Conspiracy X Hero Material Thread

humantorch101

Hey guys,

Im going to use this thread to post stuff from my current campaign which uses old old loved hero system in a combined setting of Conspiracy X/Delta Green and Dark Matter.

I will be posting various things from the campaign like characters, items, adventure write ups, conspiracy ideas etc. Feel free to ask for any material you think might be useful for your own campaigns and I will see what I can do.

Rgds

Re: Conspiracy X Hero Material Thread

Hero System - 'nough said

http://www.herogames.com/Products/hero5ER.htm

Conspiracy X - I got the GURPS Conversion and enjoyed reading it, but have not run anything with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_X

Delta Green - I have this one on Back Order. There has been so much good said about it that I had to order a copy for myself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Green

Dark•Matter - I saw it around, but never picked it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark%E2%80%A2Matter

Cheers

QM

Re: Conspiracy X Hero Material Thread

I love Delta Green and ConX wasn't too bad either. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Don't overlook the various mythos beasties on Surbrooks Site.

I'd be most interested in seeing your collected background, the adventures, and beasties. Weird beasties are always such a joy.

• 4 weeks later...

Hermes System Downloads

In the Con X background there is very high tech portable computer system that the players use called "the Hermes System".

The players can use this to contact their parent cell and use it mainly for information about any weird and wonderful information they might require.

This is a great tool for me to use for both giving them a slow drip, drip of information as well as misinformation as well which is very necessary in a conspiracy campaign.

After I have finished preparing the coming adventure I jsut go through the Master hermes word document I have prepared and add in any possible infgormation requests the players might have when the ask for information from Hermes in the adventure.

I then say later you have had a Hermes download on the info you requested and tell them where in the word doc to look for the new info.

Works very well in game.

I am going to start listing in this thread the various topics and info I have currently down to share some of the background with you of my campaign.

This is culled from Con X/ Delta Green/Dark Matter/Cthulu/Marvel/DC/Champons/real world stuff anything basically I like and steal and can fit into the whole.

Let me know what you think.

rgds

Torch

Aegis

Formed from the breakup of the Watch. Aegis (The name of the mythical shield of Zeus) was formed to protect humanity from any ongoing threat either Alein, Supernatural, or Human in origin. The organisation has carried out this secret fight for nearly sixty years. This is the player characters organisation.

Alien Abductions

A strange ongoin phenomena which has been reaching ever increasing numbers since the late 1940's. since that time thousands of Americans and people from other parts of the world have told wild stories about being abduted by aliens. Although the modern media scoffs at such tales the large majority of abduction cases have been proved by Aegis to at least have a basis in truth.

Thought to be carried out by many if not all of the alien species on earth, it is however the Greys who have been msot reported and associated with abduction cases. This great number of reported Grey abductions has done much to fix the Greys as the popular image of "the Aliens" in the minds of the American people.

Some common similarities regarding abduction cases are that most abductions occur near the coast or near large inland bodies of water (n American). Many abductions are of younf physically fit people primarily male (N American). Abductions in built up urban areas are of single people while those in remote areas are often many people at once (worldwide).

Many abductees have been found to carry some kind of implant (N American). Abductees sometimes return with a message of hope and peace (Europe). Abductees that return sometimes have a significantly shorter life span than normal (N Africa). Some abductees never return and are never seen again by their loved ones (Asia and Africa some N America). Once returned Abductees often seem cold, emotionless but become high achievers (S. America).

Arrowhead Project

Top secret Aegis project attempting to look at the possibility of Laser and maser technology with a view to using it for teleportation by cutting open gateways between this dimension and the next.

The head of the project is doctor James Robertson. Recently te project was compromised by the Black Book who attempted to steal the science behind the project (this was foiled by agents Flint & Tracy). Since then the project has beens ecretly transferred to another unknown location on the Canadian border.

Atlanteans

Commonly used name for beautiful humanoid looking alien race of unknown origins. Some claim the Atlanteans have always been here and they are behind sightings of AnceintAstronauts and Nordics in ancient times. Atlanteans are known for their attractive physical appearance almost abnormallly so.

