Your version of the Champions

Dominique

Re: Your version of the Champions

Well, yeah, but that's... Fuzion. I don't know if it's worth trying to track down a copy of a book with rules I'll never use.

Is there a conversion anywhere? Or at least a rundown on why he's cool?

Well, there was a Second Edition of the core Champions: New Millennium book which provided 4E HERO stats for all the characters in the book. In addition, Hero Games (pre-DOJ) hosted 4E stats for the characters from all three of the New Millennium books on the company website for free download. If you go here you can download a ZIPped archive of those stats, although without the backgrounds and art from the original books.

What made the NM version of Defender cool IMO, was that the user of the armor was a college-age athlete, bright but not particularly technically savvy, who pretended to his Champions teammates to be a tech wiz through the input of his three techno-geek friends, "Team Defender," who would monitor his adventures and feed him scientific advice.

Strangely enough, I have never encountered the Champions 3rd, 4th, or 5th. They were always the basic Superhero Team. For many of our Champions Campaign it was the Sentinels of the North.

Adamantine - Mutate Brick

A-Man - Mutate with Bouncing and Stretching Powers

Ambrosia - Mutant Pheromones.

Aquarian - Atlantean and Hyrdokinetic.

Gazelle - Mutant Speedster.

Minstrel - Mystic Bard.

Mirage - Mutant Pyrokinetic.

Myrmidon - Alien Gladiator with Mystic.

Oracle - Mutant/Mystic.

Polar Bear - Mutant Brick and Biokinetic.

Sirius - Mystic and Metamorph.

Skylark - Weapons Master, Gadgeteer, and Inventor.

Snowmane - Mystic Brick and Martial Artist.

Star Sapphire - Mutant Telekinetic.

My Top Champions

Seeker - Martial Artist (from The Watchers of the Dragon, 4th Edition).

Obsidian - Alien Brick (from Champions Universe, 4th Edition).

Solitaire/Witchcraft - Mystic (Champions Universe: News of the World, 5th Edition).

Cheers

QM

In 25 years of playing the game I've never used the Champions. They always seemed like just sample characters to me. I usually used the Avengers or the JLA instead, sometimes both at once. But since my campaigns were set far away from their stomping grounds the players rarely saw them unless they decided to seek them out.