Civil War in the Champions Universe!

Hermit

Re: Civil War in the Champions Universe!

I'd love to share my thoughts with all of you on Civil War, but I'd get banned for the foulest use of language ever posted on this board.

What a disappointment. Make mine DC.

As horrendous as Marvel's "Civil War" is, DCs "Infinite Crisis" and everything leading up to it (officially starting with "Identity Crisis", but in reality starting long before that) only looks not-as-bad by comparison with "Civil War". IOW, DC took the initial lead in the Sucktacular Story Sweepstakes, only to have Marvel blindside them for the crown. It's less that Marvel won over DC on that measure, and more that both companies went for the prize...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to jump onto the "I hate civil war" bandwagon.. it amazed me that marvel finaly found a way to top thier Spiderman clone bit as the worst idea in comic history....

I am just hoping that someone finds out Tony Stark paid a russian supervillian to attack congress....and then tries him for treason.

Only way they can fix this one is to borrow superboy and have him start hitting the walls of reality...:smoke:

Okay, folks, here we go.

I posted this on the Marvel Boards, and am thinking of reposting it here. I was very harsh, but I felt the need to say this to them.

http://www.marvelcomics.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=35207&start=10&sid=1a58ebee25fabf8969d390c057ee9569

I don't think I've ever been so angry in all my days. Look for Legacies. Wrong things still happen in my champions game. But NOTHING...NOTHING like this.

Okay, folks, here we go.

I posted this on the Marvel Boards, and am thinking of reposting it here. I was very harsh, but I felt the need to say this to them.

http://www.marvelcomics.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=35207&start=10&sid=1a58ebee25fabf8969d390c057ee9569

I don't think I've ever been so angry in all my days. Look for Legacies. Wrong things still happen in my champions game. But NOTHING...NOTHING like this.

I understand and to some extent share your frustration.

Having said that, I wish you could have written that post without accusing the writers of being "traitorous." The word traitor gets thrown around far too casually these days - it's often used by some on the right to describe anyone who doesn't support the war effort, just as the word "Nazi" gets overused by some on the left describing their opponents.

The danger is that the good points that you make - and you did make several - are easy to get lost or overlook in the emotional rhetoric. My .02.

I understand that using the word was a harsh measure. But I was concerned that people wouldn't understand the depths of why my patriotism matters to me if I didn't use it. Comic Book bulletin boards are not a place for long and complex dissertations on moral behavior.

Though perhaps, in one sense, you are right, and they should be.

Wait for Mind Over Matter. Hopefully, I'll do a better job than Marvel did.