They have also been known to be associated with Nanotechnology that they use for a myriad of purposes. They do not seem to have any ongoing alliance with any organisation but rather seem to attempt to pull the strings from positions of power.

• 2 weeks later...

Atlantean Origins

The majority opinionin Aegis is that Atlanteans are an alien race not originally from Earth. There isalso another theory however which purports that they are an offshoot race of ancient humans going back to the pre dawn of known history. This agrees with what the Atlantean's who allied themselves with the Watch during world war two told Aegis regarding their origins, wheather this information can be trusted is of course a matte rof opinion.

The Black Book

The other splinter organisation formed from the breakup of the Watch. From early on it was clear to Aegis that the black book had somehow become corrupted by the aliens they were purporting to fight. For the last forty years it has emerged that the book has various agreements in place with various alien species such as the Greys and the Saurians. just what these agreements are and how the corrupt the book have become in serving their alien masters is unknown, what is known is that they have become Aegis most deadly enemy.

Crop Circles

Crop circles are a very misunderstood phenomenon which the general public commonly associate with alien activity. But Aegis has found no common link or cause to this theory. Contary to this conjecture Aegis beleives that crop cirlces are in fact strongly linked to seepage energy and may be a side effect of powerful magical rituals or buildups of raw seepage energy.

Delta Green

Name given to an even more mysterious covert organisation hidden within the US intelligence community than Aegis and the Black Book. Very little is known about Delta Green's origins, motives and and agenda. All that is known for sure is that it seems to recruit primarily from the US Navy and Marines and repeated attempts by Aegis to recruit from these two branches of the US military has been largely unsuccessful.

Delta Green it is rumoured is the legendary "third way" that arose out of the Roswell incident and the break up of the Watch. If this is true and just what this "third way" is and means is unknown.

Greys

Small humanoid alien species, who are the common image of "aliens" to most normal people. Standing about three to four feet tall with large oversized heads and big black eyes, their skin color is adeep shuny grey hence their name.

The Grey speciesare known to be immensley powerful psychics who dwarf human psychics in both skill and power. Grey encounters are commony associated with time loss and they have been observed making dolphin like hoots and whistles when distressed. Greys do not sem to be able to contemplate physical violence and they are very timied until they use their psychic powers when they instead become ruthless. They have an ongoing association or alliance with the Black book of unknown origin and meaning.

Within the USA grey like aliens are the most commonly seen sighting.

Impants Coral

Strange devices, thought to be psychic in nature that are found on many abduction victims. The implants seem to be made from living coral, although they are often cased in very strong metallic alloys. Thoguht to be used for reasons unknown by the Greys and the Black book. Implants are often found on places in teh body it would be dangerous to extract them from such as within bones, inside the brain or nasal cavity, around the heart etc.

Thoguht to be psychic devices of different kinds that can be used by psychics to track the abducted for reasons unknown.

MacPherson Clan

Strange large Virginian backwoods family of murdering cannibals who have passed into urban legend over the last few years.

Thought to be responsible for as many as a hundred deaths over the last twenty years the MacPherson Clan has become an almost mythic boogie tale in urban legend.

It has only recently came to light that many members of the clan such as Ma, Bull and Crazy Joe are in fact powerful Incarnates. The clan has not been captured by either Aegis or the authorities and have in fact now become a mobile swathe of death and destruction through America's midwest.

Mecha

Thought to be closely associated with the Atlanteans, this life form seems to be based entirely on some kind of machine or computer based sentient life. Known to be extremely powerful and dangerous to confront Mecha are rarely seen or encountered by Aegis.

Thought originally to be a creation or controlled by the Atlanteans this has in recent years been put into question as rare cases have seen what looked like Atlanteans and Mecha in open conflict. Most often encountered as very average, nondescript humans often with grey hair or eyes, Mecha are often cold and seemingly unemotional.

Men in Black

Name given to the goverment agents who always seem to turn up at the sites of strange cases and often interview witnesses. This could apply to both black book agents, other goverment agencies such as the CIA or NSA or even our own Aegis agents.

However there is a stream of sightings of very large physically imposing and strong agents who seem to be very threatening even often violent in their behaviour, they also seem to speak very rarely. These do not match the profiles of our own agents so much be investigated further.