UNTIL Uniforms - Now I know why they BUG me so much.

TheQuestionMan

Re: UNTIL Uniforms - Now I know why they BUG me so much.

Of course, your favorite fantasy series is one that a large percentage of geekdom loathes, so it might be fair to guess that your tastes vary somewhat from the "norm" even in our little sub-culture ;)

:o

Point taken. :)

To be honest, I do like his early adoslescent stuff (Have spacesuit will travel, Starman jones ect).

It's his later stuff (Stranger, Friday, Job, Number of the Beast ect) that I really didn't like.

I'd love to see a good huge military SF made from the Dorsai books.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see them make a movie of Armor by John Steakley

Funny you should say that, as Starship Troopers is the book Armor...Or was supposed to be. It's sort of convoluted, but John Steakley said he wanted to write Starship Troopers the way RAH never could, with the action sequences. Basically ST did the same thing. So the two tried for the same result with vastly different levels of success.

I'll give you that.

I just don't understand the love of RAH. I've tried to read about 8 of his books. I've finished two. The others I wanted the time I spent reading them back.

I enjoyed Friday (good) and Starship Troopers (passable), and pretty much hated every other Heinlein book I ever tried to read. Summation: I'm right there with you.