Name that villian!

RevHooligan

I have been chopping, gluing, and repainting my Heroclix and have come up with some neat looking dudes I'd like to use as villians-for-hire or minions of my Dr Doomesque superbaddie. Problem is I usually start with a character concept, then decide what he looks like. Now I have these costumed freaks with no idea what they do. I'd like to see what you folk could come up with.

As the pictures are still at the photo developer, I'll describe them:

1. Think Ving Rhames in a gold body suit with wrap-around shades. (originaly a Infinity Gauntlet Thug with the bellbottoms trimmed down and the wifebeater sanded off.)

2.Masked Bluehaired Dude holding katana and smirking. (Hypertime Riddler repainted and holding a sword)

3. Flaming Chick. (Pyro from the waist down, BoomBoom from the waist up, painted as flames)

4. Crazed Shirtless Scotsman (Hercules w/o the headgear and painted in Hunting Gordon Tartan)

5.Marilyn Manson Spider Monster. (Sheild sniper head and torso, Arcane's spider body and creepy arms. Really looks like MM from Mechanal Animals. Luckily, it doesn't sing.)

If I can find a free host, I'll post the pictures.

Good lokin' out, G's.

This is hard when you have no idea of powers, backgrounds or even if they are heroes or villains, so I am going to be a little less serious with the names than I am normally.

1. Do you want a stereotype rap name, or a proper hero/villain one? N-Got? Golden Destroyer (was that a 4th Ed. villain)? Bling?

2. Blue Blade? Blueshido?

3. Hot Stuff? Hot Lips? Firecracker?

4. Mad Mac? Hunting Highlander? (Hunting High and Low - you said it had Hunting Gordon)

5. A lot of spiders in folklore were female (probably something to do with weaving being done by women), so this is tough. The Catcher? Crawley? Skitter?

1. Think Ving Rhames in a gold body suit with wrap-around shades.

Shatterfist, Gold Crush.

2.Masked Bluehaired Dude holding katana and smirking.

Sabre, Sapphire Swordsman,

3. Flaming Chick.

Inferna, Hellfire, Bonfire

4. Crazed Shirtless Scotsman

Tartan

5.Marilyn Manson Spider Monster.

Webweaver, Spinnerette, Trapdoor, The Funnel Huntress

Re: Name that villian!

Originally posted by RevHooligan

1. Think Ving Rhames in a gold body suit with wrap-around shades. (originaly a Infinity Gauntlet Thug with the bellbottoms trimmed down and the wifebeater sanded off.)

G-Dawg

2.Masked Bluehaired Dude holding katana and smirking. (Hypertime Riddler repainted and holding a sword)

Stinkoman! That's the name of talented fighter if ever there was one!

3. Flaming Chick. (Pyro from the waist down, BoomBoom from the waist up, painted as flames)

The Flaming Queen. Especially if she's just *looking* for an excuse to start a fight...

4. Crazed Shirtless Scotsman (Hercules w/o the headgear and painted in Hunting Gordon Tartan)

Mad Jack MacBlood

5.Marilyn Manson Spider Monster. (Sheild sniper head and torso, Arcane's spider body and creepy arms. Really looks like MM from Mechanal Animals. Luckily, it doesn't sing.)

Boris.

[fully expecting to be smacked now.]

Re: Name that villian!

Originally posted by RevHooligan

I have been chopping, gluing, and repainting my Heroclix and have come up with some neat looking dudes I'd like to use as villians-for-hire or minions of my Dr Doomesque superbaddie. Problem is I usually start with a character concept, then decide what he looks like. Now I have these costumed freaks with no idea what they do. I'd like to see what you folk could come up with.

1. Think Ving Rhames in a gold body suit with wrap-around shades.

2.Masked Bluehaired Dude holding katana and smirking.

3. Flaming Chick.

4. Crazed Shirtless Scotsman

5.Marilyn Manson Spider Monster.

1. Mr. Midas

2. Shadowblade

3. Starmaiden, The Cometessa, Burning Woman

4. Angus the Mad Bull

5. Hellcrawler, Machine Freak

That's all I can think up right now. Hope that helps.

Well, that was fun. I'm definatly going with Mad Angus McCrae for our Scotsman. I like the "Mad" part as I have a Mad Jack for an ancestor (who almost singlehandedly started the Pequot War in Colonial New England). I see Angus as a brick who likes brawling and isn't exactly evil, just hangs with the wrong crowd.

I may go with Midas for #1, but Goldrush would be a good speedster name. He's more Shaft than Tupac, so the hiphop nomenclature seems odd.

The blue-haired dude I see as a Bullseye-type high functioning psycopath with uberweapons skills. I think Stinkoman will fall a bit short.

Cometess sounds too much like comatose and that's not very intimadating. Perhaps I should look into other languages. What's Icelandic for fire?

The Manson spider I've decided not to use, as it creeps me out and I may try to sell it to a mallgoth for Jim Beam money.