana6Dur.VariableRange100"Cost2The caster reciees thoughts of the target.12d6 TelpathyFull Phsae -½limited range -¼Active 60
1u	17) Vision Behind Seer:  Retrocognitive Clairsentience (Sight Group), Easy to Cast (+¼), Reduced Endurance (½ END; +¼) (60 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; -1), "OIF" Retrocognition must be assoiciated with a place or item (-½), Full Phase (-½), Requires An Spellcraft Magic Skill Roll  (-½), Variable Limitations (requires -½ worth of Limitations; -¼), No Push (-¼)	2
	Notes:  Vision BehindTimeFull PhaseMR- 3Mana3Dur.VariableRangeSelfCost1Caster gets a vision of the past. Vision must be associated with a place or item. Caster is in a trance throughout.Retrocog Clairsentience (40)Easy to cast½ end “Oif” -½0 DCV throughout -1full phase -½Active 60
2u	18) Repair Arcane:  Major Transform 2d6+1 (Transforms broken object into fixed object), Partial Transform (+½) (52 Active Points); Full Phase (-½), Requires An Spellcraft Magic Skill Roll  (-½), Variable Limitations (requires -½ worth of Limitations; -¼), No Push (-¼)	5
	Notes:  RepairTimeFull phaseMR- 6Mana6Dur.InstantRange300Cost2This spell repairs an object. If the object is too large to be fully repaired this way, the object heals one body for each body rolled on the transform. This will help repair things such as wagons, ships or buildings.Transform (major) 2d6+1Partial Transform +½Transform broken object to fixed subjectFull Phase -½
1u	19) Create Bloodstone Enchanter:  Major Transform 1d6, object into Enchanted Object (+½), Variable Healing Method (+½), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½), Continuous (+½) (45 Active Points); Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (-2), Extra TIme 1 hour to start (-1 ¾), Increased END x5 (-1), Limited Power Can only enchant with appropriate materials (-1), Concentration (0 DCV; -½), Requires An Spellcraft Magic Skill Roll  (-½), Costs END to start (-¼), Variable Limitations (requires -½ worth of Limitations; -¼)
	Notes:  Create BloodstoneTime1 hourMR- 4Mana20Dur.PermanentRangeTouchCost1With this spell the caster creates a bloodstone (see itmes) for himself or someone else. This stone has all of the abilities listed. Repeated casting on the same stone incur an additinal -3 on the casting roll, and makes the bloodstone increase to one level higher in ability.1d6 Major TransformImproved Target group - Object to Enchanted object +½Var Healing Method +½Continious +½0 End +½0 DCV throughout -1Extra time 1 hour (only to start) -1 ¾Side Effects -2 End drain 3d6  recover per hour (personal end)Cost End to start -¼x5 end -1Can only enchant with approriate materials -1Active points 45
3u	20) Dispel Magic:  Dispel Magic 16d6, any Magic power one at a time (+¼) (60 Active Points); Requires An Spellcraft Magic Skill Roll  (-½), Variable Limitations (requires -½ worth of Limitations; -¼), No Push (-¼)	6
	Notes:  Dispell MagicTime½ PhaseMR- 6Mana6Dur.InstantRange300"Cost3This spell can dispell magic, any realm or combination of realms.Dispell Magic 16d6Any Magic +¼Active Points 60
-32	Magic Blance (-32 Active Points)
1	Smithfires Trinket:  Armor (0 PD/3 ED) (5 Active Points); OAF Bulky (Anvil and Forge; -1 ½), Extra Time (1 Minute, Only to Activate, -¾)

Perks
1	Reputation:  Master Sword Maker (A medium-sized group) 11-, +1/+1d6
3	Fringe Benefit:  Member of Adventurer's Guild

Talents
5	Eidetic Memory

Skills
1	Armorsmith 8-
3	Linguist
4	1)  Language:  Ancient Cherulian (imitate dialects) (5 Active Points)
0	2)  Language:  G'Kari (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)
1	3)  Language:  Magic Script (basic conversation; literate) (2 Active Points)
1	4)  Language:  Trade (basic conversation; literate) (2 Active Points)
7	Power:  Spellcraft ((INT+EGO+PRE)/15) (Natural Archmage added) 21-
3	Power:  Magic Inscriber 15-
1	PS: Blacksmith 8-
1	PS: Cooking 8-
3	Scholar
2	1)  KS: Arcane (essence) Spells (3 Active Points) 15-
2	2)  KS: Divine (channeling) (3 Active Points) 15-
2	3)  KS: Eldritch Spells (3 Active Points) 15-
1	4)  KS: Flora (2 Active Points) 11-
1	5)  KS: History of Saints (2 Active Points) 11-
2	6)  KS: Magic (3 Active Points) 15-
2	7)  KS: Sword-makers (3 Active Points) 15-
1	SS:  Metallurgy 8-
3	WF:  Common Melee Weapons, Javelins and Thrown Spears
4	Enchanter (Magic Weapons, Miscellaneous, Wands) 15-
8	Swordsmithy Expertise:  +4 with Weaponsmith on Swords and Daggers
3	Weaponsmith 15-

