Limitation Value Suggestions

CrosshairCollie

Limited STR: Only To Maintain A Grab

Does not increase the damage from squeezing, just the ability to keep the target pinned

Limited STR: Only To Increase Throwing Power and Distance

This is based of Elasti-Girl's 'manhole cover slingshot' maneuver from the Incredibles. The character can't lift more than he normally could, but can throw it with greater power and distance (and damage).

Not sure how much of a limitation these are ... I'm thinking -1 for the former and -1/2 for the latter. Other opinions?

Re: Limitation Value Suggestions

Limited STR: Only To Maintain A Grab

Does not increase the damage from squeezing, just the ability to keep the target pinned

Limited STR: Only To Increase Throwing Power and Distance

This is based of Elasti-Girl's 'manhole cover slingshot' maneuver from the Incredibles. The character can't lift more than he normally could, but can throw it with greater power and distance (and damage).

Not sure how much of a limitation these are ... I'm thinking -1 for the former and -1/2 for the latter. Other opinions?

Not sure about the numbers but Elasti-Girl did appear to get some type of lifting ability since she alone was holding the camper to the rocket. I don't think she would have been able to set that up without assistance from Mr. Incredible. But the ability to maintain a 35-45 STR exertion over a relatively long period does suggest some type of Limited form of Reduced END on STR as well.

This is how I handled it for my character Stretch Armstrong:

14 Elastic Body: Elemental Control, 36-point powers, (18 Active Points); all slots (Not In Extreme Cold;

3) Rubber Wrap: (Total: 36 Active Cost, 15 Real Cost) +20 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); (Only For Holding On With Grabs; -1), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) (Real Cost: 12) plus Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) for up to 25 Active Points of STR (6 Active Points); (Only For Holding On With Grabs; -1) (Real Cost: 3)

Notes: This can be combined with Martial Grab or Sacrifice Disarm for a total of 65 STR for holding on and makes it easier to do so via Reduced END on his normal 25 STR.

END = 0

Not sure about the numbers but Elasti-Girl did appear to get some type of lifting ability since she alone was holding the camper to the rocket. I don't think she would have been able to set that up without assistance from Mr. Incredible. But the ability to maintain a 35-35 STR exertion over a relatively long period does suggest some type of Limited form of Reduced END on STR as well.

If I'm remembering how that scene was set up, I'd say she was maintaining the grab itself on the rocket and the camper was attached to her, so extra STR to maintain a grab would cover it (the weight of the camper would be used as STR for trying to break the grab, using Standard Effect). Or something like that. :)

Ultimate Brick has "Only To Determine Throwing Distance" at -2 and "Only For Throwing" at -1. Neither writeup has "No Figured" so that's probably part of overall Limitation placed on STR.

(Power: Distance Throw, TUB p56)

Ultimate Brick has "Only To Determine Throwing Distance" at -2 and "Only For Throwing" at -1. Neither writeup has "No Figured" so that's probably part of overall Limitation placed on STR.

(Power: Distance Throw, TUB p56)

Actually I would think "No Figured" would be included because the limitations are "Only For Throwing" and not "Only For Throwing and Figured Characteristics". But it should mean that every instance of limited STR should be at least -3/4. With -1/2 being from "No Figured" and the rest being from the specialization affects STR as a power and not a Characteristic.