A question about Iceman

Corven_Ren

Re: A question about Iceman

Pfah. Women ;)

Guess they must have had her appear again later, according to Wikipedia

Iceman has been featured in two self-titled limited comic book miniseries. One in the 1980s and another in the 2000s. In the second volume, he travels to Japan at the request of former girlfriend, Opal Tanaka.

I remember they brought her back as a link to cybernetic samurai. There were a group of cyber-samurai who were hunting her down (or were they hunting Bobby?) and one of them fell in love with Opal (I think his name was Hiro?).

At the time Bobby was having 'issues' with his dad and annoyed Opal because he was being petty and may have insulted her I think, although not directly. He wasn't giving her much time and she felt neglected.

The cybernetic samurai attacked Bobby and Opal, trashed his parents' place which caused problems between Bobby and his dad (as it would, right?).

Opal is taken to Japan because Marvel figured all Japanese Americans must have some reason to go to Japan and while there she kind of fell in love with the cybernetic samurai guy and there was a classic love triangle.

The cyber-guy blew himself up and Opal realised that she loved him more than Bobby because it was probably convenient to get rid of her from the comic. I think Bobby kind of regressed in age after that (again) making him into a 20-23 year old guy. He is one of the strangest characters of all time when it comes to aging - although Jubilee is another example of messed up continuity relating to age.

Anyway, I think Opal probably left the picture then having realised that she loved the cybernetic samurai guy, and that Bobby wasn't giving her much attention (and had a racist father).

i would have gone with force field for earlier versions current version is fully made of ice so armour and a lot of re-gen with the limit that he must have a suitable amount of water available ( hes come back from being just a head recently everyone in x men has re-gen these days it seems)

I'd use force field for writups of Ice Man before he became effectively immortal, since when he would get KOed the sheath usually melted in short order.

These days, he can stay in Ice/H2O form even when his body has been almost completely destroyed... he was actually reduced to steam recently and lived.

He doesn't typically have to renew it, so I ususally go Armor (I mean you can probably dig up a comic somewhere where he recoats himself, but it's not prevalent enough to bother changing the mechanics). Making some of it ablative could add some more dimension.