Total Powers & Skill Cost:  248
Total Cost:  275

150+	Disadvantages
10	Disadvantages bestowed by GM
0	Distinctive Features:  Burn scar on most of body (1/3 of face running down body all the way to foot, left side of body) (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; scars fade away during play from Regeneration)
5	Distinctive Features:  Seemingly Distracted (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
5	Distinctive Features:  The Phrophacied One (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)
15	Hunted:  "Hunted of the Week" 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)
20	Hunted:  Agents of Unmaker 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
15	Hunted:  The other Endless 8- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)
0	Normal Characteristic Maxima
15	Psychological Limitation:  Always upholds Promises (Uncommon, Total)
	Notes:  When "Promises or Swears" to something, will always uphold it
15	Psychological Limitation:  Annoyingly Cheerful (Very Common, Moderate)
15	Psychological Limitation:  Protection and cares for the Innocent and Weak. (Common, Strong)
1	Quirk:
1	Quirk:
1	Quirk: Critiques Craftmanship of Swords
1	Quirk: Drinks Mead when Happy
0	Quirk: Seeks Vengence on Far-Bem-ko
1	Quirk: Talks to Steel when he is working on it
5	Rivalry:  Professional (Other Weaponsmiths; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo; Rival Aware of Rivalry)

Total Disadvantage Points:  275

EQUIPMENT CARRIED

Equipment	END
Non-Magic Items	
1)  Long Sword (Fine Quality-Lower STR Min): (Total: 30 Active Cost, 11 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6+1, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½) (30 Active Points); OAF-Long Sword (Fine Quality) (-1), STR Minimum 10 (Fine Quality) (-½), Real Weapon (-¼) (Real Cost: 11)Notes: Mass 1.0 kg	0
2)  Studded Soft Leather: (Total: 3 Active Cost, 1 Real Cost) Armor (1 PD/1 ED) (3 Active Points); Normal Mass (-1), OIF-Studded Soft Leather (-½), Real Armor (-¼) (Real Cost: 1)Notes: Mass 3.50 kg	0
3)  North Coast Dagger: (Total: 17 Active Cost, 6 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6-1, Range Based On STR (+¼), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½) (17 Active Points); OAF-Sea Dagger (-1), STR Minimum 6 (-½), Real Weapon (-¼) (Real Cost: 6)Notes: Mass 0.8 kg	0
4)  Javelin: (Total: 45 Active Cost, 23 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6+1, Range Based On STR (+¼), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½) (35 Active Points); OAF-Javelin (-1), STR Minimum 8 (-½), Real Weapon (-¼) (Real Cost: 13) plus Doubling of Javelin (4 total) (10 Active Points) (Real Cost: 10)Notes: Mass 0.8 kg (x4)	0
5)  Magnifying Glass: Microscopic ( x10) with Sight Group (5 Active Points); OAF-Magnifying Glass Durable (-1), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; -1), Requires Light To Use (-¼), Nonpersistent (-¼)Notes: Mass 0.04 kgReal cost: 1	0
6)  Spyglass: +8 versus Range Modifier for Sight Group (12 Active Points); OAF-Spyglass Fragile Expendable (Very Difficult to obtain new Focus; -1 ¾), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; -1)Notes: Mass 0.15 kgReal cost: 3	0
7)  Lens Goggles: +4 versus Range Modifier for Sight Group (6 Active Points); OAF-Lens Goggles Fragile Expendable (Difficult to obtain new Focus; -1 ½)Notes: Mass .30 kgReal cost: 2	0
8)  Very High Quality Smithy tools: +1 with Smithy skills (Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, & Blacksmith) (5 Active Points); Extra Time (20 Minutes, -2 ½), OAF-Smithy tools Durable Expendable (Difficult to obtain new Focus; -1 ¼)Notes: Mass 1.5 kgReal cost: 1	
9)  Inscriber Tools: +1 Magic Inscriber (5 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Hour, Character May Take No Other Actions, -3 ¼), OAF-Magic Inscribing Tools Fragile Expendable (Extremely Difficult to obtain new Focus; -2 ¼)Notes: Mass 1.0 kgReal cost: 1	
10) Enchanting Tools: +1 with Enchanting Skill (5 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Hour, Character May Take No Other Actions, -3 ¼), OAF-Enchanting Tools Fragile Expendable (Extremely Difficult to obtain new Focus; -2 ¼)Notes: Mass 1.0 kgReal cost: 1	
11) Various Items in Backpack (listed on seperate sheet)Notes: Mass 2.0 kg	0
Magic Items	
1)  Wand of Fireballs: (Total: 60 Active Cost, 16 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Ranged 1 ½d6, Area Of Effect (3" Radius; +1) (60 Active Points); 50 Charges which Never Recover (-1 ¾), OAF-Wand with burn marks (-1) (Real Cost: 16)	[50 nr]
2)  Bloodstone II: (Total: 2 Active Cost, 2 Real Cost) Endurance Reserve  (20 END, 0 REC) Reserve:  IIF (-¼) (Real Cost: 2)	0
3)  Navigation Bracelet: (Total: 3 Active Cost, 1 Real Cost) Bump Of Direction (3 Active Points); OAF-Bracelet (-1) (Real Cost: 1)	0
4)  Boots of Speed: +1 SPD; OIF (-½)Notes: Active/Real Cost 10/7	
5)  Bracers of Endurance: +5 REC; OIF (-½)Notes: Active/Real Cost 10/7	
6)  Necklace of Life: +5 BODY; IAF (-½)Notes: Active/Real Cost 10/7	

The spell system

This is the basic overview of my primary magic system:

The "standard" magic system of the world. The Eldritch magic system (named for the earliest form of magic used with this structure) is the classic mage's college / master & apprentice approach to magic. It is something learned, and takes a good deal of time to learn (represented by the point cost involved.) Magic is powered by each persons reserve of magical energy that they learn to store up and later use- this reserve is the mana that characters use to cast spells.

The study of magic started as a study of the forces of magic - how spells were shaped, how they interacted with each other, and the study of the magical power of the land itself, known as Earthblood. As time moved on, spells grew out of groups trying to create spells they could use. The Eldritch magic known today has all come down from those guilds and groups creating magic for their own use.

After the first fall, when those interested in magic began to study it again, there were only scattered notes about Eldritch magic, so they went off in a slightly different direction, and magic became a threefold study: Body, Mind, Spirit. World, Thought, Soul - Arcane, Mentalist and Divine branches of magic. With magic having been split into three separate but similar disciplines, more people became adepts of magic. A few could learn more than one form, and a very few could work all three. Scholar surmise that those with the ability to learn all three had the same kind of talent as those that studied Eldritch magic; whose spells began to surface as time went one. That is how things stand today, with the focus of magic on the three forms, but with those special few that can do more than one. People who master Arcane, Divine and Mentality and who also master Eldritch magic are known as archmages. Spells are divided into three catagories per discipline; there are public spells, which are the easiest to learn, private spells which are more difficult, and secret spells, that only a rally good mage can use at full capacity. Eldritch spells are considered Secret, but access to them have their own quirks.

Each discipline has certain types of things that it does better, or even that it can do at all, compared to the other disciplines.

Mentalist relates to abilities of the mind, sensory abilities and illusion, and body control and adjustments. Divine magic is very good at healing, at enhancements (things like blessings), nature, certain combat effects (paladin spells), and is great against undead and demons. Arcane magic manipulates the world, is very good at elemental magic, creation of energy and physical things. Eldritch magic is where you find magic dealing with Earthblood, direct manipulation of magical energies, spell modifications and many other basic things. It is also where you find spells that mix the "specialties" of the disciplines.

The mechanics of this system are much more detailed than the last two. First a mechanical overview then the detail. Eldritch magic is purchased as a multipower, with required limitations. Without special talents, the maximum of the MP reserve is three times the maximum of the pertinent Characteristic. INT with Arcane, EGO with Mentalist, PRE with Divine. Spells are slots in the multipower, and the character gets up to the cost of the multipower reserve in free spells. The character purchases an End Battery with End up to the active points in the MP reserve.

The first thing a character has to do is define how good the character is at magic. This choice, in general, once made cannot be changed (although an extreme character rewrite can change this). This defines the character's strength and aptitude for magic - is isn't something to be modified on the fly.

The level of Magical aptitude defines what spells the character can buy, and how much power he can get from them. Access to some types of spells have a modifier of x1.5 or x2 on them. This isn't an advantage, but a total modifier to effective active point costs. If a character has a 60 pt reserve, and purchases a spell that has a x1.5 modifier, then they can only purchase 40 pt spells - that 40 points (for that character only) is considered multiplied by 1.5 to 60. The Mana cost and penalty to the magic roll when casting that spell are also multiplied. This does not change the cost of the spell, merely how powerful a spell can be purchased.

The levels of magical ability and cost.

Cost Magical Capacity

0 Non-Magical

1 Single Discipline Dabbler

3 Single Path Mage, Dual Path Dabbler, Eldritch Dabbler.

5 Dual Path Mage, Triple Path Dabbler, Eldritch Path

8 Triple Path Mage*

10 Born Archmage*

Non-Magical: They only have access to public spells of one discipline, and all spells have a x2 multiplier.

Single Discipline Dabbler: Access to public and private spells of one discipline at no multiplier. Secret Spell have a x1.5 multiplier.

Single Path Mage: All spells in the character's discipline are at normal. No access to other disciplines.

Dual Path Dabbler: All Public and Private spells of the character's two disciplines are at no multiplier. Secret spells have a x2 multiplier.

Eldritch Dabbler: All Eldritch spells are at x1. Public Spells are at x2. No access to private or secret spells.

Dual Path Mage: All Spells in the 2 chosen Disciplines are at x1. Public spells in the third discipline are at x2, Eldritch spells are at x2.

Triple Path Dabbler: All Public and private spells are x1. All secret spells and Eldritch spells are at x2.

Eldritch Path: All Eldritch spells are at x1.All Public Spells are at x1.5, Private are x2. No access to secret spells of the formal disciplines.

Triple Path Mage: All spells from the three disciplines are at normal cost. Eldritch spells have a x1.5 multiplier.

Born Archmage: All spells are purchased normally.

The required limitations on the multipower reserve are Requires a skill roll (-1/2), Variable lim (-1/4) for -1/2 in limitations, and Magic (-1/4)

Requires a skill roll is pretty much as per the book. The name of the skill is Spellcraft, and the governing characteristic for the skill is the one that goes with the discipline (INT for Arcane, EGO for Mentalist, PRE for Divine). If a character follows more than one discipline, or is an Eldritch or Archmage, use the lowest of the three. If the PC and GM agree to do the extra work, then the character can use the average of the appropriate Characteristics.

Variable Lim there are only a limited group of limitations to choose from. The most common are Gestures and Incantation. Focus is also very common, however Expendable foci are disallowed. Extra Time, Increased End, Concentration are all also allowed. Side Effects and Charges are specifically disallowed. Other limitations are subject to discussion with the GM.

Magic; this encompasses a number of small limitations. No Push is one. The particular odd effects with multipliers is another. Spells cannot be bounced, and mostly can never be used in multipower attacks.

The reserve cannot be higher than 3 times the appropriate characteristic, although there are talents to adjust this. Mana is purchased as an End reserve and cannot have more end than the reserve of the multipower. The Recovery is 2/turn only after asleep for one hour. Other special circumstance mana recovery methods are also available as talents.

Purchasing spells is just buying slots for the multipower. Spells in general cost 1 to 3 real points. The character gets a number of free spells equal in points to the real cost of the multipower reserve. E.G if the reserve is 30 real points for a 60 pt multipower the character gets 30 points of spells for free. Should the character increase the amount of the multipower reserve then the amount of free spells goes up as well. All spell costs are calculated with the standard limitations in place.

Casting and using spells; the character spends his Mana, rolls the skill roll and uses the spell. If the spellcraft roll fails the mana is still used. Attack spells are listed as 0 phase to cast, but the attack using the spell is a half phase attack action. A character can only cast 1 spell per phase, even if it is a 0 phase spell. If a character's adjusted Spellcraft roll after all penalties is 19 or higher, the character does not need to make the roll, the spell is automatic. Note that a character can buy penalty skill levels with Spellcraft to offset the active point limitation spells for 1.5 pts (ie 2 levels per 3 points), or for specific spells at 1 pt. However, no matter how many penalty levels are applied the magic roll modifier can never be more than halved. I.E if a character with 8 levels in active point penalty negation levels with spellcraft casts a spell with a spellcraft modifier of -6, it would still be a -3 to cast.